View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Sean Smiths Market? 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Sean Smiths Market?
This is pure speculation on my part but it seems Smith has out priced himself as there has been a run on most of the cbs in the last day. The top three left are Smith, Talib, and Grimes. Cox and Houston who I personally wanted us to sign both got about 5 mil a season contracts. I dont think Smith should get more then that and it looks like his options are running out. Will he be back in Miami with a deal similar to theirs?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:18 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Sean Smiths Market?
flodro18 wrote:
This is pure speculation on my part but it seems Smith has out priced himself as there has been a run on most of the cbs in the last day. The top three left are Smith, Talib, and Grimes. Cox and Houston who I personally wanted us to sign both got about 5 mil a season contracts. I dont think Smith should get more then that and it looks like his options are running out. Will he be back in Miami with a deal similar to theirs?

The more time that passes without Smith signing somewhere else, the higher the probability that he will return to the Dolphins.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:24 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Sean will really consider us if the offers arent big because he will be comfortable here so al we can do is wait on his part let him see the market

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:30 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

flodro18 wrote:

Rotoworld wrote:
We can now scratch the Niners and Eagles off Smith's suitor list. The Dolphins are reportedly interested in bringing him back and there are two other mystery teams involved. Perhaps the Bucs will settle for Smith if they can't get a Darrelle Revis trade done.

Hopefully he hasn't cleared out his locker yet.

Last edited by Mindtornado on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:33 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
flodro18 wrote:

The more time that passes without Smith signing somewhere else, the higher the probability that he will return to the Dolphins.

You're exactly right Rich, the longer a free agent sits the more his value drops. The big deals usually happen within the first 48 hours. After that most of these guys wind up settling for less than they wanted and most wind up staying with their respective teams. I think Smith could stay in Miami. It's just a matter of Smith coming down off his $8-10M aspirations and settling for his $5-6M value.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:34 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Mindtornado wrote:
flodro18 wrote:

Rotoworld wrote:
We can now scratch the Niners and Eagles off Smith's suitor list. The Dolphins are reportedly interested in bringing him back and there are two other mystery teams involved. Perhaps the Bucs will settle for Smith if they can't get a Darrelle Revis trade done.

Hopefully he hasn't cleared out his locker yet.

IF this is true then i think that Sean is coming back

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]