View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:12 pm



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3 
Author Message
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
It seems that we've had problems getting turnovers for a long time now.

Barry Jackson wrote:
### The Dolphins have forced only one turnover in the past six games (a Reshad Jones interception), and Coyle said: “It’s hard to figure. We’ve created 17 turnovers and only gotten three of them. It’s hard to pinpoint the reason why, because it seems we’re right there.”


Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

_________________
Phinfever Facebook

Image


Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Image


Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2625
Location: MA.
Post Re: Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
Big Dave wrote:
It seems that we've had problems getting turnovers for a long time now.

Barry Jackson wrote:
### The Dolphins have forced only one turnover in the past six games (a Reshad Jones interception), and Coyle said: “It’s hard to figure. We’ve created 17 turnovers and only gotten three of them. It’s hard to pinpoint the reason why, because it seems we’re right there.”


Playing with a lead changes that...Of course we are not playing with many leads


Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:04 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1191
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Post Re: Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
Only recovering 3 of 17 possible turnovers is the reason why Miami is -11 turnovers as a team through 13 games.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:18 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5047
Post Re: Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
I was pointing this out last week. We were in the top ten in the NFL in forced fumbles. We were also in the top five in sacks. But somehow we're 30th in fumble recoveries??? It's just plain bad luck I think (ball doesn't bounce our way). I hope it's not a lack of us working on basic fumble recovery drills.


Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:02 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3842
Post Re: Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
Miami never goes for the ball. Watch team after team punch the ball when tackling or when they are about the sack the Qb.


Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:19 pm
Profile
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5354
Post Re: Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
voodoo pins. Someone pissed off some little jamaican witch


Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:43 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3070
Post Re: Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
Dphins4me wrote:
Miami never goes for the ball. Watch team after team punch the ball when tackling or when they are about the sack the Qb.



So we are top 10 in forced fumbles but we don't go after the ball enough?


Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:11 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2625
Location: MA.
Post Re: Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
AQNOR wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Miami never goes for the ball. Watch team after team punch the ball when tackling or when they are about the sack the Qb.



So we are top 10 in forced fumbles but we don't go after the ball enough?


Funny story about that!


Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:28 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3842
Post Re: Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
AQNOR wrote:

So we are top 10 in forced fumbles but we don't go after the ball enough?
Top ten? Stats show Miami at No. 14, tied with Minn, unless I'm looking at this wrong.. That leaves them two fumbles away from being 12th or 20th.

Team Defense Stats

However, no Miami does not go after the ball in the manner which I was referring to.

Plus my comment was also speaking part historically. Miami historically has not been a team that forced many fumbles.


Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:33 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3070
Post Re: Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

So we are top 10 in forced fumbles but we don't go after the ball enough?
Top ten? Stats show Miami at No. 14, tied with Minn, unless I'm looking at this wrong.. That leaves them two fumbles away from being 12th or 20th.

Team Defense Stats

However, no Miami does not go after the ball in the manner which I was referring to.

Plus my comment was also speaking part historically. Miami historically has not been a team that forced many fumbles.



Mea culpa

My apologies I trusted another posters statement without checking it for myself. Lesson learned. Hopefully. : )

I don't know Miami's turnover history as well as you indicate that you do.


Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:05 am
Profile
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5124
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
AQNOR wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

So we are top 10 in forced fumbles but we don't go after the ball enough?
Top ten? Stats show Miami at No. 14, tied with Minn, unless I'm looking at this wrong.. That leaves them two fumbles away from being 12th or 20th.

Team Defense Stats

However, no Miami does not go after the ball in the manner which I was referring to.

Plus my comment was also speaking part historically. Miami historically has not been a team that forced many fumbles.



Mea culpa

My apologies I trusted another posters statement without checking it for myself. Lesson learned. Hopefully. : )

I don't know Miami's turnover history as well as you indicate that you do.



well have you watched us play that last 5 years? Would you say we get alot of takeaways?
It's a big part of our non-success.


Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3842
Post Re: Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
AQNOR wrote:

Mea culpa

My apologies I trusted another posters statement without checking it for myself. Lesson learned. Hopefully.
Not a big deal at all. & frankly was surprised they are 14th. If ask I would have said in the 20s somewhere.

Where is Kev1321 now with a comment that adds nothing to the thread? :runwiththeball:

AQNOR wrote:
I don't know Miami's turnover history as well as you indicate that you do.

I just do not see many of the hits on the ball with the hand as I do with other teams. Our QBs get stripped on sacks, but not often do they stripped the other teams QB. Watched Wake the other week going in a sack. Ball was there for the taking & he put a solid hit & wrapped the QB up.


Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:56 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3070
Post Re: Dolphins defense has created 17 turnovers but only got 3
swerve13 wrote:


well have you watched us play that last 5 years? Would you say we get alot of takeaways?
It's a big part of our non-success.


In the last 5 years I have not been able to see as many games as I would have liked. The last 4 years maybe 2 or less on national tv, I was living in WY. Maybe 1 or 2 more per year on very erratic and choppy internet viewing. Time difference and my Sunday's schedule is usually very full.

If that was supposed to be a jibe at my ability to observe what is happening in a game I hope it gave you the pleasure of the put down you were trying for. If not my apologies for being overly sensitive.

This was not originally about takeaways but about forced fumbles this year.

I was not aware in his original post he was talking about the last 5 years.

Since I was surprised this year we had 17 forced fumbles but only 3 recoveries I would not have been surprised if other years might have been similar.

There have been times this year when I thought that our guys were trying to rip the ball out instead of make a tackle while the runner kept going forward. So I thought our aggressiveness was there Dolphins4me does not think so. I think the stats are on his side.

I certainly agree we need more takeaways and we need to be on the positive side of the trunover margin. More like 2008 than this year.


Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MiamiSteve, Rock Sexton, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.