View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Team Preview - Dolphins 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Team Preview - Dolphins

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Good afternoon Phin fans! Here's my season preview for you guys. Good luck this year!

Enjoy!

Em

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:08 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Re: Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Team Preview - Dolphins
Good stuff Em....Thanks for stopping by.

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:28 pm
Profile YIM
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

3rd in the East????
whatchu talkin bout Willis!!!
This team is loaded with talent.

They''ll very easily be 2nd in the East with 8 to 10 wins. The Jets and Bills will be floating around 4 to 6 wins.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:44 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

With the way off seasons for teams have gone so far there is no reason why we cannot win this division.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:29 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
3rd in the East????

They''ll very easily be 2nd in the East with 8 to 10 wins. The Jets and Bills will be floating around 4 to 6 wins.

I can't watch the video right now. But I gotta know, who are they predicting us to finish behind...??? The Jests? The Bills??

Really???

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

degs wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
3rd in the East????

I can't watch the video right now. But I gotta know, who are they predicting us to finish behind...??? The Jests? The Bills??

Really???

He has the Bills actually winning the division...I love this dude's work, but this is probably the only time I have really questioned him lol. No one...NO ONE will bet any money on that prediction.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
degs wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
3rd in the East????

Really???

He has the Bills actually winning the division...I love this dude's work, but this is probably the only time I have really questioned him lol. No one...NO ONE will bet any money on that prediction.

his mock draft was a joke as well. I can't get on board with him.
The Bills? Really? My friends are Bills fans and they think they're gonna finish in the crapper.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:14 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Thanks for the work Em

I like outside perspective, regardless of how its viewed.

This team needs to win at least 10 games, I cant find one single excuse at this point that will change that opinion. I could care less who finishes where, if the Bills win 13, the Pats win 12 and we finish with 10 - 11 I will still be happy...

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:00 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I've never been a fan of this guy's mock drafts but I can't disagree with his summary here (its not like we haven't heard it 1000 times already).

As Tannehill goes so go the Dolphins. He has shown promise, improvement and looks to be the part. But there is nothing to guarantee he won't flop or defenses won't be able to adjust to him after watching film. The one comment I liked about him was from O. Kelly. He said Tannehill needs to use the checkdown more but that is easier to teach than having a checkdown artist be willing to take a shot down field. No names need to be mentioned.

We still don't know if Philbin is an offensive wizard or if Sherman will be a quality OC. If they get consistently outcoached this team will not win.

Martin is a big question mark at left tackle and John Jerry appears to be the same ol same ol at right guard.

Brent Grimes is better than any CB Miami employed in the last five years. But after him there isn't much that goes beyond hope.

This is already a novel but I think you guys understand the point. I have high hopes but modest expectations. I don't think its crazy to predict a 3rd place finish for Miami given all of the question marks.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:36 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
I have high hopes but modest expectations. I don't think its crazy to predict a 3rd place finish for Miami given all of the question marks.

I agree about having high hopes and modest expectations. There are still a number of question marks surrounding the team.

However, my questioning of the 3rd place tag isn't around the Dolphins. Modest expectations will still put the Dolphins 2-3 games ahead of the Bills and Jests imo.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finishing 3rd behind NE and Buffalo seems crazy to me. But he is right, Miami will go as far as Tannehill takes them. I'm looking for Tannehill to do a much better job converting 3rd downs and not forcing passes into coverage. He needs to be better on his accuracy too. The bottom line for Tannehill will be producing more TD's and less interceptions. I can see Miami sweeping Buffalo and the Jets and splitting with NE. That is 5 wins. If they can get to 11 or 12 wins for the season they should win the division.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:08 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I understand the concerns bought up for the most part. I do disagree with the concerns on Tyson Clabo, as I think he was an excellent pickup for the Dolphins. Jonathan Martin is the BIG key for me, as he has to step up at OLT.

There is a lot of young personnel that will be in the secondary, but they are talented young kids and I think the Dolphins will find the players that can step up and make plays. The secondary will be better, as I think the Dolphins pass rush will be better.

Ryan Tannehill with out question has to take the next step in his growth and development. Miami did a great job of surrounding him with talent. Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson, Brian Hartline give the Dolphins a solid WR corp and a player in Wallace that can take the top off a defense. Dustin Keller gives the Dolphins a dangerous player at TE as well.

I hope and believe the Dolphins will sign Vontae Leach, which would give them a sledgehammer of a FB and enhance what I believe will be a solid run game featuring Lamar Miller.

Once again, I do see the concerns for this very young football team. With that said, 3rd place would be a HUGE disappointment.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:00 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

degs wrote:
However, my questioning of the 3rd place tag isn't around the Dolphins. Modest expectations will still put the Dolphins 2-3 games ahead of the Bills and Jests imo.

Well, I said it wasn't crazy but I'm definitely more in line with your thinking. I do not think Miami will be a 3rd place team this year, but I guess it could happen if Tannehill is a complete flop or injuries decimate the roster.

The Jets will be a disaster. They just have the perfect storm of things that can go wrong.

Kevin Kolb could be a decent starting QB for Buffalo...well decent at best. EJ Manuel might also provide some good play if he wins the job. I could see Buffalo being slightly behind where Miami was last season.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]