Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:29 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
Quote:
But we will be compiling a running list of visits and workouts, anyway, because it’s fun. While the Dolphins have the 12th pick, they have enough ammo – extra picks in the second, third, fifth and seventh rounds – that a trade up is possible, even all the way up to the No. 1 pick (Texas A&M left tackle Luke Joeckel, recruited to college by Mike Sherman and in play for the first overall pick, would be a perfect fit for the Dolphins, who need a tackle to replace Jake Long).


http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... -dolphins/


Unless my eyes missed it, this doesnt list Tavon Austin


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:52 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
I know kickers aren't popular but I'd love to get Caleb Sturgis on the 3rd day of the draft.

Quote:
Sturgis was tremendous at the East-West Shrine. He was nailing kicks in the mid-50s with ease - straight down the middle. Sturgis had plenty of leg while showing a consistent motion to maintain accuracy. He had an impressive collegiate career and looks worthy of a draft pick on the third day of the 2013 NFL Draft.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:16 am 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
I'd love to see Dan Carpenter out of Miami, so I wouldn't mind this pick.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:19 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
The joy you have out of not looking at Austin is exactly why this franchise has sucked for so long.

Sure... Ireland will probably go with the "safe" pick again... but every realist here knows that won't get us anywhere.

If we waste another 1st round pick on the offensive line we will continue to be the same old mediocre phins. It's so sad...


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:05 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
IamPZ wrote:
The joy you have out of not looking at Austin is exactly why this franchise has sucked for so long.

Sure... Ireland will probably go with the "safe" pick again... but every realist here knows that won't get us anywhere.

If we waste another 1st round pick on the offensive line we will continue to be the same old mediocre phins. It's so sad...



it's not joy. Already explained that I like Austin alot.
Really after all the moves for weapons Ireland made in free agency, you're still cryin?
Same old Dolphins????? Really? When did we have a Mike Wallace or a Dustin Keller?
Was Mike Pouncey really a wasted pick? Glad you're not making the picks.
We need other things. I feel like I'm the realist. We have the playmakers to win games now. We just have zero proven tackles to protect the trigger man.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24760
Location: Miami, FL
swerve13 wrote:
Unless my eyes missed it, this doesnt list Tavon Austin


I believe the Dolphins attended West Virginia's Pro Day.

Teams have drafted players they never scheduled for a visit etc.

I don't see that as an indication of anything.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:02 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Unless my eyes missed it, this doesnt list Tavon Austin


I believe the Dolphins attended West Virginia's Pro Day.

Teams have drafted players they never scheduled for a visit etc.

I don't see that as an indication of anything.


Very true, but I know Tony was saying that Miami has shown alot of interest in him and I haven't read that anywhere yet.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:22 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Barry Jackson has us with a private workout in yesterday's Sports Buzz.

Quote:
The Dolphins are among the teams holding a private meeting with speedy, explosive West Virginia receiver Tavon Austin. He would be a bold choice at 12, considering receiver is not a need, and Miami might be able to get a right tackle or pass rusher at that spot, or possibly a corner, though none might be the ideal fit at 12.


http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

Walter Football also has Tavon listed as having a Private workout scheduled, (and they have for a while). He was the first player listed under the Dolphins in their interest page. http://walterfootball.com/draft2013meetingsteams.php

Tavon has been the guy Miami has probably shown the most "interest" in thus far. Jeff Ireland was at their Bowl game, I'm almost positive I've read that Miami had scouts at their Pro Day, they interviewed him at the combine and they're holding a private workout for him.

Can't do anymore than that.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 am
Posts: 11
I'm sure whoever we draft will be lousy. I already disagree with the draft picks and we haven't even made them yet.
Ireland stinks, he's the worst ever!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5507
Location: Columbia, SC
Phins Rock wrote:
Barry Jackson has us with a private workout in yesterday's Sports Buzz.

