View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 GroundHogs Day! 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post GroundHogs Day!
Got this from another Blog.....

"This is setting up just like the Peyton Manning drama.  Even before Manning was released by the Colts, Adam Schefter of ESPN was saying that the Dolphins were the frontrunner.  We know how that one turned out, don’t we?  Manning barely agreed to meet with Jeff Ireland and Stephen Ross.  Well today, Adam Schefter said that the Dolphins are ‘the team to beat’ for signing Mike Wallace.  IT’S GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!!!!"

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:02 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: GroundHogs Day!
Oh c'mon man!

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:54 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

IamPZ wrote:
Oh c'mon man!

I'm just saying....I wish we would of taken the "we're not interested approach" this time due to our history of rejection!

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

You maybe right McDolfan...........there's going to be a lot of interest in Wallace, you can only put so much into what these talking heads say.

There are of course a lot of differences between Wallace and Manning. Manning didn't want to go to a team rebuilding. Plus the Broncos ponied up a ton of $$.

This time we have enough to bring in Wallace, $$ + a promising young QB with a pass oriented offensive. I feel much better about Wallace than I did Manning.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:12 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

shularino wrote:
You maybe right McDolfan...........there's going to be a lot of interest in Wallace, you can only put so much into what these talking heads say.

There are of course a lot of differences between Wallace and Manning. Manning didn't want to go to a team rebuilding. Plus the Broncos ponied up a ton of $$.

This time we have enough to bring in Wallace, $$ + a promising young QB with a pass oriented offensive. I feel much better about Wallace than I did Manning.

I'm just nervous about a bidding war between the Vikings, Patriots, Browns etc and end up left at the alter.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:34 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Huge difference between Wallace and Manning. Wallace can be a nice player while Manning is a franchise maker bringing respectability to wherever he decided to sign , in this case it was Denver.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MdDolfan wrote:
shularino wrote:

I'm just nervous about a bidding war between the Vikings, Patriots, Browns etc and end up left at the alter.

I hear you, the $12M/yr figure has been thrown around, that figure may balloon beyond that. I expect the Pat's interest is mild, expectations are they resign Welker. That means they'll have a bunch of $$ already tied up in Welker and Gronkowski. So that leaves the Phins, Vikings and Browns. Remember, Florida doesn't have an individual income tax (on a $12M contract that can mean an extra mil) and Tannehill/Philbin just seem like a better match than the other two.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]