View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:56 pm



Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Phins Rock's 7 Round Miami Dolphins Mock 
Author Message
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: Phins Rock's 7 Round Miami Dolphins Mock
Mingo is listed as a DE so I included him. He probably won't be at the NFL level, but I chose to include him because that's where he played. I guarantee that Jordan, Ansah, Werner, Jones, Mingo and Carradine will go in the first round

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:56 am
Profile WWW
Online
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6452
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Phins Rock's 7 Round Miami Dolphins Mock
cspooner13 wrote:
Mingo is listed as a DE so I included him. He probably won't be at the NFL level, but I chose to include him because that's where he played. I guarantee that Jordan, Ansah, Werner, Jones, Mingo and Carradine will go in the first round



I agree they will too, but when I say the word 'DEEP' regarding any position, i'm generally talking about how good the depth is from rounds 1 through 4....the money rounds.

It's also why I say offensive tackle is not deep.
In contrast rounds 1 through 4 are loaded with corner, receiver and defensive tackle prospects.


Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:04 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: Phins Rock's 7 Round Miami Dolphins Mock
All of the players that I listed are going to be selected in the first four rounds. If we give Mingo the DE position that he was listed at, that makes 13, which is the exact number of DE's taken in last year's draft, so again, at least as deep as last year.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:45 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: Phins Rock's 7 Round Miami Dolphins Mock
There were 12 defensive ends selected in the first 100 picks in 2008, 10 taken in 2009, only 5 taken in 2010, 13 taken in 2011, and 11 taken last year. Again, historical data shows that this class is at least as deep as the classes before it, and much deeper than the 2010 draft.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:09 am
Profile WWW
Online
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6452
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Phins Rock's 7 Round Miami Dolphins Mock
cspooner13 wrote:
All of the players that I listed are going to be selected in the first four rounds. If we give Mingo the DE position that he was listed at, that makes 13, which is the exact number of DE's taken in last year's draft, so again, at least as deep as last year.



Those guys aren't all going in the top 4 rounds and only 7 or 8 of them are pure defensive ends.
The others are 34 OLB's
Jordan, Ansah, Werner, Datone Jones, Mingo, Carradine, Hunt, Moore,
Okafor, Lemonier will be drafted in rounds 1 thru 4.


Gholston, Mapongo and Bass are 5th thru 7th round guys.

But I only see 3 hand-in-the-dirt defensive ends that are top 40 worthy (Ansah, Werner, Jones)


Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:08 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: Phins Rock's 7 Round Miami Dolphins Mock
swerve13 wrote:
Those guys aren't all going in the top 4 rounds and only 7 or 8 of them are pure defensive ends.
The others are 34 OLB's
Jordan, Ansah, Werner, Datone Jones, Mingo, Carradine, Hunt, Moore,
Okafor, Lemonier will be drafted in rounds 1 thru 4.


Gholston, Mapongo and Bass are 5th thru 7th round guys.

But I only see 3 hand-in-the-dirt defensive ends that are top 40 worthy (Ansah, Werner, Jones)


I have my questions about Bass too, but I'm about 95% sure that Gholston and Mapongo will slip into the 4th round.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finhead34, Google [Bot], swerve13, Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.