View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 I was at the scrimmage tonight! 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post I was at the scrimmage tonight!
Go Dolphins!

I was at the scrimmage tonight and I have to freely admit that my happiness overcame me. I was in the Moore, Oklahoma Tornadoes and my Wife and I got lucky that we could still take this trip. If it wasn’t for some really amazing families it would not have happened. I’ve been the past three years to Florida during this time to watch the preseason scrimmages and this by far was the best. I was most impressed with the 2nd and 3rd stringers performing better than I can remember the other 2nd and 3rd stringers of the past. The 2nd stringers today on offense could have started two years ago I think. Some of you I know disagree, especially Rotoworld….but I really had fun tonight, and was impressed how the players interacted with the fans. I’m keeping my wife up, but she knows I’m excited!

:yay:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:27 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: I was at the scrimmage tonight!
That's awesome. Glad you had fun,more details on the game please!!!

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:26 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Congratulations. Really glad you got to attend. Besides the improvement in quality of backup players who stood out for you of the starters?

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:30 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Glad you had a good time. Did you take any pictures?

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:08 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Really man? You go to the scrimmage and instead of giving us details you write one paragraph and mention 2nd and 3rd stringers??

How did Tannehill look? That's what everyone wants to know...

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:21 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Really man? You go to the scrimmage and instead of giving us details you write one paragraph and mention 2nd and 3rd stringers??

How did Tannehill look? That's what everyone wants to know...

Tannehill threw for 3 TDs (0 INTS) and was 9/13 while Devlin/Moore both threw a pick and no TDs. Dion Jordan had 2 sacks.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:22 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I hear he should have had 5 touchdowns but Egnew and Gibson both dropped a TD pass.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:42 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

He should have had 5TD's, his deep ball looked good, but he still seems to have problems with throwing low balls over the offensive linemen and that is why the TD's were dropped. I also didn't see him call any audibles at the line or anything, no finger pointing nothing, it looked liked Pouncey was a ton. It was kinda weird. I have pics but they are on a disposable. McNutt looked really good too, fast as hell, As for Jordan I didn't see it was him making the sacks until after the game and read the reports online.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:53 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I was there too, east endzone. Had a blast. To me Tannehill is head and shoulders above the other two. Clay stood out with a couple nice catches. On defense our new lbs are freaking fast and athletic very impressed with them, and I was worried about them. When I noticed Dion he was usally double or tripled teamed. Thigpin (?) returned two punts and looked very fast. Wished hartline and wallace were there because after them our wr corps is not that good. Our te are in good shape with keller and clay got to get rid of egghead. It was great to see all the fans and well worth the trip from palm beach.
Socioanthroman, glad you made it through the tornado.

Just told my wife I was posting on here and she said if you were good fans you would have been there and I would not have to post, even if you dont live here. Her words not mine.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Thanks for the update sounds like you married well.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:07 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Just told my wife I was posting on here and she said if you were good fans you would have been there and I would not have to post, even if you dont live here. Her words not mine.

I think all of us would be there if we could, especially ones like me that live in Texas. Reality is you have to pick and choose your airfare/hotel/spending money on trips when you don't live in the area like you folks do.

Regular season is my investment to see games not scrimmages, however if I did live there, I would have been there for sure!

I will have sideline passes for the Houston preseason game in a few weeks, so that I am looking forward to!

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:06 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

socioanthroman wrote:
He should have had 5TD's, his deep ball looked good, but he still seems to have problems with throwing low balls over the offensive linemen and that is why the TD's were dropped. I also didn't see him call any audibles at the line or anything, no finger pointing nothing, it looked liked Pouncey was a ton. It was kinda weird. I have pics but they are on a disposable. McNutt looked really good too, fast as hell, As for Jordan I didn't see it was him making the sacks until after the game and read the reports online.

How does getting it over the o-line equate to drops? Did the receivers just not see the ball until the last second? Not criticizing, just curious.

Sounds like Tannehill struggled against the first team defense but in fairness he didn't have two of his best weapons.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:46 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

For me my point was based on experience, chemistry was based on when I could see the QB release the ball. I could change my route and steps to catch the ball. If you don't see the release, 1st you don't know if the ball is coming to you, and secondly its a lot harder to move you body to catch the ball in a good positionif the ball is already in the air.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]