View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Pro Interviews: rookie CB Jamar Taylor Interview 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Pro Interviews: rookie CB Jamar Taylor Interview
This is actually a very good interview with Jamar Taylor.

Quote:
Strauss : What was your whole Draft weekend like?

Taylor : My agent thought I was going to go on Thursday. It was kind of frustrating when it ended that day, but I had great support from my family, my agent, and my girlfriend.

We woke up on Friday and said today is going to be a better day. Some teams called and said they were going to get me, and then, they passed on me. I was getting frustrated, but next thing I knew, my phone was ringing. It was a blessing from God for the Dolphins and Jeff Ireland to give me a chance to come down there. It was like I got the monkey off my back.

The Rest of the Interview

Mon May 27, 2013 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Re: Pro Interviews: rookie CB Jamar Taylor Interview
Thank you so much for sharing!!! :yay:

Mon May 27, 2013 10:16 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dave, you see the size of Jamar Taylor for a corner? He isn't the tallest we have had, but this guy is built thick and he is very agile to go with it.

Mon May 27, 2013 10:25 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Finhead34 wrote:
Dave, you see the size of Jamar Taylor for a corner? He isn't the tallest we have had, but this guy is built thick and he is very agile to go with it.

He's the same height as almost every corner Jeff Ireland has signed or drafted. 5'11.

Will Davis, Marshall, Vontae, Carroll, Patterson, Wilson, Grimes are all 5'11 or under.

Sean Smith is the only CB I remember getting that was over 6 feet.

Mon May 27, 2013 10:29 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

He's the same height as almost every corner Jeff Ireland has signed or drafted. 5'11.

Your right PR, I was really referring more towards how Taylor is built so thick.

Mon May 27, 2013 10:31 am

Finhead34 wrote:

Your right PR, I was really referring more towards how Taylor is built so thick.

Yeah. With the exception of Vontae, he's definitely one of the thickest.

Mon May 27, 2013 10:36 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phins Rock wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

Will Davis, Marshall, Vontae, Carroll, Patterson, Wilson, Grimes are all 5'11 or under.

I was excited that we drafted Sean Smith and was thinking that Parcells was going to reshape the way the NFL looks at cornerbacks. After seeing him struggle with the smaller and faster receivers, now we see why this size is blueprint for cornerbacks.

Mon May 27, 2013 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I was impressed with his answer to this question. I don't really see him starting right off the bat though. I think our zone coverage schemes are a bit complex and he will need time to get comfortable with it.

Quote:
Strauss : You’re expected to contribute immediately for the Dolphins. What are your expectations?

Taylor : My plan is to come in and learn and pick all the coaches brains until they get sick of me. Just try to learn as much as I can about the NFL, because it’s so much different game than college. At the same time, I just want to have fun and make plays. Sometimes, a lot of people over-think it, but I just want to come in, learn, and ball-out to help my team win.

Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Big Dave wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

I was excited that we drafted Sean Smith and was thinking that Parcells was going to reshape the way the NFL looks at cornerbacks. After seeing him struggle with the smaller and faster receivers, now we see why this size is blueprint for cornerbacks.

the seahawks are doing something right though.

Mon May 27, 2013 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]