View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
 Notre Dame LB Manti Te’o visiting the Miami Dolphins 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Notre Dame LB Manti Te’o visiting the Miami Dolphins
I am sure they are just kicking the tires on this idea.......

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... -dolphins/

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Notre Dame LB Manti Te’o visiting the Miami Dolphins
NO

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:33 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I wonder if Miami will have their cheerleaders great him with "Call me Maybe"?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:45 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
I wonder if Miami will have their cheerleaders great him with "Call me Maybe"?

Ha. Nice.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Maybe they're doing a favor for his agent.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:00 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I wouldn't draft this guy in the 5th, and I honestly mean that. The media circus and distractions he will bring to whomever unfortunately drafts him is going to be worse than Tebow's season in New York.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:43 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He's a mid to late first round pick. Are you guys crazy? I'd draft him if he were still sitting there with our 2nd round pick. BPA. A good organization can play down the media circus.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree Dave and IF he fell that far, which is possible, if Miami picked him up it would be worth a shot. Yeah, he had a miserable National Championship game, but through out the rest of his college career, he balled.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:53 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Finhead34 wrote:
I agree Dave and IF he fell that far, which is possible, if Miami picked him up it would be worth a shot. Yeah, he had a miserable National Championship game, but through out the rest of his college career, he balled.

I find it funny that people are so quick to discount his on field play just because he screwed up in his personal life. It shouldn't have any effect on how he's evaluated as a player yet that's all espn wants to talk about in interviews. Either way I cannot wait for the draft. First time in years that I didnt expect the front office to mess up big time.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
He's a mid to late first round pick. Are you guys crazy? I'd draft him if he were still sitting there with our 2nd round pick. BPA. A good organization can play down the media circus.

Sorry but i don't think he has too much between the ears not to mention his circus act....It would have to be a 3rd before bpa kicked in..
And even then maybe.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
Sorry but i don't think he has too much between the ears not to mention his circus act....It would have to be a 3rd before bpa kicked in..
And even then maybe.

That whole bizarre circus frenzy he got himself involved in was a lose-lose situation regardless. Either he is a complete dirt bag in making the whole thing up, or as you said, not the sharpest tool in the shed if he was duped into something like that. His play against NFL talent in Alabama was atrocious, probably foreshadowing of what may come to whichever city drafts him. Stay the hell away from Miami Manti.

:hithead:

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree with you Dave if he was there in the 2nd I think it would be a steal. I doubt if he falls that far.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
That whole bizarre circus frenzy he got himself involved in was a lose-lose situation regardless. Either he is a complete dirt bag in making the whole thing up, or as you said, not the sharpest tool in the shed if he was duped into something like that. His play against NFL talent in Alabama was atrocious, probably foreshadowing of what may come to whichever city drafts him. Stay the hell away from Miami Manti.

:hithead:

+1

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Miami is not going to draft him. They just spent big money on Lbers. Plus you are overblowing the whole ordeal that he will bring. Its already old news. Not wise to judge a player based on one game.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:21 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Miami is not going to draft him. They just spent big money on Lbers. Plus you are overblowing the whole ordeal that he will bring. Its already old news. Not wise to judge a player based on one game.

You're correct, but it's a completely different story when it's a championship game, against a legitimate opponent, and you play THAT bad. He was horrific, there was not a single plus side of that game, period. I know Miami won't draft him, but I am just stating opinion. There is a reason expert analysts ranked him as a tier 2 and not tier 1 LB after that game and his pathetic combine. I am more athletic than that guy, muscle and body tone does not determine athleticism.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:29 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
Not wise to judge a player based on one game.

It's not just that he had one bad game. He had a bad game in the biggest game of his life up to this point. He was made to look like a fool against the closest thing to NFL competition he has faced. And, possibly the most troubling to me, he was making very poor decisions the entire game. He took terrible angles to the ball carrier and was attacking the O-lineman's wrong shoulder almost the entire game. That's the knock on Manti to me, I couldn't care less about the media circus.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

cspooner13 wrote:
It's not just that he had one bad game. He had a bad game in the biggest game of his life up to this point. He was made to look like a fool against the closest thing to NFL competition he has faced. And, possibly the most troubling to me, he was making very poor decisions the entire game. He took terrible angles to the ball carrier and was attacking the O-lineman's wrong shoulder almost the entire game. That's the knock on Manti to me, I couldn't care less about the media circus.
He is not the first player to have a bad game in their biggest game. I'll stick with the rest of his tape over one game.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:29 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I wouldn't draft this guy in the 5th, and I honestly mean that. The media circus and distractions he will bring to whomever unfortunately drafts him is going to be worse than Tebow's season in New York.

