View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Brandon Marshall in the WildCat 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Brandon Marshall in the WildCat
Iowafin wrote:
Makchell wrote:
I think we finally ahve a QB and a #1 reciever and we don't need the wildcat. SKin it and make some boots.

Just because you bought a new sports car doesn't mean you have to stop using the fuel efficient compact car.

I don't want to see the new Ferarri totaled by some D-lineman on a gimick play. Remember when Trent Green got knocked out blocking on a reverse for Ginn. Or Pat White was knocked out on the sideline. Time to play traditional play action offense. The Ferarri needs to be used downfield knocking heads with CB's and Safeties. I'm sure we will get to see Marshall on some screen plays and quick slants. Occasionally the wildcat, but I am ready to see the Wildcat go away completely.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:31 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

bobby0112 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Makchell wrote:
I think we finally ahve a QB and a #1 reciever and we don't need the wildcat. SKin it and make some boots.

Just because you bought a new sports car doesn't mean you have to stop using the fuel efficient compact car.

I don't want to see the new Ferarri totaled by some D-lineman on a gimick play. Remember when Trent Green got knocked out blocking on a reverse for Ginn. Or Pat White was knocked out on the sideline..

Horrible examples. Those guys were going to get hurt regardless of what play they ran and everyone knows it. Green had mush for brains, and it was only a matter of time before something happened. Pat White was on a "traditional" roll out play...and we all knew he was going to get hurt as well.

The odds of Marshall getting hurt while running a reverse (which did quite often in Denver) are just as good, if not less, then running a route over the middle on a "traditional" play.

Besides, I wasn't suggesting using Marshall on Wildcat plays anyway, I was just saying there is no reason...absolutely no reason to "shelf" the formation/plays.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:20 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

brandon marshall is a 6'4'' 230lbs monster. pat white and trent green are as fragile as they come.

and if a cb/safety would happen to knock a qb on his ass, im sure the league would punish them at least. they protect the qb a lot nowadays.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2