View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 What th Dolphins can accomplish in the last three games 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post What th Dolphins can accomplish in the last three games
Quote:

1. Tannehill can avoid a few ignominious stats: ...

His passer rating is 72.5, ranked 33rd in the 32-team NFL. But rookie QBs often have low ratings. More alarming is that Tannehill has thrown only eight touchdown passes compared to 20 by Russell Wilson, 18 each by Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III and 13 by Brandon Weeden — all rookies, too.

Among all quarterbacks who have started at least 10 games (Tannehill has started 13), no one has thrown fewer than Tannehill’s eight touchdowns.

He also could set a franchise low for touchdown passes: David Woodley had 12 in 15 starts in 1981, and Bob Griese had 12 in 14 starts in 1970.

2. Impending free agents can make a final push for a contract:

“It’ll be interesting to see from a personal experience if I’m going to enjoy watching this team get better and get onto a better situation, or I might find myself in another offense,” Hartline said.

He is one of several key players set to hit free agency, including Jake Long, Reggie Bush, Sean Smith, Anthony Fasano and Randy Starks. And if you think they aren’t thinking about it, guess again.

3. Jonathan Martin can makes a push for left tackle job: ...

4. Young players can prove they’re ready for bigger roles next season:

5. Philbin can inspire confidence for the future: ...

Philbin said gaining “momentum” into the offseason with a few wins down the stretch can be overrated given that the team likely will look much different next year. But, he added, “I always think it’s probably better to have it.”

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sport ... ast/nTXXN/

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:59 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: What th Dolphins can accomplish in the last three games
Philbin's comments ring very true. I think this team is in for a major facelift next year. We have a lot of draft picks and a lot of $$$ in free agency. I think we're going to be aggressive in trying to put a good offensive line and a good group of receivers around Tannehill going into next season. The defensive secondary will also probably get some serious attention as well.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]