View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 rookie expectations 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post rookie expectations
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-what-are-the-expectations-for-the-miami-dolphins-rookies-20130503,0,3614208.story

Omar actually has some good points here about tempering expectations for this year's rookie class in terms of immediate impact. I think we will probably only have 2 full time starters out of this year's class in year 1; one of the CBs and Sturgis. I think Jordan, Simms, Gilislee, another CB or 2, Jenkins and Thomas all have a good chance to contribute though, and some of them may well develop into starters in year 2. Of that group, I'd say Gilislee has the best chance to start this year. It seems a fair bet that at least one of the UDFAs will land a roster spot and contribute this year as well. My money would be on one of the WRs and maybe the kid at safety (Kovacs) I think with Jordan's injury rehab and position flexibility it's likely he'll be used situationally but not necessarily as a starter this year. And that won't be a bad thing... position competition is tougher now, because we have a more talented roster.

Sat May 04, 2013 9:45 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: rookie expectations
I think that all depends on how you define the word "start". Dion Jordan will be a starter, whether it be at OLB or DE. One of the corners will be a starter. Sturgis will be a starter. Dion Sims and the other corner won't be "starters" per se, but in today's NFL, you run so many packages with an extra TE and extra CB's that they may as well be starters. Gillislee will be a third down/change of pace back. I don't see Thomas starting this year unless it's due to injury. Same with Jones.

Sat May 04, 2013 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]