All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5619
Location: Houston, Texas
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3095/tyson-clabo

Now that the Branden Albert trade has cooled, the Dolphins are moving on to other options. They've looked at Bryant McKinnie and Eric Winston, and will now kick the tires on the best free-agent right tackle available in Clabo. We're still not sure this would solve the Dolphins' real problem -- keeping Jonathan Martin off Ryan Tannehill's blind side. Clabo is a power blocker with no NFL experience at left tackle, and would be a poor fit in Miami's zone scheme. Apr 30 - 12:21 PM
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5619
Location: Houston, Texas
I am all for Miami doing their due diligence on interviewing available offensive lineman, but IF the plan is Martin at Left Tackle, I am still super nervous about that move. Too many red flags that still need to be addressed on him holding that position down. First off his strength to keep up with the top pass rushers in the NFL and the edge speed rushers.....needless to say this could be a major concern if we swing and miss not going with another viable option.

Protecting the franchise QB should be a number one concern.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Tampa, FL
To me it seems like the plan is to start Martin at LT. The coaching staff has had an opportunity to see Martin since the offseason, and it appears that they do have some failth in his ability to hold down that spot.

I also think that they are bringing in vet OT's to compete for and backup the OT positions. Not sure if the starting RT is on the roster yet, but it really does seem like the opening day starting LT is.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:35 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
Finhead34 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3095/tyson-clabo

Now that the Branden Albert trade has cooled, the Dolphins are moving on to other options. They've looked at Bryant McKinnie and Eric Winston, and will now kick the tires on the best free-agent right tackle available in Clabo. We're still not sure this would solve the Dolphins' real problem -- keeping Jonathan Martin off Ryan Tannehill's blind side. Clabo is a power blocker with no NFL experience at left tackle, and would be a poor fit in Miami's zone scheme. Apr 30 - 12:21 PM
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter



What about Eugene Monroe? Has anybody heard any news from the Jaguars blogs?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:07 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Clabo isn't necessarily a scheme fit, but honestly at this point I just want a good pass protector who won't get Ryan killed. Clabo is my favorite of the bunch.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:39 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 2036
Phins Rock wrote:
Clabo isn't necessarily a scheme fit, but honestly at this point I just want a good pass protector who won't get Ryan killed. Clabo is my favorite of the bunch.


More than Winston?

Also, Winston Justice is now on his way for a visit as well. Don't know much about him... what does PFF say about him?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 25088
Location: Miami, FL
k-dash wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Clabo isn't necessarily a scheme fit, but honestly at this point I just want a good pass protector who won't get Ryan killed. Clabo is my favorite of the bunch.


More than Winston?

Also, Winston Justice is now on his way for a visit as well. Don't know much about him... what does PFF say about him?


Ranked one spot better than Jake Long but he's a right tackle.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:02 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1905
Location: Lakeland, Fl
I am beginning to wonder if Ireland is trying to spook KC in to lowering their price on Albert by bringing in McKinnie and Clabo. McKinnie is the poster child for everything Philbin can't stand and Clabo doesn't fit the blocking scheme.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:19 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
I will be shocked if McKinnie is the guy that they bring into the lineup. He's a good player, but not the kind of character then Philbin will stand for

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
bobby0112 wrote:
I am beginning to wonder if Ireland is trying to spook KC in to lowering their price on Albert by bringing in McKinnie and Clabo. McKinnie is the poster child for everything Philbin can't stand and Clabo doesn't fit the blocking scheme.


I think Ireland wants to let KC know that there are options available. I still think the Dolphins are very much interested in the trade for Albert. They just want to get him at their price.

Branden Albert makes the most sense to me, and giving up a 2nd round pick in 2014 would work for me.

I agree about McKinnie Chris. He is everything Philbin does not want on this extremely young football team.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r