View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 What is this team's identity? WK13 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post What is this team's identity? WK13
I can't figure this Philbin team out guys. I've watched every single game this year. We started out the season with a nasty loss against Houston. Then we turned into a ground and pound running team that could shut down your run game. Then the run went away and we turned into a team that could win close games with good special teams and efficient and safe football from our rookie quarterback. The defense was doing a good job of bending but not breaking. Now, we return to week one and have another nastly loss. But this time it was against a bad football team in our own house. I've got to tell you, I really don't know what to expect from us this Thursday against Buffalo. I don't know which team will show up. Will it be the team that lost to Houston and Tennessee? Will it be the team that lost to Arizona, New York, or Indy? Will it be the team that beat Cincinnatti and St. Louis? Or will it be the team that beat Oakland and New York? This team changes from week to week so much it's really hard to figure out this team's identity. The only identity I see is that we're an inconsistent unpredictable team. I really hope this team can settle down, get some rythm, and figure out what kind of football team they're going to be.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: What is this team's identity? WK13
Their identity is an extremely young team that is thin on talent in a lot of key areas. A team with an offensive line that can't dominate teams in the running game, a secondary that is toast after 3 seconds, no deep threat at WR, a rookie QB, a new offensive scheme,one legit pass rusher & who is -6 in turnover ratio.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'm most disappointed by the way the O-line has fallen apart, followed closely by a weak secondary with hands of stone. At the beginning of the season.........I thought this team was positioned to be a real contender for the next 5+ years.....Exceptional D and O line....QB with great potential.

Now it looks like Pouncy and Martin are the only locks to return on the O-line. I would include Jerry in the mix, but who knows how he's going to show up for next year's camp.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:37 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yesterday's game idenity was to play with no heart, no intensity, and just collect a paycheck.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:44 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I think "we are who we thought we we're!" sorry I couldn't resist, but we are a rebuilding team that still needs a lot of work. We fought hard in some games and won but we are between a 6-10 to 8-8 team. Another draft and 1 or 2 FA's then we could be a 9-7 to 10-6 team next year.
4-3 gave us a false sense of hope when this team was devoid of talent. We will play a lot harder the rest of the season but I wouldn't expect too much until next year. WE ARE NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM!!!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:55 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Why do we have to wait until week 13 to have an identity?

:fart:

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:

Hahah I still don't get why he does that. There's a column which blatantly shows who the threads author is.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well....it seems their identity is closer to 2007 than to 2008.

The Dolphins have been pedestrian or worse for too long now.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Hahah I still don't get why he does that. There's a column which blatantly shows who the threads author is.

I do it so people know it's only my personal rants, and it's not linked to any particular article. That way people can choose whether they want to read it or not.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MdDolfan wrote:
I think "we are who we thought we we're!" sorry I couldn't resist, but we are a rebuilding team that still needs a lot of work. We fought hard in some games and won but we are between a 6-10 to 8-8 team. Another draft and 1 or 2 FA's then we could be a 9-7 to 10-6 team next year.
4-3 gave us a false sense of hope when this team was devoid of talent. We will play a lot harder the rest of the season but I wouldn't expect too much until next year. WE ARE NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM!!!

I wouldn't take us out of consideration the way this season has been going. This week's game against Buffalo will tell us a lot. We're going to see the heart of this team or lack thereof depending on the result.

That said, if we can manage to win, we'll be 5-5. We'll have four out of our final six games at home, that's helpful. We have only one cold weather game the entire rest of the season, at New England the final week, that helps. So four out of six at home, only one cold weather game, if you ask me that is the best schedule we could ever hope to get down the stretch.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]