View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Would RB Ahmad Bradshaw be a good fit in Miami? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Would RB Ahmad Bradshaw be a good fit in Miami?
Pro Football Focus wrote:
Ahmad Bradshaw, HB

Clearly the only real issue with Bradshaw is health because when he is on the field he’s a superb player. He excels at every single facet of play and in particular is as good a pass-protecting back as there is. He was kept in to block a huge 170 times by the Giants last year in an attempt to again prop up their O-line deficiencies. That said, he’s also not only a good runner but an excellent receiver as well – not dropping a single pass and breaking nine tackles on only 23 receptions.

A screw in your foot is not going to win you many supporters, but if the deal is right, Bradshaw would be a clear upgrade for a number of teams even if his role was only limited to back-up or third downs.

Best Fits- Miami and St. Louis

I still have concerns about the running back situation at both these teams. The Dolphins will likely open with Daniel Thomas as the starter — although, overall, I prefer Lamar Miller — and none have any skill in pass protection which may be something to consider if Jonathan Martin doesn’t improve at left tackle. Also color me one of the least-impressed people by Daryl Richardson’s 300+ snaps last year. Of course he showed flashes, but highlights don’t win games and if he can’t step up from his three fumbles and poor work in the passing game what’s to say Isaiah Pead, after his totally lackluster rookie year, can?

Remuneration

The $2.5M given to Rashard Mendehall, a player who also has had injury issues, seems fair.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ay-8-2013/

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sun May 12, 2013 8:49 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Would RB Ahmad Bradshaw be a good fit in Miami?
Doesn't Bradshaw fumble a lot? I think from what I have seen of him he is a very good running back, but those turnovers and inability to hang on to the football can kill a team as well.

I didn't look up his fumble ratio, but I am guessing that is why Coughlin doesn't want him back in NY.

Sun May 12, 2013 9:18 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Tell you who I would love to still sign. OG Brandon Moore. He is a very good OG, and at this point you will definitely be able to get him on a team friendly contract.

Sun May 12, 2013 9:29 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We've invested several picks in runningbacks over the past three years. I think the group of Miller, Thomas, Gillislee, and Thigpen will be more than enough to carry the load.

Sun May 12, 2013 2:02 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He gets pouty when things aren't going his way. Too moody for me.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sun May 12, 2013 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

NO! He would take away carries from Lamar Miller....

Sun May 12, 2013 3:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'm confused...I thought the consensus starter going into camp was Lamar Miller...I hope to god that Thomas does not start, I guess training camp will be the true indicator.

Sun May 12, 2013 3:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I'm confused...I thought the consensus starter going into camp was Lamar Miller...I hope to god that Thomas does not start, I guess training camp will be the true indicator.

While I think Lamar Miller will eventually take over as the feature back, there is a good chance that in the early going he will be splitting carries with Thomas. I'm hoping that Miller AND Gillislee both seperate themselves early on in the process and wind up being our one-two punch this year.

Mon May 13, 2013 11:09 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I'd rather see what Miller can do first. In the Zone-blocking running scheme, the system can make a running back, vs a Rb making the offense...

Tue May 14, 2013 12:49 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

I'm with you on this. I thought Miller is being given every opportunity to start with the possibility of Thomas sharing some carries

Tue May 14, 2013 2:24 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Gillislee has the same skill set Bradshaw has, minus the fumbling. At this point, I'm happy with the running backs we have. It's gonna be a heated battle between Gillislee and Miller for the starting role. Gillislee is a lot better than people let on.

Tue May 14, 2013 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]