View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Not the Same Clabo 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Not the Same Clabo
Quote:
Not the Same Clabo

Five games in and it’s probably safe to say that right tackle Tyson Clabo has lost a step. The perennial Top 10 tackle is ranked 53rd of 61 tackles after Sunday, with a grade of -8.3. He was continually beaten every which way by the Ravens’ edge rushers. Four of the seven times he was beaten came via the inside move, while two were from bull rushes and one from a speed rush. Clabo has now graded below -0.5 in pass blocking four out the Dolphins’ five games this season. That ties his high season since PFF has been grading games.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ami-week5/

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Not the Same Clabo
I guess in terms of FA misses...this one really hurts.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:11 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I think it would be pretty easy to tee off on the greatest of tackels when you know its a pass :angry:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Manhattan wrote:
I think it would be pretty easy to tee off on the greatest of tackels when you know its a pass :angry:

Oh ya, that's it ...... c'mon now. Image

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:57 am

Manhattan wrote:

There are ways to slow down that DE with the pass. A screen or shovel pass, a delayed draw off tackle...Miami doesn't do any of those things regularly but have success when they do.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:03 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

A draw isnt a pass so i think we agree.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:07 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

If Clabo doesn't bounce back better after the bye week, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut OR I wouldn't be surprised if Garner is inserted going into the next game. OR perhaps it is slow as molasses Jerry that also gets replaced.

I wonder if Garner and Yeatman would be worth the try.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:08 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Finhead34 wrote:
If Clabo doesn't bounce back better after the bye week, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut OR I wouldn't be surprised if Garner is inserted going into the next game. OR perhaps it is slow as molasses Jerry that also gets replaced.

I wonder if Garner and Yeatman would be worth the try.

Hard to imagine that they will suddenly become better when in a real game when they are not better facing the exact same defense in practice.

They went through this in camp and PS, and the better players won the job. We need better players

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:28 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Or maybe coaching needs to do the best it can with the players it has and run the ball instead of expecting Clabo to do well against Dummervill and Suggs teeing off in shotgun every play

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

We need better players

I absolutely agree, but where is the question do you get those better players THIS season? You either look to see if a back up is ready to step up and do better OR you make a trade or sign a free agent.

One would say we would be "settling" for one of our back ups and going to an unsigned player would be scraps off the street. I don't know if there is a lineman off someone else's roster that could be picked up for a draft pick.

I don't have any confidence in what we have, other than Pouncey, Incognito (Martin if we moved him to the right side), too many holes to fill.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:18 am

checks standings..... huh? Aren't we 3-2 and ready to make a playoff run :embarrassed:

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:08 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Finhead34 wrote:
We need better players

I absolutely agree, but where is the question do you get those better players THIS season? You either look to see if a back up is ready to step up and do better OR you make a trade or sign a free agent.

One would say we would be "settling" for one of our back ups and going to an unsigned player would be scraps off the street. I don't know if there is a lineman off someone else's roster that could be picked up for a draft pick.

I don't have any confidence in what we have, other than Pouncey, Incognito (Martin if we moved him to the right side), too many holes to fill.

I agree, dont think there are any solutions out there. We are not the only team in need on o-line help either so the option of bringing in outside help has passed.

This is not some new thing that just came up. The previous regime struggled with the line, and ending last season we had a few questions regarding ours..

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
checks standings..... huh? Aren't we 3-2 and ready to make a playoff run

Not sure about a playoff run, just yet. Losing the last two in ugly fashion do not make me believe Miami is ready for a playoff run.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:03 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think the Dolphins can make a playoff run, but only because the pats are down this year. If they were the old pats, they would have crushed the bengals and be 5-0. Instead they will most likely lose to the saints as well and fall to 4-2. They narrowly escaped losses to the jets and bills. This division is definitely winnable by the Dolphins, and that equals playoffs, but they better find a way to slow down the sacks and fumbles if they want to take advantage of the opportunity.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:32 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Manhattan wrote:

Oh ya, that's it ...... c'mon now. Image

I used to think it was your abundant negativity that I found peculiar. I know now that its not. Often I even agree with some of your negative comments, because unfortunately, sometimes things with the Dolphins are indeed negative.

I think what it is that I find odd, is that you seem to take pleasure in it. You get some sort of fun out of ridiculing the Dolphins. I see that pic of Sherman and it causes me pain, not joy.

Even when I don't like something the Dolphins do, and I don't think it will succeed, and it eventually doesn't, I can never take pleasure in being right, because it means the Dolphins failed.

I got more negativity from fellow Dolphins fans after the loss to the ravens than I did from fans of other teams.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:46 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
I used to think it was your abundant negativity that I found peculiar. I know now that its not. Often I even agree with some of your negative comments, because unfortunately, sometimes things with the Dolphins are indeed negative.

I think what it is that I find odd, is that you seem to take pleasure in it. You get some sort of fun out of ridiculing the Dolphins. I see that pic of Sherman and it causes me pain, not joy.

Even when I don't like something the Dolphins do, and I don't think it will succeed, and it eventually doesn't, I can never take pleasure in being right, because it means the Dolphins failed.

I got more negativity from fellow Dolphins fans after the loss to the ravens than I did from fans of other teams.

there's alot of truth in this statement. I don't understand enjoying our struggles either.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:26 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

There is a thread on this board titled "Sherman Watch". That picture is made fun of with guys adding their own captions. Also on that thread is many concerns about his play calling.
I dont think there is pleasure taken by posting that picture , just reality. His play calling has become suspect & should be pointed out. After all that is what this board is all about , voicing opinions. Drinking the kool aid is fine but reality is still reality.
All that being said I still think this thing gets back on track & this is very much a playoff bound team.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

It's not about one pic, it's about an entire body of work.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]