View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Secret Superstar: Chris Clemons 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Secret Superstar: Chris Clemons
Quote:
Michael Renner | May 29, 2013 ...

While Jones got much the attention with his four interceptions, Clemons steadily put together a rock solid season that flew under the radar. Clemons wasn’t flashy, but he did what his job description called for and that was to patrol the deep zone and limit big plays. His +7.3 combined run and pass grade on 1,120 snaps was good enough to make him the Miami Dolphins Secret Superstar. ...

Even though he enjoyed a successful season as the starter, Clemons still left a lot to be desired. His ball hawking skills on the back end were still subpar. Clemons had two picks (both off Mark Sanchez) and one pass defended. While he has the speed to cap the defense, he rarely used that speed to make plays on the ball. This will be his biggest obstacle moving forward on the path to being a not so secret superstar. ...

The safeties clearly weren’t the reason the Dolphins gave up the sixth-most passing yards last season. Of the 3,974 yards Miami allowed through the air, PFF only attributed 465 to Jones and Clemons. General Manager Jeff Ireland realized that this offseason and picked up cornerbacks Jamar Taylor and Will Davis in the in the second and third rounds. With such a young corps in the secondary, I would expect the almost 250 passing yards per game they allowed in 2012 to decline considerably in 2013 and the development of their Secret Superstar could be a big reason why.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... s-clemons/

Wed May 29, 2013 6:04 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Re: Secret Superstar: Chris Clemons
Thnaks for posting these. Cant wait for Clemons to get his hands on Brady

Wed May 29, 2013 1:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Secret Superstar: Chris Clemons
I've never been a big fan of Clemons. I think he's far too slow to react and read plays. At least once or twice a game he seems to hang his corner out to dry.

In fact, I actually wanted to see us draft some competition for him this season. I think he's a marginal player at best. While he's young and could still prove me wrong if he takes a step forward this year, I just don't see it happening.

Wed May 29, 2013 7:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]