View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 This is a good draft for us to have 5 picks in the top 3 rds 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Post This is a good draft for us to have 5 picks in the top 3 rds
Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said on the Rich Eisen Podcast that he believes the 2013 NFL Draft is as deep as it's ever been, but short on "explosive difference makers" at the top.
"I think we've got more depth for the first three rounds than maybe anytime you and I have ever done the draft," Mayock told Eisen. "But I'm not seeing the difference makers at the top end. Every year, we've had a quarterback or a Von Miller. I'm not seeing the explosive difference makers at the top end of this draft and I'm not sure that the fifth pick is that much better than the 20th pick. Or the 30th pick. The good news is I think there's a lot of depth here. And there are a lot of really good football players."

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: This is a good draft for us to have 5 picks in the top 3 rds
....but Ireland is making those picks.....

Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:28 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This is the year that Ireland has to have a successful draft. I think he must find a minimum of 3 starters in this draft. With all the extra draft picks and holes in the roster 3 starters is not an unreasonable goal/expectation. This is the year Miami can make a huge step forward toward becoming a playoff team. CB, TE, O-line, DE & WR are huge needs as they head into free agency.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

bobby0112 wrote:
This is the year that Ireland has to have a successful draft. I think he must find a minimum of 3 starters in this draft. With all the extra draft picks and holes in the roster 3 starters is not an unreasonable goal/expectation. This is the year Miami can make a huge step forward toward becoming a playoff team. CB, TE, O-line, DE & WR are huge needs as they head into free agency.

If Ireland hits on three draft picks, and hits on two free agents, then this team will take a nice step forward. While that won't be easy, it isn't completely unrealistic. Imagine if we hit on a receiver, a defensive back, and an offensive lineman in the draft. Then hit on a receiver and defensive back in free agency. We'd be primed to compete for the playoffs this year. Of course how far we go ultimately boils down to what Tannehill does in his second year. But if Tannehill plays well then I don't see a reason for us not to be successful under that scenario.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:48 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

There is no question that Jeff Ireland job will be on the line with this free agency period and draft. With all that Miami has at their disposal, he has to hit a homerun.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

If there is only 2 playmakers in the first round. I want them BOTH. I don't care if we have to trade all 5 of our rounds 1-3 picks to get those 2 guys. Drafting solid lunch pale guys has gotten us a bunch of foundation and mediocrity. It's time we add stars. That's how we take the next step.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:10 am

start off with Patterson, Ansah or Vaccaro at pick 12 and you've nailed down one stud player. Odds are we'll get a couple more but this team has starting positions to fill so we can't trade too much. These are already high picks we have. This is why we moved Marshall and Vontae Davis. Time to add Philbin's own guys.

need to come away with a WR, 2 CB's, a TE, a DE and maybe an OT in the first 4 rounds.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]