View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:19 pm



Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 OL 
Author Message
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5940
Post OL
Seriously, can the backups do worse? RT had no time and he still made plays. I feel bad for the guy, Brady, Manning, hell, throw in Marino would be horrible behind that line.


Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:41 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Post Re: OL
Tannehill has no time, but the problem is he acts like he has a ton of time. He has poise and composure, but he needs to avoid sacks. Move around or roll our and get rid of the ball!

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 257
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Post Re: OL
Thought Clabo was a good stop gap for a year but man he looks like second coming of Marc Columbo...

Tannehill is a sitting duck back there


Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5940
Post Re: OL
I saw a screen to Thomas, why? Miller is a Reggie Bush close, I'm lost, I really am.


Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:46 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1257
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Post Re: OL
Pass protection is terrible but the run blocking is even worse. This team is going no where until they can run the ball. Defenses quickly turn Miami into a one dimensional offense and then poor on the sacks. I don't know how this can be fixed. Its not one player its Martin, Jerry, Incognito and Clabo all struggling. Maybe they need to scrap this zone blocking and go to man blocking.

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3342
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: OL
I would personally like to see 3/5 OL hit the road this year. Martin, Jerry and Clabo. They all suck. I'll admit, Martin was a better RT than LT, but still, he sucks.

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20888
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: OL
Ski_Money wrote:
I would personally like to see 3/5 OL hit the road this year. Martin, Jerry and Clabo. They all suck. I'll admit, Martin was a better RT than LT, but still, he sucks.


Martin has shown improvement this season. A lot of improvement in fact. I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

Jerry and Clabo gotta go though.

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1192
Post Re: OL
Word coming out of the locker room is that Jerry and Clabo have lost their starting jobs and may not be on the team next time they suit up.

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3342
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: OL
I don't know man... Martin was getting bussed out there. Pushed around like a rag doll. Clabo just can't contain the edge and Jerry is just too darn fat for his own good. He moves like molasses.

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:48 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5543
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: OL
TommyNoleFin wrote:
Word coming out of the locker room is that Jerry and Clabo have lost their starting jobs and may not be on the team next time they suit up.


Source? Not being sarcastic, just hoping you're right.


Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:57 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 1676
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Post Re: OL
Ski_Money wrote:
Jerry is just too darn fat for his own good. He moves like molasses.


:)

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1006
Post Re: OL
Don't worry, Ireland will fix it.

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:44 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: OL
is there a lineman out there worth trading for? that a team would be willing to trade. Would love to get Albert for a 3rd.


Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:33 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5326
Post Re: OL
swerve13 wrote:
is there a lineman out there worth trading for? that a team would be willing to trade. Would love to get Albert for a 3rd.


C'mon now ..... a 3rd? Now? Really? Not gonna happen.

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20888
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: OL
swerve13 wrote:
Would love to get Albert for a 3rd.


Why stop there? Let's trade them a 7th in 2017.

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:12 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5543
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: OL
Sad tweet by James Walker basically saying Miami doesn't even consider running the ball on 3rd and 2.

That says everything about where the OL currently stands.


Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:25 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2872
Location: MA.
Post Re: OL
swerve13 wrote:
is there a lineman out there worth trading for? that a team would be willing to trade. Would love to get Albert for a 3rd.



:hithead:



what are you smoking?


Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:39 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5543
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: OL
Kev1321 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
is there a lineman out there worth trading for? that a team would be willing to trade. Would love to get Albert for a 3rd.



:hithead:



what are you smoking?


His first question is valid. You have a potential playoff team in need of a short term fix. Giving up a mid round pick for even a decent lineman has to be considered. If they haven't gone with the in house options yet you have to wonder how bad they look in practice.


Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:11 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5940
Post Re: OL
Did we draft an OL in the draft this year? WHere is he at? Injured? Scan the practice squads and see what's out there, this line is horrible.


Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:09 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5326
Post Re: OL
Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Would love to get Albert for a 3rd.


Why stop there? Let's trade them a 7th in 2017.


Make it a conditional 7th and we'll re-stock their soda machines for 2 years. They'd surely bite.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:11 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20888
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: OL
Makchell wrote:
Did we draft an OL in the draft this year? WHere is he at? Injured? Scan the practice squads and see what's out there, this line is horrible.


We drafted Dallas Thomas, a tackle/guard.

I say put Garner and Thomas out on the right side or maybe slide Jerry to tackle and put Garner at guard.

Something has to change on that right side.

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:11 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20888
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: OL
Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Would love to get Albert for a 3rd.


Why stop there? Let's trade them a 7th in 2017.


Make it a conditional 7th. They'd surely bite.


A conditional 7th that slides down to an 8th round pick if Albert misses a snap during any season.

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:12 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2872
Location: MA.
Post Re: OL
jammer wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
is there a lineman out there worth trading for? that a team would be willing to trade. Would love to get Albert for a 3rd.



:hithead:



what are you smoking?


His first question is valid. You have a potential playoff team in need of a short term fix. Giving up a mid round pick for even a decent lineman has to be considered. If they haven't gone with the in house options yet you have to wonder how bad they look in practice.



everything about kc even considering such a deal is , well crazy talk


yo


Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:31 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20888
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: OL
jammer wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
is there a lineman out there worth trading for? that a team would be willing to trade. Would love to get Albert for a 3rd.



:hithead:



what are you smoking?


