View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Why Jamar Taylor has been out 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Why Jamar Taylor has been out
Yes, we know about the sports hernia surgery and some people have been critical of his inability to get over it and return to the field. Some have downplayed the recovery time for such a surgery (I had the surgery and 6 weeks later I tried to resume normal activities and wound up setting myself back a couple of months).

But did you guys know this?

Quote:
Granted, the speedy coverman from San Diego had hoped to make his debut back in Week 1. However, the kidney disorder that scared off teams indirectly contributed to him missing the first three games of his pro career.
Back in the spring, Dolphins doctors determined that he needed surgery on a sports hernia. The normal recovery time for such a procedure is three months, but Taylor faced an added hurdle: he can’t take anti-inflammatory medication that would have minimized the pain.

“Anti-inflammatories all get metabolized through the kidneys, and continual, frequent use can cause further damage,” said Bryson Lesniak, an orthopedist with the University of Miami Health System. “If you can’t control any of that inflammation, you have pain every time you move something.”
Taylor put it more bluntly.

“It definitely sucks,” he said. “It’s been an emotional roller coaster, but I’m finally healthy and ready to go whenever they want.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/25/3 ... th-to.html

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:31 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Why Jamar Taylor has been out
That explains it.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:26 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Pro Football Talk reported this a few weeks back. I thought it was taken care of already.

Guess not. Or he just had a set back recently. Regardless, we need him big time on Monday.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
Pro Football Talk reported this a few weeks back. I thought it was taken care of already.

Guess not. Or he just had a set back recently. Regardless, we need him big time on Monday.

Inflammation after hernia surgery is one of the most painful things one can ever experience... more painful than kidney stones..

Trust me, I've had both.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:32 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I've been out of it a few days. What's the news on Dmitri Patterson?

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Cornerback Dimitri Patterson, who has missed the past two games with a groin injury, is also not practicing. His status for Monday night is also in serious question to the point I would doubt it.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Cornerback Dimitri Patterson, who has missed the past two games with a groin injury, is also not practicing. His status for Monday night is also in serious question to the point I would doubt it.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Dang, thanks for the info.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:53 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I've had kidhey stones, so if it hurt more, darn thats some pain.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

i forgot he had the kidney issue

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:32 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

These groin pulls that Patterson is battling can really linger. I remember when Hartline pulled his calf last year and was out awhile. These guys use their legs for a living, knees etc. They don't usually get the FULL luxury to heal up so between how they feel and the treatment from the trainers a ton of guys probably play at 70% and above (or less) full strength just to play ball.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:16 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Inflammation after hernia surgery is one of the most painful things one can ever experience... more painful than kidney stones..

Trust me, I've had both.

well we have that in common. Doc said, you won't even know you had surgery in 2 weeks. I was still having trouble sitting at my desk for 8 hours after 6 weeks. It took me 3 months to heal completely...and yeah it sucked.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:58 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Trust me, I've had both.

well we have that in common. Doc said, you won't even know you had surgery in 2 weeks. I was still having trouble sitting at my desk for 8 hours after 6 weeks. It took me 3 months to heal completely...and yeah it sucked.

Man I feel like my surgery went really smooth now... back when I had it I figured the quick recovery is typical... now sitting here seeing your guys stories I'm thankful it was a quick recovery time. Still have scar tissue pains here and there, but I'll take that over inflammation and a 6 week recovery time any day.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:28 am

Sailor wrote:
I've had kidhey stones, so if it hurt more, darn thats some pain.

Imagine feeling as if your testicle has exploded or dettached from the rest of your body.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

lol this thread reminds of the old men who used to gather outside my granpa's store in the 70's and talk of all of their ailments. Now if you just work in a few fishing trip stories I could grab a small coke, in a bottle, poor in a pack of peanuts and I would be set.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:23 pm

AQNOR wrote:
lol this thread reminds of the old men who used to gather outside my granpa's store in the 70's and talk of all of their ailments. Now if you just work in a few fishing trip stories I could grab a small coke, in a bottle, poor in a pack of peanuts and I would be set.

Like Button! LOL

:yay:

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]