View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 
 Draftek Mock Draft 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Draftek Mock Draft
Drafttek.com uses a computer model to simulate a 7-round 2013 NFL Mock Draft. Each team has an analyst who supplies data on 2013 NFL Draft team needs. The team needs are matched up against a list of 2013 NFL Draft prospect rankings (aka "Big Board") in order to generate each selection in our 2013 NFL Mock Draft.

Round 1 - Pick 12 - Tavon Austin, WR
Round 2 - Pick 42 - Johnthan Banks, CB
Round 2 - Pick 54 - Kyle Long, OT
Round 3 - Pick 77 - Cornelius Washington, DE
Round 3 - Pick 82 - Travis Kelce, TE
Round 4 - Pick 111 - B.W. Webb, CB
Round 5 - Pick 146 - Montori Hughes, DT
Round 5 - Pick 166 - David Bass, DE
Round 7 - Pick 217 - John Boyett, FS
Round 7 - Pick 224 - Earl Watford, OG
Round 7 - Pick 250 - John Lotulelei, OLB

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:47 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Draftek Mock Draft
The 3rd round is awful high for Washington, I think. He's a freak athletically, but it doesn't translate onto the field.

If Kyle Long gets to 54 that's a steal. Whether he's at guard or tackle.

I don't know if I see Austin being the guy anymore. I think if it's a skill position player offensively it's Eifert. He has the least amount going against him. Otherwise I think it's a pass rusher.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:52 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

We gained two spots...

Cleveland sup. Pick and New Orleans lost a pick for bounty gate...Both seconds

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:55 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

No running back......We just might get a shot at the 2nd back coming of the board

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:57 am

Phins Rock wrote:
The 3rd round is awful high for Washington, I think. He's a freak athletically, but it doesn't translate onto the field.

I don't know if I see Austin being the guy anymore. I think if it's a skill position player offensively it's Eifert. He has the least amount going against him. Otherwise I think it's a pass rusher.

I don't see Eifert at #12. He may be a bigger reach than Austin at that point.

It might make more sense because he'd be a red zone threat and the tight end is a revitalized position, but I don't see him going that high.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:07 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This is probably the best mock draft I have seen regarding our first 5 picks. I am on board with every pick rounds 1-3. Golden.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:43 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I heard an interview with David Bass on Sirius... real good interviewer and heard he's decent on the field too.

I like listening to interviews, call me crazy, but you can sort of get a feel for their intelligence level by how they speak.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:13 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
This is probably the best mock draft I have seen regarding our first 5 picks. I am on board with every pick rounds 1-3. Golden.

I'm not sure about the Washington pick in the third round, I don't know anything about the kid. But the other picks I would absolutely love

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

2weeks ago draftek had Austin going to Minnesota three spots ahead of our second pick

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

It might make more sense because he'd be a red zone threat and the tight end is a revitalized position, but I don't see him going that high.

I agree, if we really want Eifert bad, we should try to trade back and add more picks. Or use some other picks to move back up into the 1st round and go after him in the late 1st. I think he's going to go somewhere in the mid 20s.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
No running back......We just might get a shot at the 2nd back coming of the board

If Eddie Lacy is there when we pick in the 2nd round it would be hard not to take a serious look at the kid. He'd complement Miller very well. Heck, I wouldn't mind if we packaged our 2nd and Thomas to move up a few spots to get him.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:14 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:

I like how folks want to push Tavon Austin out of the picture. This mock is similar to mine as we have Austin and Kelce in the group of picks through the 5th round.

I agree about Washington possibly being a little high, as his production at Georgia does not match the freakish numbers he put up at the combine. He is one to keep an eye on though. I choose Corey Lemioner over him because of more production in college.

I would be happy with Kyle Long or Terron Armstead in the 2nd round. Both are versatile enough to play ORT.

I know we have some folks on the board that love Tyler Eifert, but I agree with Rich. The Dolphins could trade down and get Eifert. Austin is not a reach in the top 12, and I have seen him mocked more than a few times to the New York Jets at #9.

Impact pass rusher is in play at 12 also.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:40 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I see Long as more of a third round prospect personally, but that's just me

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I don't think Lemonier is a fit at defensive end. From what i've read he's more of a 34 OLB
Washington actually is being talked about in the 3rd round because of his measurables.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:33 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
I don't think Lemonier is a fit at defensive end. From what i've read he's more of a 34 OLB
Washington actually is being talked about in the 3rd round because of his measurables.

He's as big as Vernon Olivier.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 pm

phinsfansc wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

He's as big as Vernon Olivier.

