View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Wake is a Freak 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Wake is a Freak
http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/7/29/4 ... meron-wake

Quote:
"I know running with the D-line is where I'm supposed to be, but in my mind, I can keep up with Mike Wallace," Wake told Salguero. "So I ran the test with the DBs and passed."

Again, Cameron Wake is a freak.

"When I was with Atlanta." cornerback Brent Grimes said, "we played the Dolphins a couple of times in the preseason and everybody will tell you he's a beast off the edge. Now watching him myself from being here, not just on the field but working out, he's a special player."

Wake told Salguero he thinks he should have had six more sacks last year, when he tallied a career high 15, the fourth highest total in the league. Wake looks at the game film, and sees those missed sacks, knowing if he were just a little faster, he would have gotten to the quarterback. And, that's driving him to be even better this year.

"I don't look at the sacks and pat myself on the back," Wake says. "I look at the missed sacks, the penalties, the missed tackles. I look at the things I didn't do well so I can say, ‘Well, on that play I have to read something better or recognize a formation quicker or communicate better.'

"I don't watch my sacks to think about how fast I beat somebody. I look at the times I didn't get my hand on the quarterback."

Cameron Wake is a freak. Thank goodness he's a Miami Dolphins freak.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Wake is a Freak
Seems similar to an article already posted on here which would make sense in that they are quoting Armando Salguero extensively.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9360

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:43 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Wake is a Freak
Quote:
By far the most under rated defensive player in the league. If you look at his stats over the last three years Wake is in a league all by himself when you look at sacks, hurries, hits, holding calls against. Sacks are not the end all be all when it comes to pass rushers. It’s all about disrupting the quarterback and in the NFL there isn’t anyone that does that better than Mr. Cameron Derek Wake!!! He is all day long a top 15-20 player in this league. JJ Watt is an amazing player and for a 3-4 defensive end to put up the numbers he does is incredible, but Wake does his job just as well and him and anyone else. I didn’t even bother to continue watching the top 100 player countdown after they had Wake listed where he was. Complete joke and NFL Network should be ashamed of themselves

from a Dolphin fan. Well said.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]