View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 Jason Taylor meeting with the Jets today 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post JT and Dolphins to wait until after the draft, but Jets ...
If he signs with the Jets it is our own fault for not signing him.

Barry Jackson wrote:
Jason Taylor, preferring to remain a Dolphin, is content to wait until May or June to resolve his future, barring an extraordinary offer from a contender. The Taylor camp has been left with the impression the Dolphins still will consider re-signing him. A lot will depend on the draft. Agent Gary Wichard told WQAM-560 that he encouraged Taylor to meet with the Jets, who have interest in signing him, and that meeting will happen in the next couple of days. But Wichard said Taylor prefers to stay with the Dolphins and Miami has not ruled out keeping him.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/07/1 ... nt-in.html

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Jason Taylor meeting with the Jets today
per @Jeff_Darlington on twitter he's meeting with them today and it's not a leverage show. They have been very interested for several weeks
:cry:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:15 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: JT and Dolphins to wait until after the draft, but Jets ...
darn you Big Dave and with a post much nicer than mine!

;) You can just close mine this template is better

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:16 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

If JT goes to the jets... I'll puke

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:17 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

enJeppesen wrote:
Damn you Big Dave and with a post much nicer than mine!

;) You can just close mine this template is better

LOL, I just merged them. Great minds think alike;)

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Jason Taylor meeting with the Jets today
I would be disapointed to see Jason sign with the Jets, but this is a business. Hopefully he does wait until the draft.

Miami could still use a veteran prescence on this team and he is still productive as a player.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:55 am
Phinfever FFL Commish
Phinfever FFL Commish

I think I just lost what little respect I still had for JT.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:56 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Only a little respect for JT?! I hope that is just youth and inexperience talking

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:10 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

TennFinFan13 wrote:

Why? The guy can still play football. He's made public his interest in staying with Miami, yet the team continues to ignore him. If the Jets are a team showing interest, he has every right to go there. Like BD said, it would be our own fault for letting him slip away.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:15 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I would be shocked to see him in gangrene. He has always made apparent his disdain for the Jets and their fans. I think this is purely leveraging. The Phins really should just sign him already; I can't believe they are dragging their feet resigning him.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Jason Taylor visiting with Jets today
Jason Taylor boarded a 7 a.m. plane to New York today. He is visiting the New York Jets as an unrestricted free agent, according to his agent Gary Wichard.

"I pushed him up there," Wichard just told me. "I twisted his arm. He loves the fans in Miami and he gave up $8 million last year to play in front of fans. I am the one to push him to go up there because I don't know what will be available to on April 23 or 25th or whatever."

According to Wichard, Ryan started calling, trying to get Taylor signed the same day they lost kicker Jay Feeley to Arizona in free agency. The Jets are a Final 4 team and can add unrestricted free agents when they lose unrestricted free agents.

"How do you say no to Rex Ryan? Wichard said. "You got to listen to him. I cannot explain to you how much Rex wants him up there."

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... z0kQj7j2UP

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Jason Taylor visiting with Jets today
Jason Taylor boarded a 7 a.m. plane to New York today. He is visiting the New York Jets as an unrestricted free agent, according to his agent Gary Wichard.

"I pushed him up there," Wichard just told me. "I twisted his arm. He loves the fans in Miami and he gave up $8 million last year to play in front of fans. I am the one to push him to go up there because I don't know what will be available to on April 23 or 25th or whatever."

According to Wichard, Ryan started calling, trying to get Taylor signed the same day they lost kicker Jay Feeley to Arizona in free agency. The Jets are a Final 4 team and can add unrestricted free agents when they lose unrestricted free agents.

"How do you say no to Rex Ryan? Wichard said. "You got to listen to him. I cannot explain to you how much Rex wants him up there."

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... z0kQj7j2UP

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! DON"T DO IT JT!!!!
Don't listen to Darth Ryan, he is playing tricks with your mind. Don't be tempted by the dark side, even if they have cookies.

lol

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:33 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Taylor would help Jets, be disaster for Dolphins

> Posted by Dave Hyde on April 7, 2010 10:56 AM
Jason Taylor’s plane landed at 10:05 a.m. this morning in New York to meet with Jets coach Rex Ryan and is, “going to be treated like a five-star recruit from the movie Blue Chips,” according to agent Gary Wichard.

