View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Free Agency 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Free Agency
Is there any positions we could fill via free agency like maybe OLB with JT or Keith Bullock(if healthy) or maybe go after Sharper or Hamlin to fill the FS spot. I realize that the draft will be priority before anymore FA's are looked at but thoughts on any of these guys?

Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:42 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Free Agency
nbrewer22 wrote:
Is there any positions we could fill via free agency like maybe OLB with JT or Keith Bullock(if healthy) or maybe go after Sharper or Hamlin to fill the FS spot. I realize that the draft will be priority before anymore FA's are looked at but thoughts on any of these guys?

Otogwe, Sharper, Hamlin are all viable options. I don't think they go after those positions until after the draft. I think this was the whole plan all along. Same as JT. They are going to wait and see how the draft shakes out before committing to 1 year stop gaps.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:47 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Atogwe is still very much in play according to Jeff Darlington...but only after june 1st because then he essentially becomes a free agent..Right now Rams can match any contract offer and they will

Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:53 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

enJeppesen wrote:
Atogwe is still very much in play according to Jeff Darlington...but only after june 1st because then he essentially becomes a free agent..Right now Rams can match any contract offer and they will

Rams really want to get him re-signed, but if the Dolphins could land him it would make this offseason one of their best - ever.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:36 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

onlygators wrote:
enJeppesen wrote:

Rams really want to get him re-signed, but if the Dolphins could land him it would make this offseason one of their best - ever.

Yeah, they do but right now Atogwe is holding all the cards and probably won't accept anything untill june 1st and see who's in play which could be many big teams with better records(including us hehe)

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:50 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Just to add on to the FA talks, why not a vet (wr) also. I would like to see them bring in T.Holt,its not like we will ask him to be the man. He can be a good lokeroom guy and help lead the (wr) in the right direction on and off the field (i.e) Marshall. The guy has never had any issues off the field that I have heard of and he knows what it takes to win.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:48 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

holt would be a waste of money

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

rhoads30 wrote:
holt would be a waste of money

Have to agree here. He...WAS...a good WR. Is there really a benefit to having him play over Bess or Camarillo? (Don't like Camarillo though). Hartline is a better No. 2 than Holt.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:20 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I dont see Holt as a waste of money, plus if this team is getting younger we need some lockeroom guys in there who can show this team how to win. And dont want Holt to take away real playing time from Bess or Hartline but guys do get hurt. Plus he can show Marshall how to be on and off the field like I.Bruce did for Holt when he came into the league.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:48 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Eh. He doesn't bring enough to the table. The Dolphins feel like they have their veteran core even without Taylor. If you bring Holt in, then you get rid of Camarillo, by the way.

Marshall - Hartline - Holt - Bess are your four. Unless Camarillo is going to play ST and you're going to cut Turner.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:13 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I'd prefer hanging on to Camarillo in that case.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:23 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Okay was just a small thought.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]