View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Dolphins owner Steve Ross: 'We're not done' 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins owner Steve Ross: 'We're not done'
Quote:
"You can't help but like what they've done," said one AFC coach, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. "Mike Wallace and Dustin Keller are both scary players."

But Ross and General Manager Jeff Ireland, the architect behind Miami's makeover, will be the first to admit teams don't win championship based on the moves made in March.

"The only place it really matters is on the football field. We can all talk about it, but you've got to win," Ross said. "But you don't do it unless you've got the right ingredients. We're certainly going down that direction."

The addition of Wallace, a receiver who has scored 32 touchdowns in his first four seasons, and Keller, a tight end who has scored 17 touchdowns in his five seasons with the Jets, provides the Dolphins the weaponry needed to open up the west coast offense. Both players create mismatches that help the offense feed off their speed.

"You can see where the NFL is going. It is about speed, the passing game and explosiveness and excitement," Ross said. "We're developing that. I don't think we're done."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:49 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Dolphins owner Steve Ross: 'We're not done'
That sounds to me like the set up for drafting someone like Tavon Austin with the 12th pick come April. "You can see where the league is going" sounds like he wants to add even more speed to our WR core and possibly our RB position with the likes of an Austin. I don't think it would be the best move for us, but I would definitely support it. I loved Austin at West Virginia and he certainly impressed me at the Combine.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Dolphins owner Steve Ross: 'We're not done'
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
"You can't help but like what they've done," said one AFC coach, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. "Mike Wallace and Dustin Keller are both scary players."

But Ross and General Manager Jeff Ireland, the architect behind Miami's makeover, will be the first to admit teams don't win championship based on the moves made in March.

"The only place it really matters is on the football field. We can all talk about it, but you've got to win," Ross said. "But you don't do it unless you've got the right ingredients. We're certainly going down that direction."

The addition of Wallace, a receiver who has scored 32 touchdowns in his first four seasons, and Keller, a tight end who has scored 17 touchdowns in his five seasons with the Jets, provides the Dolphins the weaponry needed to open up the west coast offense. Both players create mismatches that help the offense feed off their speed.

"You can see where the NFL is going. It is about speed, the passing game and explosiveness and excitement," Ross said. "We're developing that. I don't think we're done."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Don't get me wrong, I like when the owner is excited about his team, but sometimes.... or maybe from now on, Stephen Ross just needs to shut his mouth. If you listen to his press conferences, Dee and Ireland are always correcting his statements and clarifying some of the things coming out of his mouth

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]