View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Gaffney waived and TE Kyle Miller signed 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Gaffney waived and TE Kyle Miller signed
Per Omar's Twitter.

Quote:
omar kelly ‏@omarkellythe dolphins have waived wr jabar gaffney today to make room for te kyle miller, who was claimed off waivers from the colts.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Gaffney waived and TE Kyle Miller signed
So that is how many receiver we've tried out this year for the #3 spot??? 5? Anybody know anything about Miller?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
So that is how many receiver we've tried out this year for the #3 spot??? 5? Anybody know anything about Miller?

Slow and weak.

Ran a 4.8 and bench pressed 14 reps. He and Martin can be workout buddies.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Slow and weak.

Ran a 4.8 and bench pressed 14 lbs. He and Martin can be workout buddies.

I tell you what, our staff must really hate Egnew right now.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Ran a 4.8 and bench pressed 14 reps

Bench press 225 only 14 times? He is 24 years old and is 6 foot 5 and 260 pounds. That is pitiful in his upper body strength. Turtle speed too.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
Ran a 4.8 and bench pressed 14 reps

Bench press 225 only 14 times? He is 24 years old and is 6 foot 5 and 260 pounds. That is pitiful in his upper body strength. Turtle speed too.

Ya, I forgot to include his height/weight to give it even more context.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

So what are we bringing in the guy for? He must have some sort of redeeming quality for us to be looking at him.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
So what are we bringing in the guy for? He must have some sort of redeeming quality for us to be looking at him.

No idea.

He does not fit any of the qualities this offense was supposedly looking for in a tight end outside of Fasano. Does he sound like a seem buster to you? LOL

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:14 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

So much for the euphoria when we signed him. Remember those posts?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:32 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The Colts would not havewaived him if he was that good. Armstrong, Gafney, and now this guy. Man, they are slow learners. This guy will NEVERmake it, try Egnew....Geeez. Hey Mitch remember when I asked Ireland about Egnew and he said "Egnew is doing great, he's just buried on the depth chart". I said cliche answer and BAM, we sign this guy. LOL...these coaches and GMsmust think us fans are stupid.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Makchell wrote:
The Colts would not havewaived him if he was that good. Armstrong, Gafney, and now this guy. Man, they are slow learners. This guy will NEVERmake it, try Egnew....Geeez. Hey Mitch remember when I asked Ireland about Egnew and he said "Egnew is doing great, he's just buried on the depth chart". I said cliche answer and BAM, we sign this guy. LOL...these coaches and GMsmust think us fans are stupid.

LOL , especially when our depth chart is written on a post it note.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:45 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:

Not sure, but how does SD sign Alexander & he puts up 15 catches, 250+ yds & 3 Tds.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

From PFT:

Quote:
Miller had spent the entire season on the Indianapolis practice squad. He was elevated to the active roster in advance of the Colts’ game at New England. Waived after the game by the Colts, who presumably intended to sign Miller to the practice squad, the Dolphins disrupted those plans by pouncing on Miller.

Not sure what they mean by pouncing..

Here is a little more. Seems the guy is a long snapper
Quote:
Miller ran a 4.85 40, had a 28-1/2 vertical and had 14 reps on the bench press. Although Miller has receiver or tight end size, the rest of his measureables don't stack up quite as well. Long snappers don't get drafted but every team needs one.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

No idea.

He does not fit any of the qualities this offense was supposedly looking for in a tight end outside of Fasano. Does he sound like a seem buster to you? LOL

I read the Colts website bio. His dad was a 3rd round pick by the Cleveland Browns a long time ago. He was signed as an undrafted free agent last year by the Jaguars, but was cut before the season. Then he was signed by the Colts this year and made it half way into the season. He had big numbers as a receiver his senior year in college. He had something like 60 catches, 800 yards, and 7 touchdowns.

