View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Another vote for Sergio Kindle to the Miami Dolphins 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Another vote for Sergio Kindle to the Miami Dolphins
Quote:

“I know I’m going to be wrong, but I think it would be Sergio Kindle,” Brandt said. “I think Kindle can play with his hand on the ground and rush the passer, and I think he can also drop into space. I don’t think you’d be moving out of a plateau to get Kindle.
“I think all you have to do is look and see what Kindle did against Alabama in the national championship game and you automatically fall in love with him.”
That said, Brandt has Kindle (and Bryant, for that matter) in his 21-30 “plateau” on his Hot 100. He doesn’t rank players slot by slot, but rather in groups of 10 or so, based on their relative abilities. (Similar to how he ranked them for the Cowboys for three decades.)
Take this for what it’s worth, but Brandt is now the second NFL-employed draft analyst with strong Parcells ties to predict Kindle, the former Texas linebacker, to the Dolphins. The first was Mike Mayock, the former Giants safety in the early Parcells years in the Meadowlands.
Hmm.
Yeah, I know, Kindle has had some problems behind the wheel, and a team going through some embarrassing offseason troubles in that area (Ronnie Brown/Will Allen) might want to avoid inviting more public backlash with such a selection.
But still, hmm.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:28 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Re: Another vote for Sergio Kindle to the Miami Dolphins
Yeah u do make a good point bout Kindle :bravo2: I would say if Dez is gone by then and we realy think we cant get a good (olb) later then go and grab him

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:58 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Another vote for Sergio Kindle to the Miami Dolphins
I like Everson Griffen, the kid out USC more than Kindle. Bigger, stronger & faster and more productive while at SC.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:36 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

phinsfansc wrote:
I like Everson Griffen, the kid out USC more than Kindle. Bigger, stronger & faster and more productive while at SC.

He's a good player. Is he a 34 OLB though? Not a guy usually related to that position change.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:49 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I think I like what Brandon Graham did in the Senior Bowl more...

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:50 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Everson Griffen played a lot at the elephant position for SC last year, there equivilant of a 3-4 OLB. The same position that one Clay Matthews played at last year for SC.

I like Brandon Graham to PZ, but if the regime is going to be rigid in there prototype to size, Graham does not meet the criteria.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:10 pm

phinsfansc wrote:
Everson Griffen played a lot at the elephant position for SC last year, there equivilant of a 3-4 OLB. The same position that one Clay Matthews played at last year for SC.

I like Brandon Graham to PZ, but if the regime is going to be rigid in there prototype to size, Graham does not meet the criteria.

Yeah, and Omar Kelly tweeted a little while ago that a scout told him that in order to play 34 OLB, you HAVE to be at least 6'2.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:26 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

What I want to know about Kindle is he worth taking if you can have an ipad for just a bit more?

-yes that qualifies as lamest joke of the year. Thank you, I'll be performing here all night. (drum roll)

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:49 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Kindle is overrated. IMO, he is a WOLB. Some of you think that is a need.. and it is. But, I think SOLB is the bigger need. I suspect Cameron Wake will be a great WOLB for us. Especially in Nolan's system.

I'd personally want a guy like Morgan or Graham at SOLB.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:35 pm

hypocritex wrote:
Kindle is overrated. IMO, he is a WOLB. Some of you think that is a need.. and it is. But, I think SOLB is the bigger need. I suspect Cameron Wake will be a great WOLB for us. Especially in Nolan's system.

I agree that Cam would be better off on the weakside. However, and I don't know if this was just Paul P. or if this is something from higher above, Wake was on the strong side about 95% of the time.

If they do want to keep him on the strong side, I think you definitely need a young guy to develop behind JT. I agree that Kindle is a WOLB, but I don't see him as a good enough pass rusher to be taken at 12. From a pure pass rush standpoint, I think he is a 2nd-3rd round type prospect.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:14 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

I agree that Cam would be better off on the weakside. However, and I don't know if this was just Paul P. or if this is something from higher above, Wake was on the strong side about 95% of the time.

If they do want to keep him on the strong side, I think you definitely need a young guy to develop behind JT. I agree that Kindle is a WOLB, but I don't see him as a good enough pass rusher to be taken at 12. From a pure pass rush standpoint, I think he is a 2nd-3rd round type prospect.

That's probably because Joey Porter wouldn't get off the field. He is our best pass rusher. Not overly great at playing the run. Stands to reason he should be on the weak side where he won't be asked to as much as the Strong side.. except rush the passer.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:31 pm

hypocritex wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

That's probably because Joey Porter wouldn't get off the field. He is our best pass rusher. Not overly great at playing the run. Stands to reason he should be on the weak side where he won't be asked to as much as the Strong side.. except rush the passer.

Exactly, but even in the Tampa and Buffalo games where Joey was out, Wake was still on the left side all the time.

We'll see. Hopefully it is like JT a few years ago. I trust in Mike Nolan to know how to get the best out of him though.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]