View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 OL 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: OL
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
Maybe we can get Peyton Manning for a 5th..He is old and has a neck injury :)

well according to you the Giants were all set to send us Eli Manning. :hithead:

Well, you got that wrong and i see you left out Stinkovich because you were wrong about that too.

After seeing some of the pipe dreams you come up it's no wonder :runwiththeball:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:
A healthy Keller/Fasano would make a great duo.

I advocated for keeping Fasano, thought he would make a great 2nd TE. Who knew KC would really overpay for him.

If the o-line could open up running lanes you wouldn't be mentioning Bush. Miami had a rushing TD in every game until Sunday. They just aren't moving the chains on the ground and that is mostly on the line.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:02 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

jammer wrote:
If the o-line could open up running lanes you wouldn't be mentioning Bush. Miami had a rushing TD in every game until Sunday. They just aren't moving the chains on the ground and that is mostly on the line.

I dont know about that, I am going to have to see Miller's speed at this level, he was a burner in college, even ran track. He has yet to break one, any time he has made the second level he does not out run anyone. I am beginning to think he lost a step

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:
jammer wrote:

I dont know about that, I am going to have to see Miller's speed at this level, he was a burner in college, even ran track. He has yet to break one, any time he has made the second level he does not out run anyone. I am beginning to think he lost a step

He had a 49 yd run versus Atlanta going straight through the line. That is losing a step?

The guy is getting limited holes to run through. Can't do much with that.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:19 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Bush is looking good. I'm wondering about our coaches.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:29 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

jammer wrote:

He had a 49 yd run versus Atlanta going straight through the line. That is losing a step?

He was run down from behind on that run.. Granted he tried to cut it back, but I dont see break away speed when rewatching it.. Sorry, just my opinion. I liked the kid in college..

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia ... 8e5835f0eb

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:18 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Makchell wrote:
Bush is looking good. I'm wondering about our coaches.

Good point. Now we have 2 weeks to prepare for home game vs. Buffalo with barely a starting QB. We should come out strong in that game & be comfortably up by half time.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:21 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I expect a huge lead in this game. SB/playoff teams throttle teams like this. I would love to see RT have a 3 TD performance and then eat the clock in the 4th.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:26 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
I expect a huge lead in this game. SB/playoff teams throttle teams like this. I would love to see RT have a 3 TD performance and then eat the clock in the 4th.

The Bills have a decent defense. As much as I want to see Tannehill get that 3 TD performance I find it more realistic that they will attempt to run more, especially inside the 10 yd line using that pistol formation.

I expect Miami's defense to create turnovers. They have to watch out for quick passes to Spiller ala the Sproles debacle. That might be Buffalo's way of handling the pressure and not relying on Lewis too much.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:03 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Another out of the box thought, but Yeatman used to be a TE. Why can't he be brought in for blocking purposes in a TE role? You have to get something out of the years they've invested in this guy.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:06 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Another out of the box thought, but Yeatman used to be a TE. Why can't he be brought in for blocking purposes in a TE role? You have to get something out of the years they've invested in this guy.

You'd think. But even the most common sense things seem to be avoided by this staff.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:47 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

jammer wrote:

There you go thinking creatively... :hithead:

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
jammer wrote:

There you go thinking creatively... :hithead:

Its a heavy cross but I shall bare it

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:08 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

What pisses me off more than anything is that this team was "supposedly" being built to be a high powered passing attack where WR's would move around creating mismatches.

How can that even happen when you skimp on the O-line, amass a group of TE's and RB's who are putrid in pass pro, and the WR's primarily line up in the same spots 90% of the time?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:24 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:

Mario Williams versus Tyson Clabo. Keep dreaming bro...

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:40 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Keep dreaming bro...

You shouldn't kill a dream Rich.....

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Not sure if it's been mentioned (but I'm sure already understood), our run pass ratio is lopsided. We're a 2:1 pass-to-run team. Only 5 teams have less than 100 carries on the season. Can you guess their combined win %?

.277%

Falcons (1-4) (9 sacks allowed)
Dolphins (3-2) (24 sacks allowed)
Redskins (1-3) (15 sacks allowed)
Giants (0-5) (15 sacks allowed)
Steelers (0-4) (15 sacks allowed)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2013/

So let me get this straight, we have an O-line with question marks and a RB/TE group that isn't trustworthy in pass pro ...... but we want to pass at twice the rate of the run? That is why I wonder if some of the sack/pressure numbers are skewed based on how we're running the offense at this stage. The whole thing seems so stubborn. They're tipping their one-dimensional hats to teams and it's not that odd to watch the O-line be made a fool because of it at times.

Other intelligently run teams would work to mask a deficiency like that via the run game, screen game, dump-offs, and draw plays ..... we do none of that. Our whole offense is basically 3WR quick comebacks and curls. Watch the videos I posted, by design it would appear we're getting the ball out quick. We're not even attempting to manipulate defenses into giving us time to drop back and start throwing more deep balls.

Tannehill is averaging 36.4 attempts per game. Does that sound kosher to any of you? I think this offense is completely fooling themselves if they are intent on being a finesse, pass dominate unit like the Packers have been. They're still not ready for it yet. Heck, even the Broncos (201/151) and Saints (201/125) have better pass/run numbers.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:46 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Other intelligently run teams would work to mask a deficiency like that via the run game, screen game, dump-offs, and draw plays ..... we do none of that. Our whole offense is basically 3WR quick comebacks and curls. Watch the videos I posted, by design it would appear we're getting the ball out quick. We're not even attempting to manipulate defenses into giving us time to drop back and start throwing more deep balls.

I'm trying to bang my head against the wall too. At least try a sweep to pull the linemen away from the pressure

Sherman = Ball & Chain. & i don't if we should view Philbin as a coach who gets it either

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2