This move just doesn't make sense to me. If we wanted a athletic tightend that was weak and couldn't block we could have just given Egnew some playing time. Or Ireland could have called up Les Brown and given him another tryout. I really don't know what we're reaching for here. Sounds like another silly bottom of the roster move by Ireland.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:51 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This speaks volumes on that "Egnew is progressing" BS Philbin preached to the media. Egnew must be a piece of crap to bring in someone like this. I don't see how Egnew rebounds at all, I'd be surprised if he is still on the team by week 1 of next season. Remember guys...Egnew is a product of the Marshall trade...ugh.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
This speaks volumes on that "Egnew is progressing" BS Philbin preached to the media. Egnew must be a piece of crap to bring in someone like this. I don't see how Egnew rebounds at all, I'd be surprised if he is still on the team by week 1 of next season. Remember guys...Egnew is a product of the Marshall trade...ugh.

I think another Tightend is in our immediate draft future. Personally, I'm hoping for Tyler Eifert from Notre Dame or Zach Ertz from Stanford. Both guys look like they might have the stuff to be good as the next level.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:11 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Egnew was a threat tight end in college and was definitely a seam buster. What the heck has happened to him? Some where I read that he has had trouble grasping the playbook. If you are struggling with where to be on the field in different play call situations and especially after all this time between camp and now 10 games into the season, then I guess the NFL will stand for not for long.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:07 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

wkloiber13 wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Slow and weak.

Ran a 4.8 and bench pressed 14 lbs. He and Martin can be workout buddies.

I tell you what, our staff must really hate Egnew right now.

That is exactly what I was thinking. If Egnew does not show something this off season he will be cut by the second pre-season game 2013.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:31 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
Egnew was a threat tight end in college and was definitely a seam buster. What the heck has happened to him? Some where I read that he has had trouble grasping the playbook. If you are struggling with where to be on the field in different play call situations and especially after all this time between camp and now 10 games into the season, then I guess the NFL will stand for not for long.

I'm not too familiar with Missouri's offense, but it sounds to me like the kid wasn't asked to do a whole lot other than run routes. But now he's being asked to not only block and run routes, we're also asking him to be able to change his route/blocking assignment on the fly when Tannehill calls audibles.

Our offense is heavily reliant on pre snap reads and audibles, if Egnew is struggling with the playbook, he'll likely not see the field any time soon. Not knowing the snap count, the correct route, the proper blocking assignment, etc., can be a disaster waiting to happen.

Hopefully Egnew can get it together and see the field before the season is over. We were really counting on him making an impact this season in the passing game, that's why we took him in the 3rd. As much as we're struggling, it would be an enormous boost if he were able to get him on the field and give us another receiving threat. It would be nice to see him play a little this week.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Whoopee doodle doo. Another worthless signing. Churn baby, churn.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:39 am

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Whoopee doodle doo. Another worthless signing. Churn baby, churn.

LOL Something else to be thankful for.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

No idea.

No, he sounds more like another failed bottom of the roster move by Ireland. If I had to guess, he'll be gone by the end of November and we'll bring in another destined to fail DB project. It's funny, I can't remember the last time we had a fully functioning 53 man roster that lasted more than a couple of months together. We're always turning over the last three or so spots.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
NFL suspended free agent WR Jabar Gaffney two games for violating an undisclosed league policy.
This may explain why the Dolphins were so quick to cut Gaffney after a six-week stay on the roster. Gaffney turns 32 next month and is nearing the end of the line. He's still eligible to be signed by a team during the two-game ban.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:08 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
NFL suspended free agent WR Jabar Gaffney two games for violating an undisclosed league policy.
This may explain why the Dolphins were so quick to cut Gaffney after a six-week stay on the roster. Gaffney turns 32 next month and is nearing the end of the line. He's still eligible to be signed by a team during the two-game ban.

Ireland must have known about the suspension and decided to part ways. Can't say I blame him this late in the season. No sense in keeping a roster spot for someone who really isn't contributing much.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]