View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Dolphin WR needs 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Dolphin WR needs
I have been reading a lot about how everyone thinks that WR is a huge need for us. I am here to debate that it isn't. My argument:

1) Dan Henning - is a very conservative play caller who prefers to pound the rock into the endzone. His passing scheme is filled with curls, deep ins, outs, and dig routes over the middle. Most of the time he uses lame butt formations to try and fool a defense whose already got 8 or 9 man defensive fronts. Last time I checked you spread them out not use double TE and overload the line.

2) QB/WR relationship- Henne was just starting to flow with the offensive unit. He has to be allowed time to develop that relationship with his WR and TE. Once he does, he will put the ball in places where his teammates will be able to make plays.

3) QB/Dan Henning/WR Relationship - I believe Henne could have done more and so could the WR but they were never trusted by Henning to do so. Most of the receivers receptions came with them running back to the QB or facing the QB. I think that Henning undervalued the offensive unit and never put them in positions to make plays.

4) Since this regime has taken over we have and always will be a run first and run some more team. We will never get better unless the philosophy of this team changes. In other words, what's the sense in having a Randy Moss if your main offense is the wishbone triple option. FO needs to determine the identity of the team first and foremost before doing anything else.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphin WR needs
Incorrect. You must have a minimum of a 90 rating in Madden at every position in order to be a Super Bowl contender.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:51 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Iowafin wrote:
Incorrect. You must have a minimum of a 90 rating in Madden at every position in order to be a Super Bowl contender.

:hithead: :)

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:01 pm
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host

Davone Bess (2)
Ted Ginn (1)
Brian Hartline (3)

Ted Ginn (2)
Greg Camarillo (2)
Davone Bess (1)

That is the number of touchdown passes by the Dolphins wide receivers from 2009 & 2008. While I agree with you assessment in regards to Dan Henning, there is no way that 5 touchdowns per season from the WR core, the so called playmakers is acceptable, I don't care how conservative your play calling is.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:05 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Quote:
Davone Bess (2)
Ted Ginn (1)
Brian Hartline (3)

Ted Ginn (2)
Greg Camarillo (2)
Davone Bess (1)

That is the number of touchdown passes by the Dolphins wide receivers from 2009 & 2008. While I agree with you assessment in regards to Dan Henning, there is no way that 5 touchdowns per season from the WR core, the so called playmakers is acceptable, I don't care how conservative your play calling is.

:awe: thank you glade some body said it that S--- is unacceptable even in Highschool football

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Re: Dolphin WR needs
Hate to admit now but.....maybe a (wr) at 12 is not so good.....I know I have been saying Dez Dez Dez but lets face it we havent had the best of luck with 1st round (wr) sure Ginn shows up as often as my wifes (AUNT FLOW) not good enough and Chambers had bout 1/2 seasons and that was it he did make the Prow Bowl the 1 year then fell off.....and before that the talents of Y.Green which we only seen in a few pre-seasons games before his knees gave out it just seams as if we have the (wr) curse on us. Wait did we get O.J Mcduffy in the 1 or 2? any way we seem to be under the Marks Brothers spell.....some one call Duper and Clayton and tell them to reverse the curse.......PLEASE before we lose anymore good (wr).....lol

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:16 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

phinsfansc wrote:
... there is no way that 5 touchdowns per season from the WR core, the so called playmakers is acceptable, I don't care how conservative your play calling is.

Yes, I agree with you a 1,000,000%, but as I said when it gets down to the goaline area Henning has always pounded and pounded and pounded the ball into the endzone. Or tried to anyway. I think that if you took a close look into the red zone efficiency most of the TD passes in the last two years went to Fasano, Haynos, then Martin. While I agree with you, I think Henning has always had a penchant to use the TE down in the goaline area. Case in point....Sperry's first game, first play with the dolphins was a red zone TD.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]