View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Miami and KC shelve trade talks until after 1st round 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Miami and KC shelve trade talks until after 1st round
This from Rotoworld.com.

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Dolphins and Chiefs have shelved talks for disgruntled LT Branden Albert until after both teams make their first-round picks.
Both Werder and NFL.com's Ian Rapoport hint there's a chance the Dolphins will trade up to select one of the draft's big-three tackles, so the Chiefs are rolling the dice. A desperate Jeff Ireland is capable of anything, so we wouldn't rule out a move up from No. 12 into the top-five. It is unlikely, however.
Related: Dolphins

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:53 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Miami and KC shelve trade talks until after 1st round
I think we all realize by now that Jeff Ireland needs to put together a good draft and for this team to win in 2013.

That said, every time Rotoworld.com post something Miami related, there always a comment about the desperate Jeff Ireland.

I hope Ireland really nails this draft and this team done well, not just because I am a Dolphin fan, but at this point I am just so tired of seeing Ireland continually get hammered.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:01 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:
I think we all realize by now that Jeff Ireland needs to put together a good draft and for this team to win in 2013.

That said, every time Rotoworld.com post something Miami related, there always a comment about the desperate Jeff Ireland.

I hope Ireland really nails this draft and this team done well, not just because I am a Dolphin fan, but at this point I am just so tired of seeing Ireland continually get hammered.

Who gives a flying **** what they say? They d*** ride off of anything they read and then throw a shot at the Dolphins it's a joke. Now I don't think that the report is true because I keep hearing abut the physical being done and the compensation with us just waiting on Albert

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:05 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

ag_fin_90 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Who gives a flying **** what they say? They d*** ride off of anything they read and then throw a shot at the Dolphins it's a joke. Now I don't think that the report is true because I keep hearing abut the physical being done and the compensation with us just waiting on Albert

I understand what you are saying, but it just pisses me off. Miami and KC are in a stare off in regards to compensation. KC wants #42 and Miami would be willing to give #54. Miami still has ALL the leverage right now, so we will see what KC does.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:11 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

I understand what you are saying, but it just pisses me off. Miami and KC are in a stare off in regards to compensation. KC wants #42 and Miami would be willing to give #54. Miami still has ALL the leverage right now, so we will see what KC does.

Albert has the leverage because he can cause some hell to KC after the pick to become a distraction

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:19 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I would love to see them draft a big playmaker, but I will totally understand if they go LT in the first round. I'll be happy either way, because I think with as many pics as they have early on, all the holes will get filled.

Go Dolphins!

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Albert can be pissed off, but he has no leverage as he has signed the Franchise Tag offer. Miami is willing to give him what he wants.

It up to KC to pull the trigger and take $54. They are hoping someone else steps up to the plate.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The Rotoworld guys are glorified fantasy football writers. Any analysis they give is suspect at best.

I think Ireland would prefer paying a rookie rather than guaranteed money to Albert, but the proven commodity element has to be intriguing.

If Miami has to give up 54 to move up and get Johnson or Joeckel they can always deal Bess and use that pick in a package to jump from 77 back into the end of the 2nd round.

Plenty of options here.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:31 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Just saw on NFL Network that talks have resumed between Miami and KC.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The ultimate game of chicken. I hope Miami sticks to giving only the 54th pick in the 2nd.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]