Also smaller than Odrick Jared and Wake Cameron, but bigger than Kaddu Josh.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah is "not a big fan" of Auburn pass rusher Corey Lemonier.
"Flashes shake/bull pass rush move and plays hard but I'm not a big fan," Jeremiah tweeted. Lemonier is "stuck on blocks in every tape." When asked to compare the Auburn product to Bruce Irvin, Jeremiah added "Irvin had rare get-off and don't see that same burst from Lemonier." He views the pass rusher as a third-round talent

Quote:
BOTTOM LINE Lemonier is a long and projectable athlete, who already has a nice outside rip move. Was tremendously productive as a junior, but saw his play decline as a senior. While his body type is a better fit for 3-4 outside linebacker than 4-3 defensive end, his hips appear to be too stiff to make the transition. Lemonier also lacks powerful hands, and sometime struggles to turn the corner. The fact that Lemonier does not quit on plays, and has a good motor, combined with his athletic potential will likely cast him as a second or third rounder, despite some serious questions about the translating of his play to the next level.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:01 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

What if the Dolphins traded Bess and the 12th overall pick for Minnesota's two first round picks? Then they drafted Eifert AND Austin. There is a good chance both players could still be there in the early to mid 20s.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 am

wkloiber13 wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

What if the Dolphins traded Bess and the 12th overall pick for Minnesota's two first round picks? Then they drafted Eifert AND Austin. There is a good chance both players could still be there in the early to mid 20s.

There is not a good chance Austin will get past the 16th pick.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

there was a rumor on TV last night that a team wants to trade into the top 10 for Austin.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:06 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

So then we could take Eifert and an offensive lineman, say Fluker or Cooper. Then we could target another speedy slot guy like Swope in the 3rd or 4th round. Or we could target a bigger receiver like Hunter or Williams in the 2nd.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:09 am

wkloiber13 wrote:
Rich wrote:

So then we could take Eifert and an offensive lineman, say Fluker or Cooper. Then we could target another speedy slot guy like Swope in the 3rd or 4th round. Or we could target a bigger receiver like Hunter or Williams in the 2nd.

None of those guys would be available at 23. Eifert is a consensus top 20 pick at this point. As are Cooper and Fluker.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:14 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Rich wrote:

None of those guys would be available at 23. Eifert is a consensus top 20 pick at this point. As are Cooper and Fluker.

You may be right, but that doesn't mean he'll go in the top 20. There hasn't been a tightend take in the first round since 2010. In addition, the highest picked tightneds in the past five years were taken at pick 20 and 21. And those two players were more complete prospects than Eifert. While people are high on his ability to contribute in the passing game, there is still a good chance he could fall to the early part of the 2nd round, similar to his Notre Dame counterpart Kyle Rudolph a couple of years ago.
As for the other players, I think there is also a good chance that all of them are still available as well. But what happens on draft day will dictate that, not how they grade out. I've see plenty of mock drafts with these guys still being available late.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:23 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012charlie.php

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/

Its impossible to know who will and won't be available, which trades are brewing, and what GMs are thinking. These two links are a mock and the actual draft results.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 am

Phins Rock wrote:
Eifert is a consensus top 20 pick at this point.

I rarely see him go 20 or above in mock drafts...

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:47 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Yep, it's rare that a tightend goes in the top 20, and when they do they tend to be a more complete tightend than Eifert. Eifert is a late 1st day, early 2nd day prospect in my opinion.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:22 am

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Care to wager on it?

Not that I care what Kiper or McShay think, but both ESPN "experts" have him in the top 20. Pro Football Weekly has him as a "top 20" prospect. Rotoworld had him in the top 10 in their last mock, and 13th in their latest mock that came out today.

Then again none of the NFL.com guys have him in the top 20, except for 1.

Based on my opinion of him, I think he's a top 20 pick. I'd be really surprised if he fell into the mid 20s.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I prefer Eifert at 12. Give New England a taste of their own medicine. The team has to add a minimum of one corner (probably two) and a pass rusher after that.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:43 am

Phins Rock wrote:
Care to wager on it?

You want to wager on whether I have rarely seen him go in the top 20 in mock drafts?

Fine.

I win, because I have in fact rarely seen him go in the top 20 in mock drafts.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:48 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Care to wager on it?

You want to wager on whether I have rarely seen him go in the top 20 in mock drafts?

Fine.

Rich is right, on NFL.com all four mock drafts by their panel shows Eifert going either at 30 or 31. The kid is a nice player, don't get me wrong, but he's not a top half of the first round type talent. Tightends typically go end of day one if they go at all.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:49 am

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Care to wager on it?

Fine.

lol I meant on whether he actually goes top 20 or not.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:40 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

There's just not alot of teams with desperate need for a tight end early on in round 1.

I'm thinking Atlanta and Green Bay are the 2 that will look at Eifert. Other teams that needed one already signed starting tight ends.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
lol I meant on whether he actually goes top 20 or not.

It wouldn't shock me if he goes top 15.

But you said he was a consensus top 20 pick, so I'm wondering where that consensus is, because I haven't seen it. Most mocks I've seen have him going later than 20 and even at the top of the 2nd round.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]