View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Still waiting on an answer to the Matt Roth situation 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Still waiting on an answer to the Matt Roth situation
Obviously there was a rift between Roth and Sparano/front office.

Mike Berardino wrote:
Q: The Fins cut Matt Roth, who was signed by Cleveland and played well in their last 6 games. If the Fins are in need of LBing help why did they let him go? Was it salary, work ethic, talent or what. What am I missing from this picture or not grasping? If you need talent, you just don’t let a good player go. Joseph Vigna, Port St. Lucie.

A: Agreed, Joseph. All of us are still waiting to hear a plausible explanation. The “football decision” idea still doesn’t pass muster, especially not after Roth went nuts in Cleveland those last six games.

Sun Sentinel (Ask Mike)

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Still waiting on an answer to the Matt Roth situation
I'm not... He lied, was injured, wasnt injured, and basically lost his job to an aging OLB the staff really didnt want back...
Had they not pulled the trigger on JT last year it would have been really ugly with Roth out too...

The coach assumed he was healthy right up til camp started.....

I just assume he had a "Porter" attitude and was mad he was loosing snaps with JT back, so he pulled his crap. And IMO it backfired on him...

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Still waiting on an answer to the Matt Roth situation
i thought that roth had not disclosed his groin injury to the coaching staff. Sparano found out on his own about the injury and then it took roth a while to heal, when the coaching staff thought he would have been a go. I think the TS and the others got pissed off at Roth and decided to get rid of him, not thinking that Porter was going to have a rough year. I think they thought he was going to pick up where he left off the year prior. I believe they got rid of Roth, as a reaction from the off season issue, dont think they thought about it clearly.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]