Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:08 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4755
Quote:
...

Prospective free agent cornerback Sean Smith isn't a certainty to leave, a league source tells The Herald's Adam Beasley. And prospective free agent left tackle Jake Long isn't a certainty to leave, a league source tells me.

...

Agent David Canter, who represents Smith, is said to be negotiating with multiple teams. And as the last time Canter was juggling teams his client Paul Soliai picked a return to the Dolphins for less money -- even as Canter had him set to get on a plane to visit another team

...

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5501
Location: Columbia, SC
In the end, I still think Sean is gone because he will go for the most money, and the Dolphins are not going to get close to what he wants.

Jake Long could be a different story all together. Sounds like we will know for sure or have a good idea of were things stand for these 2 tomorrow after 4:00.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:09 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11231
Location: Lancaster, PA
not so sure all the rumors of teams wanting Smith so badly were true. His market is softening up.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:42 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4755
Quote:
BenVolinPBP profile

BenVolinPBP Hearing from a source that #Dolphins are pretty set on moving Jonathan Martin to LT next season. Would mean they've moved on from Long


https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=BenVolinPBP


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24756
Location: Miami, FL
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
BenVolinPBP profile

BenVolinPBP Hearing from a source that #Dolphins are pretty set on moving Jonathan Martin to LT next season. Would mean they've moved on from Long


https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=BenVolinPBP


He better roid up like crazy...

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:45 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4755
Maybe Kobe Bryant would be willing to share the name of that doctor in Germany who "helped" him out and gave him a pair of fresh legs?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:56 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
That last minute CB purge killed Smith's chances of the contract he probably expected. I still think he signs with another team.

I don't see Long coming back and quite frankly I'm not sure Miami wants him back. Omar Kelly tweeted how Long, Bush, Dansby and Bess were kind of the leadership crew that thought they had some say with Philbin. Seems he wanted that group out and I have to wonder if Bess gets traded/cut too. I'd hate to see him go because he makes some great catches but its obvious that Ireland isn't afraid to be bold.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:59 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8225
I think Dansby's play and mouth showed Philbin that he is not a leader. It also sends a message to the locker that A. we want to win and B. no one is untouchable, anyone can be upgraded.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3287
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Makchell wrote:
I think Dansby's play and mouth showed Philbin that he is not a leader. It also sends a message to the locker that A. we want to win and B. no one is untouchable, anyone can be upgraded.


I'm fairly confident that Tannehill could get away with murder and still remain a Fin at this point in time. :)

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6500
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
...

Prospective free agent cornerback Sean Smith isn't a certainty to leave, a league source tells The Herald's Adam Beasley. And prospective free agent left tackle Jake Long isn't a certainty to leave, a league source tells me.

...

Agent David Canter, who represents Smith, is said to be negotiating with multiple teams. And as the last time Canter was juggling teams his client Paul Soliai picked a return to the Dolphins for less money -- even as Canter had him set to get on a plane to visit another team

.
The fact neither signed early IMO proves their asking price was to high.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4755
Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
BenVolinPBP profile

BenVolinPBP Hearing from a source that #Dolphins are pretty set on moving Jonathan Martin to LT next season. Would mean they've moved on from Long


https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=BenVolinPBP


He better roid up like crazy...


I wonder how much strength can a young, hopefully motivated, player gain in one off season?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24756
Location: Miami, FL
AQNOR wrote:
I wonder how much strength can a young, hopefully motivated, player gain in one off season?


It all depends on whether the roids are from some 2nd rate location or from Russia.

I hope there are some bear hormones involved as well. He'll have a really hairy back and his penis will shrink, but Tannehill will be upright. It's worth the price he'll have to pay.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4647
Location: MA.
No news is good news with Smith....The less interest he gets the more chance we have of bringing him back.

One less hole to fill.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Lakeland, FL
Kev1321 wrote:
No news is good news with Smith....The less interest he gets the more chance we have of bringing him back.

One less hole to fill.


It'd be sweet if both Smith & Long realized the Dolphins offers were fair

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:04 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
If we can get back Smith then we can draft a cb early, slide Marshall to the nickel spot for Almendola and the patriot tight ends and you can let go of Patterson and his big contract well big for his role so thats a huge possible move


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r