View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Tannehilll should have tried to hit WR Mike Wallace vs Jags 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Tannehilll should have tried to hit WR Mike Wallace vs Jags
Dave Hyde wrote:
Q: What was Ryan Tannehill looking at (Friday night against Jacksonville)? He didn’t even try to throw to Mike Wallace – Gordon P., Miramar

A; Here’s what he wasn’t looking at: Mike Wallace. We can throw up all the qualifiers – preseason game, line problems, etc … - but this is a head-scratcher. The preseason, their first time together, line problems - those can be reasons to throw to Wallace, too. Plus, a rookie cornerback was on him and a single safety was back. And Tannehill didn’t even look at Wallace much of the night. Wallace lined up on the right. Tannehill looked left most every play. It wasn't just Wallace. Once, when running back Lamar Miller went wide, a linebacker went with him, one-on-one, on an island, and Tannehill didn't look. Again, preseason game. I get it. But, again, this could’ve been a great night for Tannehill and Wallace to start a football relationship. Tannehill led a nice touchdown drive on his final possession. That was a baby-step forward for this offense. But not throwing at Wallace considering this situation (first time together, rookie CB, single safety up top much of the night). Can’t explain why Tannehill didn’t try. Don’t understand it at all.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 9860.story

Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:25 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Tannehilll should have tried to hit WR Mike Wallace vs Jags
You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

Just not showing their hand. That combo is going to be as good as any this season & in the next few seasons as well.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:14 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Just not showing their hand. That combo is going to be as good as any this season & in the next few seasons as well.

They're going to break every record together too. Don't forget about that! They'll probably win 20 Super Bowls in 10 seasons!

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I noticed he didn't look his way as well. There were a few times he locked into the short side of the field when he had a guy with a step beyond. The Keller TD drive was nice, but it took 4 series to get it going. Need to see him start quicker.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:36 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:

They're going to break every record together too. Don't forget about that! They'll probably win 20 Super Bowls in 10 seasons!

Rock , lighten up. I am just enthusiastic about what we have here. But Im telling you that tandem will be lethal. I am not saying we are going to go undefeated & breeze thru the playoffs & super bowl & in all honesty I would not want that because I dont want to be a fan of the team responsible for taking away the one thing Mercury Morris still lives for.
And as for winning 20 super bowls in the next 10 seasons we both know that is impossible , even for the Dolphins. But 10 super bowls in the next 5 seasons is a real possibility.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:51 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dolphins didn't take the bait

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-0 ... oe-philbin

Quote:
Tannehill, who completed 5-of-9 passes for 75 yards and threw one touchdown in his 19 offensive snaps, said he noticed the coverage, but pointed out it often changed after the snap.

And in the instances where only one safety was left deep Tannehill claims he was concerned about how deep the safety playing center-field was roaming.

That's how the quarterback explained why the Dolphins never swung for the fence.

According to coach Joe Philbin the poor protection Tannehill got didn't make going deep favorable.

"I saw the same things on the pictures," Philbin said, admitting he saw Wallace getting one-on-one coverage.

"But I feel the protection early in the game wasn't very good."

Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:02 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Coach Philben wrote:
"I saw the same things on the pictures," Philbin said, admitting he saw Wallace getting one-on-one coverage.

"But I feel the protection early in the game wasn't very good."

That would be your starting offensive line, Bubba.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
Rock , lighten up. I am just enthusiastic about what we have here. But Im telling you that tandem will be lethal. I am not saying we are going to go undefeated & breeze thru the playoffs & super bowl & in all honesty I would not want that because I dont want to be a fan of the team responsible for taking away the one thing Mercury Morris still lives for.
And as for winning 20 super bowls in the next 10 seasons we both know that is impossible , even for the Dolphins. But 10 super bowls in the next 5 seasons is a real possibility.

How about we make the playoffs, even just once, before we start the talk of multiple Super Bowls, eh?

Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

I don't know...I kind of like talking about 10 superbowls in 5 years. A guy can dream..right?

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:31 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Hyde is wrong. But then I am not shocked. I have the game on DVR and have rewatched the Tannehill throws several times. There are at least positively 2 drop backs where he looked directly at Wallace, but in less than 2 seconds Samuda's man was in the backfield forcing him to scramble for his life.

No doubt Wallace was the intended receiver.

Please watch the game before you write an article, Hyde.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]