View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Lamar Miller on Fantasy; reaching 1,500 yards - NFL Network 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Lamar Miller on Fantasy; reaching 1,500 yards - NFL Network
Quote:
There are NFL players with decent fantasy football buzz this season, and then there is Lamar Miller. The presumptive Miami Dolphins starting running back is The Guy among fans looking for a breakout player. Miller knows it.

"I hear a lot of fans talking about their fantasy teams," Miller told the crew on NFL Network's "NFL Fantasy Live" on Tuesday. "I'm really not trying to pay too much attention to it. I'm just trying to do whatever's best to help this team win, put points on the scoreboard."

Being the fantasy "it" guy for an offseason can be precarious. For every trendy fantasy breakout that happens -- remember Matt Forte in 2008? -- there are guys like Ryan Mathews or Kevan Barlow, broken down on the side of the fantasy football sleeper highway. Miller knows exactly what to say to get the folks overexcited.

"My goal is 1,500 (yards)," Miller said. "We have great offensive linemen, so hopefully we can get the job done. I'm aiming for 1,500."

That sounds like a stretch, but those aren't the words of a guy worried about competition on his own team (like, say, Daniel Thomas). Our guy Chris Wesseling has been driving the Miller bandwagon all offseason, and it's not too late to jump aboard.

The NFL.com draft guide indicates Miller still isn't going in the top-50 fantasy picks, which means he's still being taken too late.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... rush-yards

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Lamar Miller on Fantasy; reaching 1,500 yards - NFL Network
Quote:
---I love what second-year player Lamar Miller brings to the Miami offense. He is explosive at a time when backs need to be. He is the type of runner who can rip off those 40-yard runs that you need nowadays in the current style of play. Yes, he's an air back. But when I told Miller that, he had a blank look on his face. "I want to be a complete back," he said. I then told him that air backs are the wave, those types of players who can rip off 65-yard runs. He still looked perplexed. "I want to be able to do it all," he said. I look for Miller to have a 1,400-yard season with a lot of big runs. He should be a high pick in fantasy. He's also going to be used a lot more as a back out of the backfield. And he showed some good things catching the football during the work I watched. The one thing he does have to improve on is his blitz pickups.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete- ... servations

Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I helped my friend steal Miller with the 60 + pick in his fantasy draft...hopefully the steal of the season. I know he won't slip that far (or any far at all) on the PhinFever league though lol.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:42 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

I said this a month ago. Fantasy gold. You win league's with values like this.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:14 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Michael Fabiano- NFL.com Fantasy Mailbag:

In what round should I draft Lamar Miller? - C. Burns (via Facebook)

M.F.: His average draft position on NFL.com is Round 6, but I'm expecting that to rise as the hype surrounding his potential fantasy value increases. He has everything to his advantage - Miller has tons of upside in an offense that will utilize him as a feature runner. He comes from Miami (FL), which has produced more than its share of talented running backs. That list includes Frank Gore, who worked out with Miller in the offseason and compared him to Clinton Portis. The second-year back also has the most favorable schedule at his position based on fantasy points. Once we get closer to the end of August, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Miller drafted in the fourth or fifth round.

I didn't know the part about "the most favorable schedule at his position based on fantasy points".

Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:50 am
Profile WWW

of course he's going to rise, these fantasy gurus never shut up about him. LOL
I've been playing fantasy for 20 years and it's become impossible to keep a sleeper a secret anymore entering draft day. Players use to have to do their own research and projections but now it's all done for them with the dozens of magazines on every shelf and fantasy specials every day on NFL network.

Anyway the jig is up on Lamar Miller. So much for staying low on the radar.
Maybe I can still steal David Wilson in the mid rounds.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:18 am

Miller update:

Quote:
The Miami Herald confirms Lamar Miller has "done nothing to lose his firm grasp" on the Dolphins' starting tailback job so far in camp.
Alleged "competitor" Daniel Thomas fumbled in Saturday's practice, which is a recurring theme in Fumbling Dan's career. Meanwhile, Miller broke off two 20-plus-yard runs and added a 15-yard gain on a wheel route from Ryan Tannehill. One of the best aspects of Miller's fantasy outlook is he has no real competition.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:23 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Don't tell anyone but I'm going to draft him in the 3rd round of my 10-team league...

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]