At the very least, this is a public-relations nightmare for the Dolphins of their own making. At the most, the Dolphins legend could address one of their biggest rival's pressing needs.

“He’s the guy they’ve targeted,’’ Wichard said. “Rex said, ‘Gary, I don’t want him to do anything more than get to the quarterback. That’s what we need.’ That’s music to Jason’s ears.

It’s hard to see how Taylor couldn’t help a Dophins outside linebacker corps of Quentin Moses, Charlie Anderson and Cameron Wake (depending on where Karlos Dansby plays). And fans again are in the middle of a developing situation between the Bill Parcells regime and Taylor.

That would be a tough one to stomach for the Dolphins. It also would represent a blunder on the Dolphins front office, virtually hand-delivering help to your biggest rival.

We haven’t really spoke to the Dolphins about Jason,’’ Wichard said. “I spoke to (general manager Jeff Ireland) once and that was more about a college guy I represent.”

“Jason didn’t want to go at first,’’ Wichard said. “I said, ‘Go up there, see what it’s like in New York.’ He and (wife) Katina are going for two days. He wants to play football for two more years and he wants to try to win a Super Bowl. The Jets were a game away from the Super Bowl last year. We’ll see what happens.”

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... l+blogs%29

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
The Jets' pursuit of Taylor is not new, sources told The Miami Herald. The team has actively and aggressively tried to convince the linebacker to make the jump to the AFC East rival since the start of free agency.

Taylor has been privately confused about how to handle the situation, but he is also growing antsy by the Dolphins' hesitations to bring him back. The team does not want to make a commitment to Taylor until after the NFL Draft.

With the Jets, Taylor has been told he would be able to play his ideal position: simply rushing the passer rather than being required to drop into coverage on other downs. Ideally, it's a likable scenario, but Taylor has long voiced his public hatred for the AFC East rival.

Money could become something of an issue if Taylor decides he's willing to play for the Jets. NFL rules state the Jets could only offer Taylor a salary equivalent of the one paid to Feely last season (as part of the Final 4 rule).

Feely earned $1.5 million, but Taylor has made it privately clear that New York's offer is for more than that, as much as $3 million for a one-year deal. Whether the team can circumvent those rules with in-season roster bonuses and easily reached incentives is not yet known.

The NFL has not yet responded to requests seeking such information.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/07/1 ... z0kQqWlTXd

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:54 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

This is what happens when you play games with good players...

If he goes I will not hate him for it, he has given Miami more opportunities then any other player would have, and played his a$$ off for peanuts last year...

It already looks like we are entering the 2010 season a bit gimpy... No secondary, about to loose another OLB, no WR...

Well at least we got Dansby :embarrassed:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:29 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLi ... &hl=171047

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:38 am
Phinfever FFL Commish
Phinfever FFL Commish

MNDolfan wrote:
TennFinFan13 wrote:

Why? The guy can still play football. He's made public his interest in staying with Miami, yet the team continues to ignore him. If the Jets are a team showing interest, he has every right to go there. Like BD said, it would be our own fault for letting him slip away.

Well, maybe my choice of words were a little strong. If he did sign with the Jets, however, I would lose some respect for him. Zack Thomas had interest from New England and chose to go with Dallas. If JT can still play, and we don't re-sign him, I wish he would pursue some team outside our division. Just my opinion.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:22 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

TennFinFan13 wrote:
MNDolfan wrote:
TennFinFan13 wrote:

Well, maybe my choice of words were a little strong. If he did sign with the Jets, however, I would lose some respect for him. Zack Thomas had interest from New England and chose to go with Dallas. If JT can still play, and we don't re-sign him, I wish he would pursue some team outside our division. Just my opinion.

what if he cant find a job on any other roster? do you want him to retire even though he clearly wants to play two more years? let's not be selfish...if the dolphins are being stingy about offering him a contract, and the jets are the only ones interested (although i just heard on espn the pats have shown some interest) then let him do his thing.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Truth is, my stomach has been a little queasy since the Dolphins re-signed that other Jason, the one who is under an eight-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy and who may be close to retirement anyway because of his age, 35, and a long rehab from quadriceps surgery.

