View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Albert Deal Done? 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Albert Deal Done?
Coach Andy Reid said that if Branden Albert is still on the roster come Week 1, he will play left tackle and No. 1 pick Eric Fisher will play right tackle.
"Well, yeah, that’s right," Reid said in response to whether Albert will play the left side and rookie Eric Fisher the right. "I know [Albert]’s a good left tackle. So that gives us a whole lot of flexibility and if he was here today he would be the left tackle. And then we go from there and we just see what happens down the road." The Chiefs will still work to trade Albert for a 2014 draft pick this summer. Related: Eric FisherSource: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports May 2 - 9:53

I found it interesting that Reid said "IF" and not "WHEN". maybe i'm reading too deep into it but Ireland said he did have "tricks up his sleeve."
Personally I hope the trick is Eugene Monroe from the Jaguars!

Fri May 03, 2013 8:03 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Albert Deal Done?
The title of this thread seems a bit premature and misleading as I don't read it into Reid's comments that a deal is done. Albert the best to my knowledge just continues to be on the trading block until a deal comes together or else he will be on KC's roster this fall.

Fri May 03, 2013 10:10 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Until Miami signs an Eric Winston or Clabo, this deal is still very much alive in my eyes. Just a lot of posturing by both teams.

Fri May 03, 2013 1:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Until Miami signs an Eric Winston or Clabo, this deal is still very much alive in my eyes. Just a lot of posturing by both teams.

I agree and this could keep going on for awhile yet too. Hope Miami & Ireland prevails in the end and gets Albert for a next year's 3rd as that would be ideal.

Fri May 03, 2013 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]