View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins OTAs: Defense dominates 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins OTAs: Defense dominates
Quote:
DAVIE, Fla. -- The new-look Miami Dolphins held another practice this week that was open to the media. The AFC East blog was live in attendance to catch all of the action.

Here are some notes and observations from Wednesday's practice: ...

"It looked like the defense had the upper hand. ... I saw Ryan before I came down as I stepped off the elevator and he said, ‘Well, it wasn’t one of our better days,'" coach Joe Philbin said.
Last week it was receiver Armon Binns. This week, the star receiver was Rishard Matthews. The 2012 seventh-round draft pick had three touchdowns in team drills, including two nice catches in the red zone. Matthews is trying to make a crowded roster at wide receiver. He caught just 11 passes for 151 yards last season but made a good impression on Wednesday.
Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes said his Achilles feels fine and he doesn’t have any mental hurdles with his return. ...

Receiver Brandon Gibson remains a work in progress playing in the slot. He mostly played outside at receiver with the St. Louis Rams, ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... -dominates

Wed May 29, 2013 4:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Miami Dolphins OTAs: Defense dominates
Nice to hear Matthews is developing nicely. Hopefully he can take a big step forward this year and contribute on a more consistent basis. If Gibson isn't careful Matthews might eventually take the slot job.

Wed May 29, 2013 7:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Miami Dolphins OTAs: Defense dominates
Again, I still don't understand why Gibson is here trying to man the slot. He played less than 12% of his snaps on the Rams at that position.

Wed May 29, 2013 7:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]