View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Harvin to the Seahawks 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Harvin to the Seahawks
From Rotoworld.....

Updating previous items, the Vikings have acquired the 25th overall pick, a 2013 seventh-rounder, and a middle-round pick in 2014 in the Percy Harvin trade.
Jeff Ireland wishes he could trade as well as Rick Spielman; the Dolphins traded Brandon Marshall last offseason for two third-rounders, one of which Ireland blew on obvious TE bust Michael Egnew. The Vikings now have four picks in the top 83 this year: Nos. 23, 25, 52, and 83. It's also conceivable that Spielman has already struck an under-the-table deal with a free agent like Greg Jennings.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Harvin to the Seahawks
Jeff Ireland wishes he could trade as well as Rick Spielman; the Dolphins traded Brandon Marshall last offseason for two third-rounders, one of which Ireland blew on obvious TE bust Michael Egnew

Nice.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:09 pm
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

bad move for Seattle. Report they gave up a 1st rounder and 2 other picks. Now the Vikings will probably draft his replacement Tavon.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:20 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

swerve13 wrote:
bad move for Seattle. Report they gave up a 1st rounder and 2 other picks. Now the Vikings will probably draft his replacement Tavon.

Either they overpaid for Percy Harvin or we got fleeced by Chicago for Brandon Marshall, or both.

Seattle is a team that is close, with an up and coming QB and a nice defense, so they figured they can overpay...

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:22 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm pretty sure the Dolphins shopped Marshall as best they could and given his tumultuous offseason, track record (drops, off field issues) and largue contract the only team willing to even go that high was the Bears.

Different environment, cap issues, and buyers. I'd bet Seattle would have ponied up that price last year as Rich mentioned if they had just come off an NFC title run and were a piece or two away.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Amazing... never thought i'd see the day Percy Harvin demanded a 1st round pick in a trade.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IamPZ wrote:
Amazing... never thought i'd see the day Percy Harvin demanded a 1st round pick in a trade.

It's a late 1st rounder................I guess the Seahawks didn't see a good option at WR in the draft and decided to pull the trigger. Anyway, they are going to be tough next year.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

shularino wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

It's a late 1st rounder................I guess the Seahawks didn't see a good option at WR in the draft and decided to pull the trigger. Anyway, they are going to be tough next year.

Its about getting a proven commodity to take advantage of their current ability. Taking a chance on someone like Hunter or Hopkins in the draft might not give immediate results.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:51 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Pete Carroll recruited Percy out of high school when he was at SC, so he has always been a fan of Harvin and his talent.

They gave up a 1st and 7th round pick in this draft and a mid round in 2014 draft.

I will be interested in the contract Harvin get's, as he was talking Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald money. Talented he may be, but he has been hurt an awful lot and been a problem for coaching staffs in high school, college and pros.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:23 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Spielman is a moron and Miami fans laugh at him. We never got the chance to see what he could have done in Miami. Win or get fired was his one chance.

Rich wrote:
Either they overpaid for Percy Harvin or we got fleeced by Chicago for Brandon Marshall, or both..

More Miami got fleeced They just wanted rid of Marshall & once again traded from a weakness stand point. Both is correct though.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:27 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It looks like Minnesota is freeing up a lot of money to go after a big money player. I think it would be crazy to have a bidding war over Wallace that would exceed $13 million. Wow.

Quote:
The veteran defensive-back bloodletting continues. Due to earn $7.25 million this season, Antoine Winfield has been released by the Minnesota Vikings, agent Ashanti Webb tells NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. ESPN 1500 Twin Cities' Tom Pelissero first had the report.

Although Winfield was arguably the league's premier run defender at cornerback and didn't allow a single touchdown last season, coach Leslie Frazier recently suggested that he was headed for a role reduction.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman has now freed up money for a serious run at wide receivers Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings. In so doing, he has severely hampered his team's ability to make a run at the playoffs for a second consecutive season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ng-pay-cut

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:05 pm
Profile WWW

It is amazing to me how in such a pass-oriented league, so many teams are letting good cornerbacks go.

The Dolphins should capitalize on this opportunity by picking up one of these experienced, effective vets and drafting a corner so they can both address the present and the future.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Rich wrote:
It is amazing to me how in such a pass-oriented league, so many teams are letting good cornerbacks go.

The Dolphins should capitalize on this opportunity by picking up one of these experienced, effective vets and drafting a corner so they can both address the present and the future.

And forget about getting in a bidding war with someone for a WR... plenty of WR's in this draft.. just be patient and we'll be in good shape.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]