His first question is valid. You have a potential playoff team in need of a short term fix. Giving up a mid round pick for even a decent lineman has to be considered. If they haven't gone with the in house options yet you have to wonder how bad they look in practice.


It's the second part of his statement that leads to the question "what are you smoking?".

The Chiefs are undefeated... why would they get rid of a guy who is ranked top 10 at the tackle position right now, especially when Lane Johnson has looked so shaky early?

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:19 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5543
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: OL
Its pretty much why I addressed the first part of the question. You guys did well enough in addressing the unrealistic part of the 2nd portion.

Mentioned it before, someone suggested seeing if TB would part with Donald Penn.


Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:20 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5326
Post Re: OL
How much do you guys think this unit misses Fasano right now?

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:53 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5543
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: OL
Rock Sexton wrote:
How much do you guys think this unit misses Fasano right now?


He's been injured for 3 games and has 4 catches.

I thought someone showed that his blocking actually started declining last year through PFF analysis.


Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:59 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5326
Post Re: OL
jammer wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
How much do you guys think this unit misses Fasano right now?


He's been injured for 3 games and has 4 catches.

I thought someone showed that his blocking actually started declining last year through PFF analysis.


I wasn't referring to the pass catching. I was referring to the fact that when healthy, Fasano was near a 6th lineman.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5543
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: OL
Rock Sexton wrote:
I wasn't referring to the pass catching. I was referring to the fact that when healthy Fasano was near a 6th lineman.


Understood which is why I pointed out the missed games and the PFF analysis.

All those years of making the o-line look better than it was seem to have put some wear on those tires.

I wish Dion Sims' progression could accelerate so that Miami could have an all around TE but that seems like wishful thinking.

I doubt they are going to find anyone in FA. I'd love to know what is going on with Egnew.


Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:20 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20888
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: OL
Rock Sexton wrote:
jammer wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
How much do you guys think this unit misses Fasano right now?


He's been injured for 3 games and has 4 catches.

I thought someone showed that his blocking actually started declining last year through PFF analysis.


I wasn't referring to the pass catching. I was referring to the fact that when healthy Fasano was near a 6th lineman.


I recall him having a negative grade as a blocker last season. I could be wrong. Unfortunately our PFF account is having issues.

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:20 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: OL
Kev1321 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
is there a lineman out there worth trading for? that a team would be willing to trade. Would love to get Albert for a 3rd.



:hithead:



what are you smoking?


I don't know cool Kev, what am I smoking? You're so cool Kev.


Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:54 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: OL
you guys act like a good player was never traded for a 3rd round pick. Randy Moss was gotten for a 4th rounder. Eugene Monroe just got traded for low round picks. Clowns!


Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:00 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20888
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: OL
swerve13 wrote:
you guys act like a good player was never traded for a 3rd round pick. Randy Moss was gotten for a 4th rounder. Eugene Monroe just got traded for low round picks. Clowns!


You're missing the point.

The Chiefs are 5-0. Why would they trade their left tackle for a 3rd rounder in the middle of their best start in years?

Comparing them to the Jaguars, who are having a firesale, is pretty clownish, to echo your childish personal attack.

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:10 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5543
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: OL
I'd start looking at the bottom of the barrel teams who might have an expensive one year rental.

Being realistic, you're probably looking at in house options. A writer posted that last year Clabo gave up 5 sacks in the first 4 games and didn't allow one after that. I hope Ireland isn't banking on that.

Another problem is that not a lot of teams are officially looking at 2014, outside of Jacksonville. Or they have a young QB they are hoping to groom and need decent linemen to protect him.


Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:23 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2872
Location: MA.
Post Re: OL
Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
you guys act like a good player was never traded for a 3rd round pick. Randy Moss was gotten for a 4th rounder. Eugene Monroe just got traded for low round picks. Clowns!


You're missing the point.

The Chiefs are 5-0. Why would they trade their left tackle for a 3rd rounder in the middle of their best start in years?

Comparing them to the Jaguars, who are having a firesale, is pretty clownish, to echo your childish personal attack.


Maybe we can get Peyton Manning for a 5th..He is old and has a neck injury :)


Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:39 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: OL
Quote:
Maybe we can get Peyton Manning for a 5th..He is old and has a neck injury :)


well according to you the Giants were all set to send us Eli Manning. :hithead:


Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:18 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5543
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: OL
Interesting note - Garner practiced at center for a while today.

Obviously not too realistic, but maybe Garner at center with Pouncey sliding to G (very good at pulling) and Jerry sliding to T (played decently there in the past).


Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:19 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5940
Post Re: OL
Our backups can't be worse.


Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:42 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: OL
Makchell wrote:
Our backups can't be worse.


play Garner and Thomas


Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4473
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: OL
jammer wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
I wasn't referring to the pass catching. I was referring to the fact that when healthy Fasano was near a 6th lineman.


Understood which is why I pointed out the missed games and the PFF analysis.

All those years of making the o-line look better than it was seem to have put some wear on those tires.

I wish Dion Sims' progression could accelerate so that Miami could have an all around TE but that seems like wishful thinking.

I doubt they are going to find anyone in FA. I'd love to know what is going on with Egnew.


We could have kept Fasano and Bush without changing anything else we did, and still would be sitting here with cap space.

And I am not buying the claravoyant GM angle that we knew someone was going to get injured.. We signed Keller, so obviously injured players are not off limits..

A healthy Keller/Fasano would make a great duo. And Bush was better than both our RB's combined..

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:26 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.