View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 2013 secondary 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post 2013 secondary
Quote:
The Dolphins "see a potential future" for CB Dimitri Patterson with the team.
Patterson was claimed off waivers from the Browns in Week 16 and played in all 73 snaps on defense that week. However, he's due a prohibitive $4.5 million in 2013 and will likely have to take a pay cut to return. Sean Smith is an impending free agent, and Richard Marshall has been named as a possible release candidate.

Quote:
The Dolphins have expressed interest in re-signing impending free agent FS Chris Clemons.
Clemons, 27, started all 16 games in 2012 for the first time in his career, racking up a career-high 99 tackles. Miami has also looked into locking up Clemons' safety counterpart, Reshad Jones, to a long-term deal. The Dolphins have over $45 million in cap space this offseason.

- Miami Herald

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:02 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: 2013 secondary
I'd love to see them draft Xavier Rhodes of FSU. Big corner who has the speed and coordination to cover, unlike our second round pic of 2009

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Green Bay always seems to find playmaking corners late in the draft. That's how we need to get.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:08 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

TommyNoleFin wrote:
I'd love to see them draft Xavier Rhodes of FSU. Big corner who has the speed and coordination to cover, unlike our second round pic of 2009

Rhodes will be lucky to play CB in the NFL. I think he's a safety.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:46 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:

Rhodes will be lucky to play CB in the NFL. I think he's a safety.

WOW. You really did not type that just now, DID YOU.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:49 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- In the locker room, players were calling him the "Patriot Killer."

He's also one of the biggest reasons the Baltimore Ravens are going to the Super Bowl. Defensive back Bernard Pollard's helmet-to-helmet strike of Stevan Ridley made the New England Patriots running back go limp as he coughed up a critical fourth quarter fumble.

The hit was the fourth time since 2008 that a Pollard tackle injured a Patriots offensive player.

It all started with a hit (while with the Kansas City Chiefs) that injured Tom Brady's knee and forced him to miss almost a full season. Patriots receiver Wes Welker tore an anterior cruciate ligament on a Pollard tackle in the final game of the 2009 season, and tight end Rob Gronkowski sprained his ankle during a hit by Pollard in last year's AFC Championship.

Can we please do whatever it takes to get Pollard. 1st round pick, I don't care!

Could you image the damage he could do playing them twice a year.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:10 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

haha! I was just thinking how Pollard is my hero being the Patriot killer that he is.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

TommyNoleFin wrote:

Quote:
Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench believes there are enough concerns with FSU CB Xavier Rhodes to "to drop him into the late Day 2/early Day 3 range."
Muench lists three main issues with Rhodes' game, first writing "like a lot of taller corners, he doesn’t sink his hips and transition out of breaks as well as elite cover corners. Secondly, Rhodes’ instincts and discipline are just average. He can gamble and he lacks the second gear to consistently recover when he gets caught out of position. Third, he’s had some problems staying healthy." We think Rhodes has a legitimate chance to be a top-25 pick.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:11 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:

Quote:
Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench believes there are enough concerns with FSU CB Xavier Rhodes to "to drop him into the late Day 2/early Day 3 range."
Muench lists three main issues with Rhodes' game, first writing "like a lot of taller corners, he doesn’t sink his hips and transition out of breaks as well as elite cover corners. Secondly, Rhodes’ instincts and discipline are just average. He can gamble and he lacks the second gear to consistently recover when he gets caught out of position. Third, he’s had some problems staying healthy." We think Rhodes has a legitimate chance to be a top-25 pick.

Somebody is always going to have something negative to say. Like the quote ended, top 25 pick. At the latest, 2nd round.

Big, tall cornerbacks with ball skills are hard to find.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I just never see him Mocked anywhere near the top 15. Most mocks have him at 31 or 32 or into the 2nd round. Some have Trufant passing by him now.

It seems as of now it goes Milliner, Banks, Trufant and then Rhodes.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:42 am

swerve13 wrote:
I just never see him Mocked anywhere near the top 15. Most mocks have him at 31 or 32 or into the 2nd round. Some have Trufant passing by him now.

Mocks at this time back in 2008 also had Andre Woodson going ahead of Matt Ryan.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Mocks at this time back in 2008 also had Andre Woodson going ahead of Matt Ryan.

OK

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TommyNoleFin wrote:

If he's there in the late 2nd round I'd love to see the Dolphins get him. Same goes for David Amerson from NC State. He's my favorite CB in this years draft. I think he's very similar to Sean Smith coming out of college, but with much better ballskills.

I'd love to see the Dolphins draft Rhodes or Amerson in the 2nd. Then draft Bacarri Rambo (S) and Tyrann Mathieu (CB) in the 3rd. Add those three guys, re-work Patterson's contract, release Marshall, invite a few rookies to camp as undrafted free agents, and I think we'd be much improved going into next season.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:28 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

wkloiber13 wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:

If he's there in the late 2nd round I'd love to see the Dolphins get him. Same goes for David Amerson from NC State. He's my favorite CB in this years draft. I think he's very similar to Sean Smith coming out of college, but with much better ballskills.

I'd love to see the Dolphins draft Rhodes or Amerson in the 2nd. Then draft Bacarri Rambo (S) and Tyrann Mathieu (CB) in the 3rd. Add those three guys, re-work Patterson's contract, release Marshall, invite a few rookies to camp as undrafted free agents, and I think we'd be much improved going into next season.

Love Bacarri Rambo. As big as Kenny Vacarro and makes more plays as 16 INT to 5 INT would indicate. Going to have to check him thoroughly as he tested positive twice at Georgia in regards to drug testing.

I prefer Xavier over Amerson. David had the big junior year with 13 INT. He came back last year and REALLY struggled. I remember the 1st game of the year and Tennessee and Cordelle Patterson went right at him and burned him multiple times.

I've seen Rhodes play many times as I am a big FSU fan. Kid is 6'2, 217 lbs and was a former WR coming out of high school. Kid will come up and hit, is physical in man coverage. And while Rhodes is not a burner, I think he will run in the 4.4-4.5 range at the combine.

Another CB I like in the 3rd round is Blidi Wreh-Wilson of Connecticut. Dane Brugler of NFLDraftScout.com has Rhodes going 13th to the Tampa Bay in his 2/11 mock.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:

I'm hearing that teams think that Amerson should be converted to a free safety. He had a down year this year.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]