I just don't think he's very good at all. Never understood the hype.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

huffdawg115 wrote:
It shouldn't have any effect on how he's evaluated as a player yet that's all espn wants to talk about in interviews. Either way I cannot wait for the draft. First time in years that I didnt expect the front office to mess up big time.

Totally disagree with you. You are drafting all his personal issues. I have serious questions about how this guy can handle life as a millionaire NFL player. I think he implodes sooner rather than later. And that is a guy you should avoid, unless it is late in the draft. And then only possibly.

I do agree with you that I can't wait for the draft. Sick and tired of talking about it. Want it to be here.

And welcome to Phinfever.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:45 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Degs, I don't question whether or not he can handle life as a millionaire as much as I question just his overall intelligence and ability to identify a hoax when he sees it.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The team is just considering all options. Smart. If a talented guy slides down considerably because of personality issues, then take a hard look at those issues and decide whether or not he can overcome those issues. Be prepared if he slides way down and gives you a shot at a high value player at a bargain position.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:
Degs, I don't question whether or not he can handle life as a millionaire as much as I question just his overall intelligence and ability to identify a hoax when he sees it.

I dont disagree with you at all. And Though we interpret things a bit differently I think we both come to the same conclusion: avoid the guy. It is highly unlikely that it will turn out well.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

degs wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:

I dont disagree with you at all. And Though we interpret things a bit differently I think we both come to the same conclusion: avoid the guy. It is highly unlikely that it will turn out well.

We can certainly both agree there, I would not touch the guy before the 4th round with a ten foot pole

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:

I would agree with you on all of this. If he is there in the 2nd round the Dolphins would have to seriously think about it. He can play either ILB or OLB. There's nothing wrong with having a killer group of linebackers, but the Dolphins definitely have other holes to fill. I would think the Dolphins are expecting him to slide as teams are fearing a Tebow-esque media following, but these things can be headed off. I would think that Te'o wants these issues behind him. There is a lot of really good film on him, so, I think the Dolphins are bringing him in to evaluate his psychological health.

Quote:
Strengths:
• Good size with room on frame to bulk up further
• Fundamentally sound tackler and explosive hitter
• Stout in the box and can fill gaps against the run
• Aggressive with great range and flies to the action
• Strong and powerful to take on and shed blockers
• Nice balance and does good job of staying on feet
• Outstanding instincts and has a nose for the ball
• Able to read and react quickly with a burst to close
• Intelligent and is like an extra coach on the field
• Competitive, hard working and a respected leader
• Durable with a ton of high-quality experience
• Offers both schematic and positional versatility

Weaknesses:
• Isn't overly athletic with just average timed speed
• Can be too aggressive and over run tackles at times
• Struggles in space and can be exploited in coverage
• May be naive and has lived a relatively sheltered life
• Might initially create some off-the-field distractions

A four-year starter for the Fighting Irish --- Became the most decorated college football player in history after winning the Dick Butkus Award (nation’s top linebacker), Bronko Nagurski Trophy (top defender), Walter Camp Award (player of the year), Lombardi Trophy (lineman or linebacker), Chuck Bednarik Award (top defender) and Maxwell Award (top player) while also finishing second in the Heisman Trophy voting as a senior.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingR ... ti-Teo.php

Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:07 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

cspooner13 wrote:

Same can be said about everyone who was ripped off by Madoff. Besides what does that have to do with his football ability?

Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:20 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Anti te' NO

Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:26 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Maybe Ireland will ask him if his girlfriend is a prostitute.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:29 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Dphins4me wrote:

They are certainly not taking him in the first round, but may be doing their due dilligence in the event that he somehow winds up there in the 2nd round.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
They are certainly not taking him in the first round, but may be doing their due dilligence in the event that he somehow winds up there in the 2nd round.
More what I was referring to, but still not sure they will.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:43 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
“I think Manti’s a good football player and we had 15 minutes with him at the Combine,” said Ireland, who did not get to meet with or see Te’o at the Senior Bowl because Te’o skipped the game. “I think he’s a good football player that’s going to be drafted and in that particular case I wanted to spend some time with him and kind of get to know a little bit more about the whole process he’s been through and how he’s handled it and how he’s moving forward.”

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... 2316d6cf90

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]