View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 D George:Phins modest talent could make it tough for Wallace 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post D George:Phins modest talent could make it tough for Wallace
Quote:
By Dave George

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

DAVIE —

The Miami Dolphins targeted Mike Wallace in the offseason and got him, committing $60 million to the relationship. The only way he’s going to be worth the money is if Ryan Tannehill starts targeting him, too. ...

“I want, of course, every time I step on the field to make big plays,” Wallace said before heading over to the grandstands for 15 frenzied minutes of autographing. “I know I’m fast but it’s not just going to come. You have to work on other things — play-action, shorter routes, all of that, just to set up the big play. It’s not as easy as people think it is.”

You’d think South Florida fans would know that by now, having fallen in and out of love with Brandon Marshall in 2010 and ‘11. ...

There are other reasons to temper those Pro Bowl expectations for Wallace, beginning with Miami’s muddled offensive line and Miami’s desperate need to develop scoring options, but Wallace surely isn’t flinching.

“I can make it a bomb any time I catch the ball,” he said. “I feel I can score from anywhere on the field. It’s just a matter of catching the ball and getting the opportunity.” ...

What Wallace has, meanwhile, is the challenge of doing more with less.

“I’m always open,” he said Monday with a laugh.

That’s useful in a receiver, but it’s never more than half the battle.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sport ... mak/nZMXB/

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: D George:Phins modest talent could make it tough for Wallace
It definitely starts with the offensive line. The Jaguars aren't exactly going to be a team hanging around the playoffs this season and for the first three series they had Tannehill under serious duress and even in the 4th series when they finally started moving the ball, Tannehill had to step up away from the pressure that was all around him.

Until the fins fix the line problems, I think that will definitely impact getting Wallace the ball to maximize his down field catching abilities.

Granted it was just the second preseason game, but concerns are there and this week against Houston with their pressure style defense will be coming after Tannehill even more. Hopefully, they can get the right nucleus set for more continuity.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:15 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead34 wrote:
It definitely starts with the offensive line. The Jaguars aren't exactly going to be a team hanging around the playoffs this season and for the first three series they had Tannehill under serious duress and even in the 4th series when they finally started moving the ball, Tannehill had to step up away from the pressure that was all around him.

Until the fins fix the line problems, I think that will definitely impact getting Wallace the ball to maximize his down field catching abilities.

Granted it was just the second preseason game, but concerns are there and this week against Houston with their pressure style defense will be coming after Tannehill even more. Hopefully, they can get the right nucleus set for more continuity.

You know what, this story is rubbish.....The Steelers have had horrendous
o lines the past 5 years...Worst than we have now......These witch hunt stories are rubbish

Last edited by Kev1321 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:30 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

C'mon guys ... Wallace is a whole quarter into his Miami Dolphins Career. It is hard to believe he can't put up a few TDs in a quarter of play. Tannehill sux...can't hit the deep ball. Seasons over. Well...there's always fantasy

Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:01 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Come on guys nothing Mr. Junkie! The offensive line has issues and IF they do not repair them heading into the season that will be a weakness other teams will exploit. However, I am reserving my true judgement until after opening day in Cleveland.

I just hope they use these next few preseason games and practices to their advantage is where I am coming from.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:33 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Modest talent? Try being a jets fan right now.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Seems to me that he talks as if hes educating someone but he himself doesn't get what it means to be a complete receiver.

“I know I’m fast but it’s not just going to come. You have to work on other things — play-action, shorter routes, all of that, just to set up the big play. It’s not as easy as people think it is.”

Its like hes saying "yeah yeah, I gotta do other stuff when the coaches won't let me go deep every time". When I think everyone here believes he can be an amazing talent in this offense if he were willing to learn all the routes. He could be a legitimate 1500+ WR if we were focused on developing chemistry with RT the way Jennings & Jordy did with Rodgers. & i think Wallace is more gifted then those two

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:05 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I am failing to see the plethora of talent in the passing game that surrounded him in Pitt 2010...

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:42 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Redskins released WR Devery Henderson.
Henderson, who signed a non-guaranteed one-year, $840K contract with the Redskins in June, was lagging behind the likes of Leonard Hankerson and Aldrick Robinson on the depth chart. Perhaps he'll get another shot with the Saints, who are desperate for a burner to run vertical clear-out routes after losing Joe Morgan.

roto

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]