View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Interesting article by Omar Kelly 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Interesting article by Omar Kelly
Here you go:

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/03/miami-dolphins-draft-nuggets-no-2.html

Interesting to see if we use Justin Smiley to trade down or to get a pick in draft day since a lot of teams are in need of OL...

It will also be interesting to see if we get a new TE maybe in the 3rd... They say we like Dennis Pitta from Brigham Young... I saw him at the combine and was impressed with his ball skills... I'm not so sure about his X factor...

Your thoughts?

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:41 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Interesting article by Omar Kelly
Dennis Pitta is my boy. The guy has Dallas Clark type of receiving skills, but has the frame and toughness to be a good blocker.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:25 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Interesting article by Omar Kelly
I definitely think there will be a run on OL in the early part of the 1st round, but I don't think it will push Eric Berry down into Miami territory. I think Dez Bryant could possibly be there depending on his Pro Day.

Dennis Pita is by far the most polished TE in this draft and has shown himself to be a better blocker and athlete than a lot of people thought. He could be what David Martin was for Miami in 2008, a TE that can stretch the field.

Jimmy Graham is such an intriguing prospect. 6'6, 260 lbs running a 4.53 40. He is raw because of last year being his first year playing football, but what I saw of him, he looks good, runs pretty solid routes and catches the ball well.

Miami's dream scenario would be to trade down and acquire additional picks.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]