Yep, that's a long list of reasons not to promise money to a guy, but Jason Ferguson, a veteran player at a highly valued position, nose tackle, got a new contract from Bill Parcells last month, and just a few days after the suspension was announced.

Now, with the NFL Draft a couple of weeks away and teams preparing to address all their weak spots, Taylor, also 35, can't get the Dolphins to verify that he's in their 2010 plans by talking about a new contract with the league's career sacks leader among active players.

Can't blame JT for getting antsy. He's been famously stiff-armed by Parcells before, back when Jason's Hollywood career was infringing on off-season workouts and the Dolphins traded him to Washington for a couple of draft picks. Why, even after coming back to Miami in 2009 for peanuts and playing more than anyone foresaw, should one of the franchise's greatest defensive players expect to be treated as kindly as, say, Ferguson?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dol ... s_dolphins

ProFootballFocus has Furgeson ranked 25th at his position. It has Taylor ranked 8th at his position. Furgeson gets a contract and Jason gets treated like ...?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_posi ... numgames=1

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:32 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

If he signs with the Jests...I can't even....

nope.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:05 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

the title of this thread makes me throw up in my mouth a lil' bit each time I read it.

yeah, I know the NFL is a business and all of that yada yada.... but Taylor in Gangrene? ...That just ain't right.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:10 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

this is business. The Fins want him to wait until after the draft, and at that time they will let him know if they want him or not.

The Jets are saying we want you now, no matter what we do in the draft.

I think the fins should have re-signed him already, but my expectation would be that he'd have a limited role. So at this point I am indifferent to the situation.

If he goes that's fine, if he stays then ok. Either way I'll remember him as a great Miami Dolphin player that loves the game of football.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Hopefully in their next get together Zach Thomas slaps him silly.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:38 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:
Hopefully in their next get together Zach Thomas slaps him silly.

My buddy was down at Houstons a few weeks back and a big a$$ boat pulls up, he said 36 - 42', triple outboards, he went over for a closer look at the boat & said out comes Jason, Zach & families...

He said they were both super friendly.... With both of them back here I am sure that phone call has already happened...

Although Zach may just say F em, go get paid and try to get a ring...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:01 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Truth is, my stomach has been a little queasy since the Dolphins re-signed that other Jason, the one who is under an eight-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy and who may be close to retirement anyway because of his age, 35, and a long rehab from quadriceps surgery.

Yep, that's a long list of reasons not to promise money to a guy, but Jason Ferguson, a veteran player at a highly valued position, nose tackle, got a new contract from Bill Parcells last month, and just a few days after the suspension was announced.

Now, with the NFL Draft a couple of weeks away and teams preparing to address all their weak spots, Taylor, also 35, can't get the Dolphins to verify that he's in their 2010 plans by talking about a new contract with the league's career sacks leader among active players.

Can't blame JT for getting antsy. He's been famously stiff-armed by Parcells before, back when Jason's Hollywood career was infringing on off-season workouts and the Dolphins traded him to Washington for a couple of draft picks. Why, even after coming back to Miami in 2009 for peanuts and playing more than anyone foresaw, should one of the franchise's greatest defensive players expect to be treated as kindly as, say, Ferguson?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dol ... s_dolphins

ProFootballFocus has Furgeson ranked 25th at his position. It has Taylor ranked 8th at his position. Furgeson gets a contract and Jason gets treated like ...?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_posi ... numgames=1

This is a perfect point. I don't understand this move at all.

Where exactly are we in the start of year 3 with Parcells and Company? When we came in here, we were 4th in our division. Now, we're looking at 3rd in our division. Is getting better than the Bills a big feather in his cap? New England should have won the last two divisions and the Jets did something last year that the Dolphins haven't done since 1992.

Now, we might be just about to make a move that weakens our team and makes the Jets stronger. Perfect.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:23 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Call this whatever you may, but I wonder is some small part of this move by the Jets is Rex Ryan wanting to piss in the eye of the Dolphins and their fans? I know JT has talent, and he would certainly contribute much to the Jets defense, but if they are as serious about JT as the media is reporting, I wonder if some of that motivation might just be personal?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]