View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:24 pm



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Rookie TE Dion Sims has passed Egnew on the depth chart 
Author Message
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9177
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Rookie TE Dion Sims has passed Egnew on the depth chart
Armando Salguero wrote:
At tight end it was Charles Clay and Dion Sims behind Keller today. Michael Egnew was on the far field working with the third and fourth-team offense. So much for him having a great offseason. A rookie has already passed him, apparently.


Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3462
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Rookie TE Dion Sims has passed Egnew on the depth chart
Not good at all for Egnew.

_________________
Image


Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5725
Post Re: Rookie TE Dion Sims has passed Egnew on the depth chart
But, but, but Egnew was doin' tha UFC fightz in da offseasonz!

_________________
Image


Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:48 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1263
Post Re: Rookie TE Dion Sims has passed Egnew on the depth chart
Jeff Ireland's track record with second and third round picks is not good. If the Dolphins have another season like the past four, you can bet he's out the door.

_________________
Image


Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Rookie TE Dion Sims has passed Egnew on the depth chart
I know people wanted to buy the hype, but I'd be surprised to see him make the team.

He's just not a football player.


Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:37 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4642
Post Re: Rookie TE Dion Sims has passed Egnew on the depth chart
Phins Rock wrote:
I know people wanted to buy the hype, but I'd be surprised to see him make the team.

He's just not a football player.

Something Ireland should have known, before over drafting him.


Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:56 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Post Re: Rookie TE Dion Sims has passed Egnew on the depth chart
Trade him to Cleveland? Lol

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:26 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21757
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Rookie TE Dion Sims has passed Egnew on the depth chart
Olivier Vernon sacked Tannehill by beating some guy named Mike Adams.

I guess Jonathan Martin won't make the team.

_________________
Image


Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:58 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9177
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Rookie TE Dion Sims has passed Egnew on the depth chart
Dphins4me wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I know people wanted to buy the hype, but I'd be surprised to see him make the team.

He's just not a football player.

Something Ireland should have known, before over drafting him.



I think more than one team was mesmerized by his athletic talent. GMs get into trouble when they draft "potential". I'd rather look at what a player did at the collegiate level against top competition rather than an eye-popping workout after their college careers. I don't think he should last past the first preseason game if he just doesn't have it.

I'm starting to think Charles Clay is never going to be the star that Ireland thought he would be either. He has flashes of brilliance, but is so inconsistent. I'm holding out hope that 2013 is that year that he turns it on.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:38 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4642
Post Re: Rookie TE Dion Sims has passed Egnew on the depth chart
Big Dave wrote:

I think more than one team was mesmerized by his athletic talent. GMs get into trouble when they draft "potential". I'd rather look at what a player did at the collegiate level against top competition rather than an eye-popping workout after their college careers. I don't think he should last past the first preseason game if he just doesn't have it.
Are you suggesting the combine & private workouts are meaningless?

Big Dave wrote:
I'm starting to think Charles Clay is never going to be the star that Ireland thought he would be either. He has flashes of brilliance, but is so inconsistent. I'm holding out hope that 2013 is that year that he turns it on.
I was also disappointed in what Clay did last year.


Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:06 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SkyHigh314 and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.