View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Joe Philbin: Free agency on the table 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Joe Philbin: Free agency on the table
Quote:
There is a false narrative in the Dolfan community that because coach Joe Philbin came from the Green Bay Packers, he wants the Dolphins run like the Green Bay Packers, particularly when it comes to building the team.

The idea is that because Green Bay rarely dips toes in free agency, with few exceptions, Philbin wants the same in Miami.

That is not true.

"I'm not opposed to improving the football team in any way shape or form, by any method we can -- whether that's a trade whether that's free agency, draft obviously," Philbin said Monday in his end-of-season press conference. "I'm not opposed to any of that."

Philbin says player acquisition is a "collaborative" effort that includes general manager Jeff Ireland and his staff and Philbin and his staff. So free agency is on the table.

Among the things Philbin wants to improve is himself.

"I definitely need to improve like anybody else, no question about it," he said.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Joe Philbin: Free agency on the table
Impending free agent Reggie Bush told reporters after Sunday's Week 17 loss that he wants to re-sign with the Dolphins.
Fellow impending UFA Sean Smith said the same. "It has been a pleasure to play here," said Bush, who turns 28 in March. "I still feel there's unfinished business. Hopefully, I'll be back." Bush would probably have to accept a pay cut in order to be re-signed. He played the 2012 season for $5 million

-Palm Beach Post

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He only says that because Jennings and potentially Finley might become available.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

both Smith and Bush have both stated their desire to return to Miami.
I thought players didn't want to come to Miami? I though they didn't like Ross and Ireland? hmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
"It has been a pleasure to play here," said Bush, who turns 28 in March. "I still feel there's unfinished business. Hopefully, I'll be back."

I don't think this is lip service... And admire the attitude of Reggie Bush

If only Jake Long would step up to the plate and take the franchise 1st attitude that it deserves from him.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:23 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It's all about money guys.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:41 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
It's all about money guys.

Not always.

Within reason..And i feel Jake Long owes a little to the team.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:01 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

wkloiber13 wrote:
He only says that because Jennings and potentially Finley might become available.

Forgot about Jermichael. That would be an interesting addition albeit unspectacular. How many injuries has the guy had in the last few years?

That is the thing with the FA TEs, they all seem to have had injury issues in the last few years.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Impending free agent Brian Hartline said after Sunday's regular season finale loss to New England that he wants to return to the Dolphins in 2013.
Hartline also "made it clear" that he's happy with the relationship he and rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill formed. The 26-year-old receiver set career-highs in catches (74) and yards (1,083) but only found the end zone once. With Miami set to have upwards of $46 million in cap space this offseason, Hartline will be looking to pocket some of it. The Fins will be in a world of trouble if he enters as the No. 1 receiver again next year, though.

-Rotoworld

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:55 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I feel no need to read between the lines and assume why people say things in the media. I seem to think everything we read these player/coaches/gm's saying is only 50% true...

I like Philbins outlook on things, fill needs however and wherever you can, no sense limiting yourself to a certain style.. GB is an established franchise, has been for years. Makes it easy to continue to tweak through the draft.. This team, not so much.

And I hope to see Hartline, Bush and Smith back next year. I think Hartline should be priority 1 tho, the chemistry he has built with Tanne is worth some value.
Seems they are getting Reggie more comfortable in the passing game, I think giving him a 5 year contract for a reasonable amount would be wise.

Smith is good but not great, could probably replace him however we have other needs at that position, so I think trying to lock him in wouldn't be bad.

If we let an of them walk we have to account for their production. Hartline and Bush are hard to match, even without the big TD numbers. They account for a big % of our offensive yards.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
Quote:
"It has been a pleasure to play here," said Bush, who turns 28 in March. "I still feel there's unfinished business. Hopefully, I'll be back."

I don't think this is lip service... And admire the attitude of Reggie Bush

If only Jake Long would step up to the plate and take the franchise 1st attitude that it deserves from him.

That is exactly what I am thinking, why can't more players have a team 1st mindset? It drives me insane how selfish they can be, you also have to take their agents into consideration.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
That is exactly what I am thinking, why can't more players have a team 1st mindset? It drives me insane how selfish they can be, you also have to take their agents into consideration.

1) because the shelf Life of an NFL player is very short and they only have a short window to make money and to win championships.
2) because there is no NFL team that is good to its players. It's a rough profession. That's part of life as a player

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]