View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Several Issues Facing the Dolphins Offense for 2013 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Several Issues Facing the Dolphins Offense for 2013
To me, is Lamar Miller ready to be the starter and has Tannehill grown from last year, are the biggest concerns that I have right now. I believe the LT/RT positions will be resolved by the preseason.

espn wrote:
Here are several issues for the Dolphins' offense:

* The Dolphins do not have a legit and proven left tackle. Miami lost four-time Pro Bowl left tackle Jake Long in free agency. Former second-round pick Jonathan Martin is a better fit on the right side and must get stronger to make the switch. Second-year quarterback Ryan Tannehill needs time to get the ball to his skill players. Miami’s offense won’t be effective if Tannehill is on his back. This is the top priority for the Dolphins in this week's NFL draft.

* Is tailback Lamar Miller ready to be a starter? Miami let go of Reggie Bush, who rushed for more than 2,000 yards the past two seasons. Miller is a 2012 fourth-round pick who showed flashes as a rookie with just 51 carries. He led the Dolphins with 4.9 yards per carry. However, can Miller carry the load with 200-250 carries this season? If Miami doesn't have a consistent running game, its offense will be one dimensional.

* Finally, will Miami quickly develop offensive chemistry? There a lot of new pieces. Players like Wallace, Keller and Gibson must come together immediately in the offseason. There is no time for a slow start if Miami wants the championship-caliber offense that Hartline mentioned.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... title-talk

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Several Issues Facing the Dolphins Offense for 2013
I think we will draft a RB for insurance and/or a push. QB is the biggest question right now and I believe he take a step forward. He was thrown in last year with a crappy offense and we still saw flashes.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:26 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Several Issues Facing the Dolphins Offense for 2013
It's not often that you're excited about a guy who completes less than 60% of his passes and throws more interceptions than touchdowns, but I really think that Tanny has a chance to be special if they can protect him. Left tackle is the biggest concern on this team and one that they HAVE to address if we want to be a real contender

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]