View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Will Pat White make the 2010 Dolphins roster? 

Yes 80%  80%  [ 16 ]
No 20%  20%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 20

Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Will Pat White make the 2010 Dolphins roster?
Yep, another Pat White thread .... but Armando started it;)

Quote:
Dolphins beat writer Armando Salguero believes that Pat White's roster spot will be in danger this offseason.

White, who's fallen to No. 4 on the Fins' depth chart, didn't exhibit NFL-caliber passing or running ability in his first season. According to Salguero, the 2009 No. 44 overall pick may need "a giant leap" just to make the club.

www.rotoworld.com

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:12 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Will Pat White make the 2010 Dolphins roster?
i do not think that the trifecta is ready yet to admit that they screwed up big time.They may try to trade him but i doubt there is much value in that,he probably gets one more development year?

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:28 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

He will get another year on the roster because they aren't willing yet to admit they made a mistake drafting him so early. I think you will see him at another position though; no way to you see four qbs on the roster nor do I see them getting rid of Thigpen or Pennington unless someone gives them an offer they can't refuse.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:49 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

He'll be involved somehow. Hopefully we move on this off season and try to convert him to a different position.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:05 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I voted no... because he doesn't deserve to make the 53 man... I don't care if he was drafted on the 2nd round or 1st.

He's to small to play QB and not too fast to adapt to any other position. If we cut Thigpen to stick with White, I'll be pissed.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:30 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Depending on what he shows in pre-season I expect White to land on the IR with some type of injury. This will give him a full year to gain weight & work on his throwing or allow him to work on becoming a Wr.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:48 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Dphins4me wrote:
Depending on what he shows in pre-season I expect White to land on the IR with some type of injury. This will give him a full year to gain weight & work on his throwing or allow him to work on becoming a Wr.

Wow... that's sad.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dan wrote:

Wow... that's sad.
Yes, it is & why I did not want Miami to draft him. Never saw him as a QB in the NFL. I think the Pats bluffed & Miami being Miami jumped the gun on him being afraid the Pats would draft him at the bottom of Rd. 2.

There was to much talent out there for Miami to blow a No. 2 on a project. It would have been different if White would have been 6'4 & 240 QB.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:22 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

No way he makes it. We don't need another project guy. We need to improve special teams and our receivers not to mention linebackers and safeties. I don't see the need to keep him or move him if he can't play any of those positions previously mentioned. Cut White, live with the mistake and move on.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

finfan808 wrote:
No way he makes it. I don't see the need to keep him or move him if he can't play any of those positions previously mentioned.

So what you're saying is that you know that Pat White cannot play any position?

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:23 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Iowafin wrote:
finfan808 wrote:
No way he makes it. I don't see the need to keep him or move him if he can't play any of those positions previously mentioned.

I know I didn't type that but yes... I personally think Pat White is in no man's land... in other words, I don't see any position where he can fit (specially when he thinks he's a QB). He needs to bulk up to at least give it a try.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
finfan808 wrote:

I know I didn't type that but yes... I personally think Pat White is in no man's land... in other words, I don't see any position where he can fit (specially when he thinks he's a QB). He needs to bulk up to at least give it a try.

Again with the sizes.

Wes Welker, Antwaan Randle El, Darren Sproles, Warrick Dunn, Dedric Ward, etc. are all smaller than White and they did/are doing just fine.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:52 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

iowa, so you are saying you know he can even tho' he has only played QB from college on?

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dan wrote:
I voted no... because he doesn't deserve to make the 53 man... I don't care if he was drafted on the 2nd round or 1st.

The question wasn't 'does he deserve to make the roster", it was "Will Pat White make the 2010 Dolphins roster?"

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I voted yes, because I dont think he has a very high trade stock I dont believe there will be to many other teams chomping at the bit to get Pat White.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:48 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I think he'll be on the team no question. Has a lot of talent, just has to get used to the speed of the game. Kid played limited time in one season in the NFL... give him some time to get used to the speed of the game and we'll see some magic happen.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:03 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Look at the positions they put him in. They did not scribe passes for him, or his reads dictated that he go out of them. What they wanted to see was his quickness, because that's all they called for him. We saw flashes of it, but before you think they didn't have a plan or he didn't 'fit', Henne was groomed with very limited action his rookie season, and that decision helped him tremendously.
They drafted this kid for a purpose, and it appeared last season was merely a dip into the waters, not full immersion. I for one am not ready to say the kid can't play QB without seeing him throw the ball. He threw a TON at WV (psssst: you don't finish college with more than 6000 yards passing and 56 TD passes if you're not throwing the football; I know a lot was made of his prowess in the open field <rightly so with 4000+ yards rushing and 47 TDs>, but for example the kid's last game in college was an aerial show- 26 of 32 attempts/332 and 3 TDs.).

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:33 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

pawfectgent wrote:
Look at the positions they put him in. They did not scribe passes for him, or his reads dictated that he go out of them. What they wanted to see was his quickness, because that's all they called for him. We saw flashes of it, but before you think they didn't have a plan or he didn't 'fit', Henne was groomed with very limited action his rookie season, and that decision helped him tremendously.
They drafted this kid for a purpose, and it appeared last season was merely a dip into the waters, not full immersion. I for one am not ready to say the kid can't play QB without seeing him throw the ball. He threw a TON at WV (psssst: you don't finish college with more than 6000 yards passing and 56 TD passes if you're not throwing the football; I know a lot was made of his prowess in the open field <rightly so with 4000+ yards rushing and 47 TDs>, but for example the kid's last game in college was an aerial show- 26 of 32 attempts/332 and 3 TDs.).
Great point, I guess we just have to wait and see what he does this season, and see what the coaching staff scripts for him. I guess I should give him a chance the same way I've been waiting on Ginn and others. Pat White does deserve a shot, and I hope he shines.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hallphin wrote:
iowa, so you are saying you know he can even tho' he has only played QB from college on?

Definitely not saying I know he can...just saying that the possibility is not as absurd as some think it to be. I'll keep pointing to guys like Antwaan Randle El. Could he fail? Certainly...but he's not a QB, and I figured this regime knew that when they drafted him...if you're going to use this 2nd rounder, utilize him. "Traditional" QB is not it...and even the Wildcat is not it.

I think his best shot will be as a slot receiver...sometimes he'll come in and be a decoy. Sometimes he'll go in and catch a screen pass (Jailbreak, bubble, delay), sometimes he'll motion across and take a handoff and run a reverse, or a straight jet run, or even throw it ala Randle El. I mean, someone with speed that can throw it can be utilized. Miami did not do it last year.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He probably won't be in the league after 2010.....but the Dolphins are gonna' keep him this year because they are ashamed to admit another personnel failure.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:31 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
He probably won't be in the league after 2010.....but the Dolphins are gonna' keep him this year because they are ashamed to admit another personnel failure.

Since when is Bill Parcells afraid to admit a mistake and move on?

I don't think that his 2nd round pick value will have anything to do with whether he makes or does not make the squad.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Since when is Bill Parcells afraid to admit a mistake and move on?

I don't think that his 2nd round pick value will have anything to do with whether he makes or does not make the squad.

Yeah...Wilford played terrible...gone.
Wilson played terrible...gone.
Ayodele played terrible...gone.

I don't know why you would think they are ashamed of admitting a personnel failure.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]