View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Kansas City negotiating with Dwayne Bowe 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Kansas City negotiating with Dwayne Bowe
Looks like KC wants to bring Bowe back. He was possibly a potential target for Miami in free agency. This is from Rotoworld.com.

Appearing on Total Access, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported the Chiefs are actively pursuing a long-term deal with free agent Dwayne Bowe.
The two sides have already met, and Rapoport expects talks to continue in the coming weeks. Coach Andy Reid was said to be very high on Bowe when he came out of LSU and ended up being the No. 23 overall pick in the 2007 draft. When the 2012 season was winding down, the Kansas City Star said the Chiefs were not expected to offer Bowe a long-term deal, but since then the regime has changed. There's no reason to think Bowe can't get Vincent Jackson money -- five years and $55 million with $26 million guaranteed. Bowe checks in as our own Evan Silva's No. 2 overall free agent behind Paul Kruger.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Kansas City negotiating with Dwayne Bowe
It would make sense that Reid might want to hang onto this guy. But I hope he makes it to free agency.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

It was also said that KC is exploring a deal for Nick Foles. Makes all the sense in the world that you want to lock up the guy who could be a consistent target for a developing, young QB.

I actually like Foles' potential and wouldn't have had an issue with Miami drafting him to groom behind Moore. Andy Reid could get him for a mid round pick and beef up the o-line and weapons around the kid to give him a shot to succeed. Bowe is a key element for that.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Even if management isn't interested in him, I hope he makes it to FA.
The more options available, the better our chances of getting the guy we want

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:42 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

jammer wrote:
It was also said that KC is exploring a deal for Nick Foles. Makes all the sense in the world that you want to lock up the guy who could be a consistent target for a developing, young QB.

Yeah, but does Bowe actually want to be part of a rebuilding process? If he only cares about money, then fine, he should stay in KC. But if he wants to win in his prime...

I'm not even sure I would call the situation in KC a rebuilding. But a 2-14 team surely has a lot of issues.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

StereoMike wrote:
Yeah, but does Bowe actually want to be part of a rebuilding process? If he only cares about money, then fine, he should stay in KC. But if he wants to win in his prime...

I'm not even sure I would call the situation in KC a rebuilding. But a 2-14 team surely has a lot of issues.

The team wasn't lacking talent. It was lacking a competent coaching staff and a QB.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:46 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
StereoMike wrote:

The team wasn't lacking talent. It was lacking a competent coaching staff and a QB.

Right. I think Foles has a much higher ceiling than Cassel or Quinn. Doesn't mean I think he's a future Pro Bowler but I bet he could be a decent starter.

If KC adds a good vertical threat and some o-line help it would allow Bowe to be a playmaker over the middle. Personally, I'd still rather see Miami go after Wallace and/or Jennings if Bowe makes it to FA.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:52 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I just saw on Rotoworld that Philly supposedly wants a 1st or 2nd round pick for Foles. He looked decent at times last year, but he is far from a proven commodity.

We will see if Andy Reid wants to give that up to get Foles to KC.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
I just saw on Rotoworld that Philly supposedly wants a 1st or 2nd round pick for Foles. He looked decent at times last year, but he is far from a proven commodity.

Philly will eventually trade him to KC. It doesn't take much to figure out that Foles is not a Chip Kelly QB. It makes complete sense for both sides IMO.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:28 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Rock Sexton wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Philly will eventually trade him to KC. It doesn't take much to figure out that Foles is not a Chip Kelly QB. It makes complete sense for both sides IMO.

No doubt it could. Andy Reid obviously is very familiar with Foles and he knows what he can and cannot do. He also know Philly will no budge from what they are asking.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:30 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

If Bowe doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding process why would he want to come here? But you have to think if he realizes he is on our radar he would definitely rather come here than stay there.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:38 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:
Bowe checks in as our own Evan Silva's No. 2 overall free agent behind Paul Kruger.

IMO Bowe is one of the most overrated WR in the NFL.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The new Chiefs are not stupid. They won't let their #1 receiver go when they might be drafting a new QB or bringing in a new free agent QB. Unlike another team we all know well :hithead:

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:39 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

bobby0112 wrote:
It would make sense that Reid might want to hang onto this guy.

I'm with you. It makes perfect sense for KC to keep Bowe. Bowe has to be intrigued with the offense that Reid put together at Philadelphia.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:23 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I would take this overrated WR in Miami as he would be a big upgrade from what we have, but I agree that KC will probably try all they can to resign him.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:10 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Finhead34 wrote:

I would take this overrated WR in Miami as he would be a big upgrade from what we have, but I agree that KC will probably try all they can to resign him.

I think Bowe is a top 20 receiver in the NFL. He's only considered over-rated because he is entering free agency. I'd love to have him in Miami. People complain about his drops, but Davone Bess had more drops than he did last year and he was targeted less than Bowe. My first two choices would be Wallace and Jennings.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:15 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
My first two choices would be Wallace and Jennings.

My choices would be Wallace, Bowe and then Jennings. I am really worried about Jennings durability. Jennings is 29, Bowe is 28 and Wallace is 26.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:16 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Bowe is an interesting player, while I'm not 100% sold on the guy (somewhat questionable hands), he's better than anything we currently have by a long shot. I was a big fan of us trading for him a year ago when there was speculation the Chiefs would unload him and we had that extra 3rd. It will be interesting to see what his asking price is and if we get involved. The guy is certainly a #1 target, more so in my opinion than Wallace or Jennings. But again, the guy has some question marks for a $10M receiver and that makes me a little hesitant.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]