View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Taylor doing business, not yet New York 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Taylor doing business, not yet New York
Quote:
I hate being in the middle of a contract negotiation. It's like walking a funhouse of mirrors. Agents spin. Teams maneuver. Fans take sides. Half-truths get stretched whole. And that's just the part we see.

But, again, this is the middle of negotiating, so you have to let this play out. And let's clear up something that keeps bubbling to the surface as negotiations turn public.

The Dolphins know what kind of money Taylor wants. And Taylor knows the Dolphins don't want to pay it, effectively telling him to go out and find it in the marketplace.

So there's contact here, no matter what seems to be floated out there. This attempt to turn things into a lack of respect, or not returning phone calls, is nonsense.

Taylor has been in touch with coach Tony Sparano. Wichard and General Manager Jeff Ireland know where the other stands. There's no breath of faith or respect at work here. It's just business being conducted as usual.

This is about a contract negotiation. Nothing more.

Even when Joey Porter refused to come off the field at times and Taylor had to stay on the sideline, Taylor never went public. Porter is gone now, as is much of the defensive staff from last year.

At $1.5 million, if that's what the offer is, if no other team steps forward, the Dolphins shouldn't let Taylor go. Not to the Jets. Not to any team.

He might not be the player he was five years ago. He's still as good as anything the Dolphins have right now at outside linebacker.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... umn?page=2

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:20 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Taylor doing business, not yet New York
Sign him up today. $1.5 million is more than fair for a player of Jason Taylor's talent, leadership, and love for this team. I'll bet he finds the end zone again this year. He always does.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:17 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'd give him 3 mill if thats what he wanted. Not a moment of hesitation on my part.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:48 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

« Previous Post
Update from Jason Taylor’s agent
by: Mike Berardino April 8th, 2010 | 8:46 AM

Late last night, after much of the dust had settled from the revelation Miami Dolphins great Jason Taylor had deigned to visit the reviled New York Jets, I checked in with Gary Wichard.

The Los Angeles-based agent sent along this email update on his client’s Gotham recruiting visit, and I pass it along now to you:

“There’s no contract discussions at all,” Wichard wrote. “What the Jets are going to pay has nothing to do with what the Dolphins want to pay. This is all about football and the best fit for Jason and he’ll make that decision when he’s ready.”

One report has the Taylors, Jason and Katina, making that decision after this weekend, but it’s possible this contemplation period could drag on for another week or so. Basically, you get the sense the Jets aren’t going to pressure Taylor in any way, although you can imagine they don’t want to have an offer still sitting out there as they enter draft week in another 10 days or so.

Nor will Taylor’s camp try to goose the Dolphins into doing anything before they are good and ready. (Although if it happens that way, no one will complain.)

“I won’t use an offer from the Jets to try to secure a contract from the Dolphins,” Wichard added. “That’s not what’s going to make the deal.”

Nor will these angry words from Fireman Ed kill a possible deal between Taylor and the hated Jets. Had to laugh at Fireman Ed weighing in on such matters in a major New York tabloid, but the man does have a history with JT.

At least he says he does.

By the way, why don’t the Dolphins have a Superfan anymore? Ever since the passing of Dolfan Denny Sym in 2007, there’s been a real void, don’t you think?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... agent.html

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:57 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

The Dolphins need to get this done. 2-3 mill would be a solid deal for a solid player for Miami. He also a team leader.

You resigned Jason Ferguson and he will not be available until game 9, coming off an serious injury and just as old as Taylor.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:11 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
The Dolphins need to get this done. 2-3 mill would be a solid deal for a solid player for Miami. He also a team leader.

You resigned Jason Ferguson and he will not be available until game 9, coming off an serious injury and just as old as Taylor.

Depending on how the draft goes, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ferguson dumped.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:34 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Why must they do this every year man??? The guy came in and performed at a higher level than most of us thought he would... whats the hold up on another 1 year deal??

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:43 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
Why must they do this every year man??? The guy came in and performed at a higher level than most of us thought he would... whats the hold up on another 1 year deal??

Taylor was kind of a stop gap last year on a terrible defense...I think they want to start to develop guys like Wake and Anderson and whoever they draft and move on now. As a fan, I'd love to have him back, but on the business side I see what they're doing...I think

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:52 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:

My thoughts exactly. this is bogus IMO.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:00 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:

The part about Ferguson really gripes me. The fo is either having brain cramps or brain dead IMO.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:02 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

dolphindebby wrote:
The part about Ferguson really gripes me. The fo is either having brain cramps or brain dead IMO.

Everyone looks out for their own. Ferguson is a Parcells guy. I am sure that if Jimmah Johnson were still the head coach that JT would all ready be signed.

One thing I like about this front office is that they make moves that they feel are best for the team despite what the fans think. On the other hand, in a situation like this where JT is a fan favorite, maybe they should bend the rules a bit. He's humbled himself from his original position of a couples years ago, he has a good rep-or with the team, is a good leader, and still has playmaker in him. For what we are paying Cam-Wake, he's worth that kind of money.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
dolphindebby wrote:

Everyone looks out for their own. Ferguson is a Parcells guy. I am sure that if Jimmah Johnson were still the head coach that JT would all ready be signed.

One thing I like about this front office is that they make moves that they feel are best for the team despite what the fans think. On the other hand, in a situation like this where JT is a fan favorite, maybe they should bend the rules a bit. He's humbled himself from his original position of a couples years ago, he has a good rep-or with the team, is a good leader, and still has playmaker in him. For what we are paying Cam-Wake, he's worth that kind of money.

I know the fo is trying to build a good team and all. But, why get rid of a tried and true player. They know what he can and will do. Sparano "seems" to love JT and what he stands for. It just seems like every year since they've been here they've messed with him for some reason. If they don't want him, so be it, let him go, Or sign him and hush about it. It just doesn't have to be so strung out and complicated IMO.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]