View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Jets!! Grrrr 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Jets!! Grrrr
How are the phins letting the jets do everything they can to make they're team the best in our division and sit back and watch... it seems like the jets want a championship and our phins dont wana do anything this is very upsetting.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:07 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Jets!! Grrrr
The Jets are the Champions of April. Or have you forgotten?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:21 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Yea i no but i just hate the jets and every sneaky move they make.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:29 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Auguste88 wrote:
Yea i no but i just hate the jets and every sneaky move they make.

Actually it's not so sneaky. Ireland has the same opportunities in front of him.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:07 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Last time I checked puttiing names on the backs of jerseys doesnt win championships....

Show me a team in the last 10 years that went out throwing money around in FA that followed with a championship.....

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:19 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

In 1995 there was a team that made a huge splash in the offseason. They ended up with a whole basketful of 1st round draft picks on the team and many considered them front runners for the Superbowl. They ended up 8-8, in 4th place in their division and their head coach was pushed into retirement. The team was the Dolphins, the coach was Don Shula and I'm not convinced the Jets are going to the superbowl just yet.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Its not that I believe the Jets are going to the Superbowl (although they were one game away this year without Holmes or JT and having a rookie qb), its the fact that, as Dave states, Ireland has the same opportunities before him. Why have we done nothing to shore up our receiving corp yet? Unless we by miracle draft someone that turns out, we are in serious trouble. I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but I wonder if at the end of all this we will be left saying "I thought we could trust our front office, I thought they had a plan, I mean it was obvious we needed to get Henne some help, but instead they did nothing." Don't be surprised if that's the case. The way our luck has gone with the last 4 coaches/Gm, the norm has become incompetence. Like I said, I don't want to be an alarmist, call it a trigger response though. I hope and expect that Parcells and co. will do a better job.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:22 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Re: Jets!! Grrrr
Its just hard to sit back and watch other teams we face make moves in the off season at postion that we need help in (i.e) wr the jets got Holmes the ravens got Bolden and we didnt get anybody so far. I will say that we need a (1) wr and Holmes is not it just a better Ginn but thought we should have went after Bolden a little harder....then the Tuna and company prob no better than we do about what they feel we need in free agents and the draft.....I hope

Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:34 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Im not sayn that they will win im sayn that they are doing something and our teams not doing sh#t. They are doing everything they can to compete and we aren't. darn jets!! :jests:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Auguste88 wrote:
Im not sayn that they will win im sayn that they are doing something and our teams not doing sh#t. They are doing everything they can to compete and we aren't. darn jets!! :jests:

Last I checked Miami had a terrible defensive coordinator and a lack of a playmaking ILB. So Miami dumped their DC, signed one of the best in Nolan and then signed the best FA LB out there.

No doing sh#t? Ok.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:40 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

I agree with Hypo and iowa.....This has the potential to be an asbolute steal for the Jets. It also has the potential to turn out very ugly.

In any case, the Jets have done the same thing for 3 off seasons in a row, and it hasn't really produced. Once/If all these moves start paying off, than I'll bow down in fear. As of right now they are a team with a bunch of trouble makers in that locker room, with TONS of salary cap problems looming for 2011 and beyond, and who have not beaten us since September 2008.

I do feel bad for every Dolphin fan living up in NY right now as those jet fans are probably cocky and abnoxious beyond belief.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:02 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I can understand everyone's frustration with the whole thing. I really hate to see some names just start flying around our division like nothing. Yes, the Jets on paper, are making a strong case for a very solid team. The thing to remember is they will certainly have a lot of issues in the near future with contracts and ego's i can guarantee it like next years taxes.

I believe our front office is doing the right thing. Slow growth, young developing talent, with a good mix of not so aged vets. It makes good sense when you are trying to build a dynasty not a one year flash in the pan. Patriots, Colts, Saints, Cowboys, Giants most of these teams made slow gradual changes to become perennial teams in the league.

Not saying the FO is filled with genius but, IMO, I think this is the route to take if we want to compete for the League Championship year in and year out.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:22 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

People deluding themselves into thinking the Jets aren't a force to be reckoned with now more than ever are simply burrying their heads in the sand. Yes their record last year wasn't great, but they turned things around and finished strong, 1 game away from the Super Bowl. Thats more than the Bills, Phins and even the Patriots can say. They have improved themselves by adding depth to their secondary, rushing, receiving corps, and possibly OLB (if they get JT). Remember they still have yet to draft, and Sanchez will now have a year of experience to improve from and the necessary tools around him to help him excel. I don't see how this doesn't come as disturbing news to some of you? I'm not crowning them jack squat here, they still have to play the games, but to discount these moves as unimportant or non-threatening to the Phins, its just plain ludicrous. Sure they have some strong personalities up there, but thats not to say they won't be successful.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:27 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Phin wrote:
People deluding themselves into thinking the Jets aren't a force to be reckoned with now more than ever are simply burrying their heads in the sand. Yes their record last year wasn't great, but they turned things around and finished strong, 1 game away from the Super Bowl. Thats more than the Bills, Phins and even the Patriots can say. They have improved themselves by adding depth to their secondary, rushing, receiving corps, and possibly OLB (if they get JT). Remember they still have yet to draft, and Sanchez will now have a year of experience to improve from and the necessary tools around him to help him excel. I don't see how this doesn't come as disturbing news to some of you? I'm not crowning them jack squat here, they still have to play the games, but to discount these moves as unimportant or non-threatening to the Phins, its just plain ludicrous. Sure they have some strong personalities up there, but thats not to say they won't be successful.

I agree Phin. These moves show a lot of aggressiveness from the Jets FO. It shows that they are committed to winning and winning right now. I just think the moves they made aren't long term. I think that they are a little premature in their aggression in FA because of the CBA or lack thereof. IMHO these are short term answers. Rex Ryan will turn out like Eric Mangini in a few years.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:52 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Phins Rock wrote:
I agree with Hypo and iowa.....This has the potential to be an asbolute steal for the Jets. It also has the potential to turn out very ugly.

In any case, the Jets have done the same thing for 3 off seasons in a row, and it hasn't really produced. Once/If all these moves start paying off, than I'll bow down in fear. As of right now they are a team with a bunch of trouble makers in that locker room, with TONS of salary cap problems looming for 2011 and beyond, and who have not beaten us since September 2008.

I do feel bad for every Dolphin fan living up in NY right now as those jet fans are probably cocky and abnoxious beyond belief.

Lol thanks... but they're always cocky and obnoxious... really no different than any other day lol.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:13 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:

Your right about the jets fans up here u would think they just won the super bowl the way the guys were talking at work today :jests:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:48 pm

If it turns out very ugly it only cost them a #5. If it works out well for them they will resign him & have a 26 year old very good receiver.
Like I said , this guy has 12 games to show he turned his ways around , if not his career is over.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

What is with the love affair with Boldin? He is an over 30 injury prone reciever. Why trade for him?

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yep....those Jets made a bunch of moves last year and what did it get them.....oh, that's right, a trip to the AFC Championship game. I am a big Dolphins fan, but I do realize that we didn't make the playoffs and the Jets went deep into the playoffs.....how can anyone possibly make an honest statement that the Jets have not met some success with their offseason moves? This year, on paper anyway, it looks as if they improved even more in the offseason than they did last year.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]