Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:56 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
I've got a question for those of you who are more into the game-film than I am. What are the chances that a Johnathan Cooper, Chance Warmack or D.J. Fluker could be moved to the tackle position?

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5506
Location: Columbia, SC
cspooner13 wrote:
I've got a question for those of you who are more into the game-film than I am. What are the chances that a Johnathan Cooper, Chance Warmack or D.J. Fluker could be moved to the tackle position?


Cooper has the feet to possibly play OT, but neither have the ideal height to play OT. Warmack has the arm length at 34 1/4", but Cooper arms are considered to short at 33". Fluker is already a ORT, but he is definitely a better fit in a power blocking scheme. Warmack is a OG, PERIOD. Does not have the movement skills to be a OT.

Now if you want a kid that has played OG, but has also played OT and can definitely play OT, Kyle Long of Oregon would be your guy.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:12 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Cooper and Warmack are elite guard prospects. Either guy would be a nice upgrade to our interior offensive line. Like someone posted before, Fluker is an ORT, and a very good one at that. I'm still hoping we're able to draft Lane Johnson at 12, or sign Eric Winston, draft Jonathan Cooper this year, and draft Jake Matthews next year.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:32 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
sounds like teams are considering drafting Fluker to play guard


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24759
Location: Miami, FL
phinsfansc wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:
I've got a question for those of you who are more into the game-film than I am. What are the chances that a Johnathan Cooper, Chance Warmack or D.J. Fluker could be moved to the tackle position?


Cooper has the feet to possibly play OT, but neither have the ideal height to play OT. Warmack has the arm length at 34 1/4", but Cooper arms are considered to short at 33". Fluker is already a ORT, but he is definitely a better fit in a power blocking scheme. Warmack is a OG, PERIOD. Does not have the movement skills to be a OT.

Now if you want a kid that has played OG, but has also played OT and can definitely play OT, Kyle Long of Oregon would be your guy.


Long's arms are a little on the short side as well.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5506
Location: Columbia, SC
Rich wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:
I've got a question for those of you who are more into the game-film than I am. What are the chances that a Johnathan Cooper, Chance Warmack or D.J. Fluker could be moved to the tackle position?


Cooper has the feet to possibly play OT, but neither have the ideal height to play OT. Warmack has the arm length at 34 1/4", but Cooper arms are considered to short at 33". Fluker is already a ORT, but he is definitely a better fit in a power blocking scheme. Warmack is a OG, PERIOD. Does not have the movement skills to be a OT.

Now if you want a kid that has played OG, but has also played OT and can definitely play OT, Kyle Long of Oregon would be your guy.


Long's arms are a little on the short side as well.


They are Rich. But he certainly has the height and the footwork to be a solid OT.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:59 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
So many of the college tackles entering the draft will have to move to guard. Another reason why this tackle class has become so weak.

Long, Pugh, Wagner, Aboushi.....at first were all talked about as highly rated tackles but when the film was watched and the measurements were taken alot of teams moved them to guard. It thinned out the tackle ranks and only the famous 3 ascended above the pack to be high level left tackle prospects.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:44 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Fluker is a RT, yes. So I should have specified that I was asking about the potential for either of them to be moved to LT at some point. Obviously not right away, but sometime down the road.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5506
Location: Columbia, SC
cspooner13 wrote:
Fluker is a RT, yes. So I should have specified that I was asking about the potential for either of them to be moved to LT at some point. Obviously not right away, but sometime down the road.


Quite honestly, I don't think any of those kids can make the move to OLT. If the Dolphins want to grab an OLT, it needs to be Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Watson or Armstead.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Personally I'm really high on Terron Armstead, as I've stated before in this forum

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5506
Location: Columbia, SC
cspooner13 wrote:
Personally I'm really high on Terron Armstead, as I've stated before in this forum


Same here......

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:20 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
very high praise.

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock explained on Path to the Draft Friday that he moved Eric Fisher ahead of Luke Joeckel on his offensive tackle rankings because Fisher offers more upside.
"I just happen to think that Fisher's ceiling is a little bit higher," Mayock said, citing Fisher's superior length, athleticism, and quicker feet. Mayock insisted that Fisher, Joeckel, and Lane Johnson all have All-Pro NFL potential. They're also likely to all be top-11 draft picks, and quite possibly top 7.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:24 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Honestly, I think my favorite out of the three of them would be Lane Johnson

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5506
Location: Columbia, SC
swerve13 wrote:
very high praise.

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock explained on Path to the Draft Friday that he moved Eric Fisher ahead of Luke Joeckel on his offensive tackle rankings because Fisher offers more upside.
"I just happen to think that Fisher's ceiling is a little bit higher," Mayock said, citing Fisher's superior length, athleticism, and quicker feet. Mayock insisted that Fisher, Joeckel, and Lane Johnson all have All-Pro NFL potential. They're also likely to all be top-11 draft picks, and quite possibly top 7.



I saw that tonight on the show.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:26 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
cspooner13 wrote:
Honestly, I think my favorite out of the three of them would be Lane Johnson


I kinda think Fisher and Johnson will end up being better than Joeckel. Those two are giant athletes.
But Mayock just said he thinks all 3 have the potential to be as good as Joe Thomas. WOW!


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:28 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
I agree with this

Quote:
Citing "whispers around the league," ESPN's Adam Schefter hinted on his blog that Alabama OG Chance Warmack could be in for a draft-day mini-slide.
Schefter believes it "wouldn't be completely shocking" if Warmack were available at the Cowboys' No. 18 overall selection. Warmack is a lock first-rounder, but keep in mind many pegged David DeCastro as a top 10-15 pick last April and he lasted to the Steelers' pick at 24. Guard is not a coveted NFL position.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:24 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
I've ways thought Cooper and Warmack would go later than most are mocking. I'd never take a guard that early.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:01 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11242
Location: Lancaster, PA
Phins Rock wrote:
I've ways thought Cooper and Warmack would go later than most are mocking. I'd never take a guard that early.


warmack's name has cooled over the past month while Cooper is a real hot name heading up to the draft. I'm thinking he goes top 12. Heard the Titans love him, and want to get the run game back to where it use to be.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r