All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:13 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I like the idea of having wheeler a$$ ome sort of hybrid safety. The defense is built for a cover 2 like the colts with manning. Wheeler was asked to take on too much and he flopped i still think hes good enough to be a playmaker in a dofferent role though.

If the offense puts up points i think the defense is much improved

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:15 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Finster wrote:
The classic example of how stats can be misleading, on paper he looks good, 2 years with 100 tackles, the problem is most of them are in chase mode, he's fast and athletic so he can chase down ball carriers, but he consistently runs himself out of position and can't shed blocks.

Now it's a very small wonder that he was a back up for 4 years until he went to the talent depleted Raiders and that they had no problem letting him go.

Can we hire Ireland again so we can FIRELAND again!!!

;^J

Still irritates me to no end to think about the pump job by a lot of people across various Dolphin message boards about how slick the move was to jettison Burnett/Dansby in favor of the two dopes Wheeler/Ellerbe.

I remember when the Ellerbe signing showed up on my phone I was like WTF??? Where did that come from. Wheeler has always been too light in the pants to be an effective linebacker. That guy needs to be converted to a safety.

Wanna get younger at the position? Draft for it. Don't splurge on guys like that in free agency ..... and especially don't make Ellerbe play out of his natural position.

100% agreement. :yay:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:18 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I didn't get it either, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2