View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:58 pm



Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3375
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Dphins4me wrote:
Makchell wrote:
OK guys, please enough. To answer your question Scot I would have to guess that NO, they don't start off in thier lanes but I really don't know.

You know that means you are stupid also? Its why I ask. I always took that when a KO cover team lined up they did so in the lanes they are responsible for, but I do not work in the NFL so I only going off what I think.

I ask the foremost expert on the site & he got upset with the question. Not really sure why.



Mak why is he calling you stupid?


Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:30 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5940
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Mak why is he calling you stupid?

He's not, he's trying to be funny, I think....lol


Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:41 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3375
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Makchell wrote:
Mak why is he calling you stupid?

He's not, he's trying to be funny, I think....lol



lol yes I know, but it is similar to the problem he has with Rich's post. It is how you read it.


Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:49 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4152
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
AQNOR wrote:
lol yes I know, but it is similar to the problem he has with Rich's post. It is how you read it.

I have no issues with Rich's post. He made a comment & I ask a simple question based on the comment, for the advancment of my knowledge. I'm left to wonder why my question was so difficult to answer, because that question opened up something.


Last edited by Dphins4me on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:17 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4152
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Makchell wrote:
He's not, he's trying to be funny, I think....lol

Trying? Huh. :fart:


Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Our widereceiver core consists of two guys, Hartline and Bess, and they've got a whopping two touchdowns this year between them. Of the two, Bess was the only one that really had an impact on Sunday. It would have been an even bigger one had he not fallen down on that big play. Hartline dissappeared after the 1st quarter and finished with only a couple of catches. What bouyed the passing game yesterday was the spark we got off the bench from Charles Clay. When Clay plays up to his potential he adds a new dimension to this offense. Having a versatile guy like Clay who can switch between FB and TE with ease really gives Tannehill the ability to change things up at the line and find favorable matchups. Make no mistake about it, this team needs help at WR. We still lack a speedster and a legit redzone target.


Considering the lambasting the core took for most of the year, having Bess and Hartline close to putting in 1,000+ yard seasons with 5 games to go says a lot more than most give them credit for. When was the last time that ever happened where we had two? That goes all the way back to the Marks Brothers days (not attempting to draw direct talent correlation). Yet, why are you putting the TD's all on their shoulders? You've seen how the offense works when the run game is clicking. You think every read Tanny has made while in the red zone this year has been perfect and it's all the receivers faults? Not quite. The blame for that goes around to a lot more than just those two. Players like Charles Clay were being counted on to adjust to the system a lot quicker in order to create more favorable coverages. Tanny himself has had to learn to adjust as defenses adjusted to him. Sherman himself has been quite mercurial in his play-calling, which has bogged down the offense at times. It's a process.

I'm not denying they need to go out and get another receiver, but even I can sit here and say these guys are playing a lot better than most thought they'd be ..... that's including myself. Just giving credit where credit is due. Those weren't two slouches Seattle trotted out there at DB and Davone Bess had a monster game. You can't sit there and harp on Hartline as if both guys need to have 100+ yards because the offense has to take advantage of the coverage. Bess and Clay took the torch on Sunday.


What I agree that Tannehill isn't turning water into wine here, a lot of the credit for Hartline and Bess having career years falls on him and the receiver friendly system we have now. But all the numbers in the world can't mask that we need more quality receivers. I'm not saying Hartline and Bess aren't good, they are very good at their respective roles. Hartline is a quality possession receiver. Bess is a quality slot receiver. But what we have right now is a situation where Tannehill only has two legitimate, consistent, sure handed targets to throw to. That isn't good. We still need a speedster to stretch the field and open up the deep passing game. We also still need a big redzone target for Tannehill to throw to the corners of the endzone and create a physical mismatch. I'm not arguing that we don't have any good receivers. I'm arguing that we have two good receivers and we need two more.


Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:16 pm
Profile
Online
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5962
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Quote:
Our widereceiver core consists of two guys, Hartline and Bess, and they've got a whopping two touchdowns this year between them. Of the two, Bess was the only one that really had an impact on Sunday. It would have been an even bigger one had he not fallen down on that big play. Hartline dissappeared after the 1st quarter and finished with only a couple of catches. What bouyed the passing game yesterday was the spark we got off the bench from Charles Clay. When Clay plays up to his potential he adds a new dimension to this offense. Having a versatile guy like Clay who can switch between FB and TE with ease really gives Tannehill the ability to change things up at the line and find favorable matchups. Make no mistake about it, this team needs help at WR. We still lack a speedster and a legit redzone target.


Kloiber wins best post again. On the money!


Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:55 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8606
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
lol yes I know, but it is similar to the problem he has with Rich's post. It is how you read it.

I have no issues with Rich's post. He made a comment & I ask a simple question based on the comment, for the advancment of my knowledge. I'm left to wonder why my question was so difficult to answer, because that question opened up something.


Weren't you both going back and forth on this in the chat room Sunday?

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:19 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8949
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
I wish I would have popped some corn before beginning to read this thread. Another classic showdown between Rich and Scott. Thanks guys, it was great!


Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:29 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20888
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Dphins4me wrote:
you call people stupid


Where?

And even if I did, why would you be in any position to be bent out of shape over it seeing as how you insulted me twice in this thread?

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:14 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5940
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Trying? Huh.

I'm just glad I'm not in a "back and forth" with anyone. lol It's all good guys, the Fins won! Let's pop some brews and celebrate.


Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:34 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5543
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
wkloiber13 wrote:
What I agree that Tannehill isn't turning water into wine here, a lot of the credit for Hartline and Bess having career years falls on him and the receiver friendly system we have now. But all the numbers in the world can't mask that we need more quality receivers. I'm not saying Hartline and Bess aren't good, they are very good at their respective roles. Hartline is a quality possession receiver. Bess is a quality slot receiver. But what we have right now is a situation where Tannehill only has two legitimate, consistent, sure handed targets to throw to. That isn't good. We still need a speedster to stretch the field and open up the deep passing game. We also still need a big redzone target for Tannehill to throw to the corners of the endzone and create a physical mismatch. I'm not arguing that we don't have any good receivers. I'm arguing that we have two good receivers and we need two more.


Some good points here. A big, over the middle threat and a legit speedster would do wonders not just for options but for what Hartline and Bess can build on. With Marshall, Hartline could be both possession and deep threat, and Bess had a lot of room to operate.

The key here is getting guys who understand this is a unit, not a one man show. Can't have a diva who wants every pass thrown his way or we run into the same problems as before.

This offense has the potential to be explosive.


Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:49 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8949
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Makchell wrote:

I'm just glad I'm not in a "back and forth" with anyone.

Quit calling my opinion stupid Mak!!!!

There, now we can go back and forth for three pages at least!!


Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:38 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3840
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Phin wrote:
I wish I would have popped some corn before beginning to read this thread. Another classic showdown between Rich and Scott. Thanks guys, it was great!


Entertaining or exhausting? I'm still trying to figure that out.


Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:48 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8949
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
IamPZ wrote:
Phin wrote:
I wish I would have popped some corn before beginning to read this thread. Another classic showdown between Rich and Scott. Thanks guys, it was great!


Entertaining or exhausting? I'm still trying to figure that out.

Ditto


Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:14 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Sailor, swerve13, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.