Quote:
The Dolphins are among the teams holding a private meeting with speedy, explosive West Virginia receiver Tavon Austin. He would be a bold choice at 12, considering receiver is not a need, and Miami might be able to get a right tackle or pass rusher at that spot, or possibly a corner, though none might be the ideal fit at 12.


http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

Walter Football also has Tavon listed as having a Private workout scheduled, (and they have for a while). He was the first player listed under the Dolphins in their interest page. http://walterfootball.com/draft2013meetingsteams.php

Tavon has been the guy Miami has probably shown the most "interest" in thus far. Jeff Ireland was at their Bowl game, I'm almost positive I've read that Miami had scouts at their Pro Day, they interviewed him at the combine and they're holding a private workout for him.

Can't do anymore than that.



Thanks for posting this Phins. I posted that blurb from the Miami Herald in my mock draft.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:00 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Hopefully we're just going overboard in showing our love for Austin in order to throw other teams off. Austin would be a very big reach at 12 in my opinion. Especially when you consider he wouldn't even be a starter. We have immediate needs at OT and CB. Taking an undersized receiver like Austin would be a bad move in my opinion.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:03 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8231
I'm sure whoever we draft will be lousy. I already disagree with the draft picks and we haven't even made them yet.
Ireland stinks, he's the worst ever!



Oh brother....welcome, but I see the future with you.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5507
Location: Columbia, SC
wkloiber13 wrote:
Hopefully we're just going overboard in showing our love for Austin in order to throw other teams off. Austin would be a very big reach at 12 in my opinion. Especially when you consider he wouldn't even be a starter. We have immediate needs at OT and CB. Taking an undersized receiver like Austin would be a bad move in my opinion.



Yeap, we all have our opinions.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:37 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
phinsfansc wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Hopefully we're just going overboard in showing our love for Austin in order to throw other teams off. Austin would be a very big reach at 12 in my opinion. Especially when you consider he wouldn't even be a starter. We have immediate needs at OT and CB. Taking an undersized receiver like Austin would be a bad move in my opinion.



Yeap, we all have our opinions.


Don't get me wrong, I think Austin is a great prospect. I'd even be up for the Dolphins packaging their 2nd round pick and Davone Bess to someone if Austin is still around in the late 1st. I think that would be a solid deal that would add speed and free up money.
But if I had to choose between Austin and other prospects like Johnson, Cooper, Werner, Rhodes, etc. I'd probably not lean towards Austin at 12th overall. I'd much rather see us go after an OT, OG, CB, DE, then WR, and in that order.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:10 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
Makchell wrote:
I'm sure whoever we draft will be lousy. I already disagree with the draft picks and we haven't even made them yet.
Ireland stinks, he's the worst ever!



Oh brother....welcome, but I see the future with you.


i'm guessing it's a 2nd account of a current member


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:14 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
Phins Rock wrote:
Barry Jackson has us with a private workout in yesterday's Sports Buzz.

Quote:
The Dolphins are among the teams holding a private meeting with speedy, explosive West Virginia receiver Tavon Austin. He would be a bold choice at 12, considering receiver is not a need, and Miami might be able to get a right tackle or pass rusher at that spot, or possibly a corner, though none might be the ideal fit at 12.


http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

Walter Football also has Tavon listed as having a Private workout scheduled, (and they have for a while). He was the first player listed under the Dolphins in their interest page. http://walterfootball.com/draft2013meetingsteams.php

Tavon has been the guy Miami has probably shown the most "interest" in thus far. Jeff Ireland was at their Bowl game, I'm almost positive I've read that Miami had scouts at their Pro Day, they interviewed him at the combine and they're holding a private workout for him.

Can't do anymore than that.


I don't agree with that. I've heard about alot more interest in Lane Johnson and Xavier Rhodes than i have about Austin. I follow the news feed every day. There may be interest in him but to say Miami is most interested Tavon over all others is hyperbole.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:05 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
Quote:
The name I keep hearing for the #Dolphins and their first pick: OT Lane Johnson. But would require a trade-up, 12 and maybe 54 or 77 overall


-Ben Volin twitter


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:24 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
That's why I put interest in quotations.

You're arguing that the rumors out there are factual. The only concrete "interest" is what I posted.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r